Page 1 of 39 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: When the first download content will be released?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

Default When the first download content will be released?

well, near a month has passed from the day of release, all us got very good fun times with our beloved game, but now most of us should had already unlocked everything and finished the game, so i think its time for something new to add 'cause after all this time it feel really the lack of something more

not that i'm tired of all the good tracks and stuff but really this already near perfect game need to something new and fresh to buff up , some stuff really startin' to get old
    who think the same as me?

so i wonder when will be announced some dlc content,
    personally i hope to see something before xmas ( and i hope something very generous )

p.s. eventually excuse me for my poor english

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

You'll get some aggro reply from someone saying, who are you to demand such requests, how could you. lol.

No ive been thinking about the same thing for a few weeks now. Would be cool to see some DL contents for Wipeout HD out there, like "Elimination mode, in single player, multiplayer and online" as well as a few more "Pulse tracks" along with some "classis Wipeout tracks" as well.

Some DL packs for Wipeout HD would be muchly appreaciated guys, cheers

I suspect that SL's first priority should be [and may actually be] on bug elimination instead of worrying about extra content.

PSN ID
    smwood71

Yes, release the rest of the remaining Pulse tracks then move on to the remaining Pure ones.

And if you find the time the Wipeout 2097, Wipeout 3 and then the Wipeout tracks (in that order) would be very much appreciated.

Oh and a few new ones wouldn't be bad either

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

last night i've discover an interesting fact
    i don't know if some of us have make this discover before me...

if you pay attention you can spot some little Van Uber billboards on vineta and sebenco

i've discover this after i have take some deep looking on shots i've done...maybe i'll post
    interesting ,ain't

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    I suspect that SL's first priority should be [and may actually be] on bug elimination instead of worrying about extra content.
    Agreed. Thats rated high on the priority list. This freezing **** is extremmly irritating.

Quote Originally Posted by smwood71
    Yes, release the rest of the remaining Pulse tracks then move on to the remaining Pure ones.

And if you find the time the Wipeout 2097, Wipeout 3 and then the Wipeout tracks (in that order) would be very much appreciated.

Oh and a few new ones wouldn't be bad either
    Absolutely, then the sensation of complete satisfaction will be a achieved.

I don't think that's ever been achieved for me for a period longer than it takes for the next thought to enter my head.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I like some new content as well,but I agree that eliminating the bugs from the game would be a priority.

I don't know if the elite level AI is considered a bug,[it sure seems so at times],but I'd like that tweaked if at all possible.

As it is at the moment it's seems to have put people off WO HD from posts I've read at other Playstation forums,and I've certainly found that the amount of people on my friends list have given up [all around the same game %] and are now playing other titles,which doesn't bade well for sales of additional content or for that matter,the longevity of the title as a whole when you consider the relatively short space of time since HD's release.

Just a rather unpleasant observation that I'd thought I'd bring to light,anybody else notice this?

PSN ID
    rushinmonkey

/way off topic sorry!

i think you find that with almost every game, there are a very small percentage of addicts who will play for years, but your average gamer has an attention span of less epic proportions. A month and the next shiny thing is waiting to be played.

Now about the ppl moaning on other forums about elite.. this imo actually has nothing to do with the game, its all about this weird urge to get all the trophies. have also read posts where ppl are setting up races just to kill each other to get the 50 online kills. I cant think of anything more pointless, really i cant - why not just play the game? You will get this eventually. But it seems loads of people have less interest in enjoying the gameplay than trying to get all the throphies. go figure

Anyhow, would be nice to see new tracks not just old ones.. even though for me all the tracks in HD are new as i never played pure or pulse

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Abry1979

Quote Originally Posted by rushin View Post
    have also read posts where ppl are setting up races just to kill each other to get the 50 online kills. I cant think of anything more pointless, really i cant - why not just play the game? You will get this eventually. But it seems loads of people have less interest in enjoying the gameplay than trying to get all the throphies. go figure
    That was my original intention. And you know what? After buying the game on release and playing every day, I have got a grand total of ZERO kills. Yep. Zero.

Killing another player requires a coincidence of circumstances: low energy rival, the right pickup in the right moment, etc etc. It's not only dependant on your skill.

Oh, I have blasted away hundreds of weapons at hundreds of people, but none of them have been a coup de grace. Plus I don't remember having got a single Plasma pickup online, ever.

What did I do? I set up a 1-rival session with a buddy, we both picked Icaras, and went at it. In 25 minutes I went from 0 to 50 kills, and so did him.

AG Assassin might come naturally. But who's to say that the game will be popular enough for me to get it in, say, one year from today?

It's like Bling Brigade. It MIGHT happen by itself, but if you don't get it now, the online lobby could turn into a barren, empty wasteland and your chances of racing other 7 people with the proper skin get slim and rarer by the day. I say no, thanks. Better to set everything up, getting the damn trophy and proceed to enjoy the game.

I'd rather waste 25 minutes, get it together with Double Kill, and then enjoy the online mode naturally. Sounds much better than ruining all your races by devoting yourself to buggering and blasting other racers.
    Last edited by Rincewind; 23rd October 2008 at 10:53 AM.

PSN ID
    rushinmonkey

i think you are being a little cynical - in all of your posts you have suggested the game is about to die online, think that is very far from reality.

but you missed my point which was pondering why anyone would be more interested in getting a 'trophy' ie a tiny graphic and one line of text, than playing a game. I understand striving for achievements and obsessive behaviour but the whole concept of trophies has sailed right over my head

If you can give me even one half good reason why i should turn on pilot assist just to get a trophy then please do!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

+1

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

rushin: you get the trophy. That's all. If you don't want to do it that's fine but don't expect everyone to do the same as you. A lot of people play for trophies and download mediocre titles just to get them. I think it sucks too but if they enjoy getting the trophies well let them enjoy it. I guess that's how they play videogames.
    I have to agree with Rincewind though, AG Assassin and Bling Brigade will take a long time to obtain and/or are damn near impossible to obtain if you don't set up some sort of meeting. GL finding eight chrome skins playing online ''just like that''.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Personaly i don't want to see any kind of new DL tracks in the next days or weeks, i for one to have them end of this year ( Xmas SL gift ) but not before Xmas.

PSN ID
    rushinmonkey

oh i dont know, i got 3 or 4 kills the other evening. but then i tend to play mean with the PA guys and hang around the back for first lap shooting them/overtaking and laying mines on narrow sections

and sorry if my posts came off as 'i am right, you are wrong' - wasnt the intention, and ofc not the case.. but i'd still like someone to explain to me the appeal of the whole trophy thing..

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    crawdad62

Quote Originally Posted by rushin View Post
    but i'd still like someone to explain to me the appeal of the whole trophy thing..
    I can't explain it other than it's something that's appealing to quite a few people. I know my kid is all about getting them. Not to the point of altering his gameplay to achieve one but he's certainly trying to get them. I visit other forums and that's usually the first question that's asked when a new game is announced.... whether or not trophies will be supported.

It's sort of strange how we all play these games differently. My whole family plays Rock Band. My wife and me just want to bang on the drums and play guitar well enough to make a decent score and progress through the tour. My kids are all about making money on the tour so they can buy new juke for their avatar. Again my kid will spend hours getting a character in a game just right while I just play the default generic one just so I can get on with the gameplay.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

mates, sincerely i could understand if at every trophy achieved you get something for reward, like unlocking some stuff, but for have, like another mate has already pointed only an icon on the trophy list, sincerelly really i can't understand it don't worth nothing to me to modify the way i enjoy the game and take out my fun past with the game for follow this hunt for useless trophyes

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Yes, of course there's no reward or unlocking stuff with trophies. But the reason that push me (and others here, i'm sure) to achieve all of it, is the fact that i always want to finish my favorite games at 100%.

So if the trophies were left out, you could still finish the game 100 percent.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Yes Lance, lol. But they're in. I want to leave the campaign & trophies behind me to concentrate in online and TT in fact