Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: When the first download content will be released?

Timezone
    GMT -5

Wipeout Fusion had a similar leader-seeking missile. I think. ?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

The dlc should be released shortly. I don't want to put pressure on the guys but people who bought the game on other forums are waiting for it and wondering if WipEout HD is dead.
    More and more on the PlayStation Underground forums I see threads about DLC, the online being empty, etc.; and the number of these negative threads keeps decreasing (There are no more positive threads about the game, ie asking for tips, discussing strategies, etc.).
    I made a WipEout HD FAQ that I try to keep updated before and since the release of the game, but it has become hard to sustain interest in it (barely one post after I update it with info about DLC). Personally I can probably wait more, and others on WOZ as well, but the less hardcore fans are losing hope.
    WipEout HD has features designed for new people to the franchise (Pilot assist, difficulty levels, integrated manual, tips on the loading screens [Although only three is really cheap]), it's time something is done so that these new people consider staying.
    The least should be an announcement posted on major gaming websites about DLC. Right now the only real traffic you're getting online is Avalon, Astral, and the team duels and ffa organized right here on the zone/arena&play3live. The gamespot/gamefaqs forums are dead, I don't know about the eu playstation forums, but I hardly imagine the situation being any different.
    The community needs something to chew on. WipEout HD is one of the best value game on the PSN. The Austrian deal is hardly publicized I believe (WipEout HD for free), and we have yet to see if it is true anyways (Not putting your word in doubt eLhabib, I still believe you ). A game can't survive on word of mouth, especially when this word rarely comes out of the zone/arena bastion. Saying otherwise is a blatant lie. This needs advertising. WipEout HD isn't as flawed as UT3 on PC, but it can take some pointers from Epic Games. It needs some type of free weekend or something, coinciding with the next Avalon event (Kanar, this is your chance friend), maybe even brand it Avalon (the free weekend). I know it's possible to make content available temporarily on PS3, rental videos do it, do it for the game, for the community, and most definitely for yourselves SCEE Liverpool.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

i'll 2nd that. pretty much sums up anything i could ever think of.

having said that, please DON'T ever put a leader missile into this game. leftover bombs/mines and people being lapped are enough of a problem as it is...

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

rather than anything designed to punish those that are doing well, I'd prefer to have more to help those doing poorly. eg: varying the weapon pickups based on your current position.
    it's incredibly frustrating being in last place and getting mines, bomb, mines, shield, bomb, mines over the course of a lap when all you need is a turbo

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

This is so true. I hate being in second on the final lap being behind by 1 seconds and getting, Bomb , Mines, Leach, Shield, Bomb, Bomb, Bomb.
    Last edited by Lance; 7th April 2009 at 04:07 AM. Reason: Redundant quotation eliminated. Please read and follow the WZ guidelines posted in the 'Announcements' thread.

Default Mod message.

^^^^
    Redundant quotation eliminated. Please read and follow the WZ guidelines posted in the 'Announcements' thread.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Golgofier

Firstly, well put Darkdrium. I completely agree with your views. This game is sinking, slowly but steadily. Its DLC or death.

About the leadership missile, I think this would be a nice addition that would contribute to balancing online races somewhat. Being 1st in a race means huge advantages, you got first dibs on all pickups, no one's dropping mines or bombs on you and you can concentrate on your piloting better. A just think a lead missile would make things even more interesting.
    That said, I also agree with Lion. Varying the weapon pickups based on your position would also be a very nice addition to balancing races.

On a side note, the reason I love Wipeout is because of it's fantastic formula of racing and destruction. Wipeout without weapons would boor me very quickly and it would just be another racing game of which there are already too many. Its the excitement and knowledge of knowing that you can easily go from 1st to dead last in 2 seconds that makes this game so appealing.
    Last edited by Golgofier; 7th April 2009 at 12:18 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

For my part i don't want a too much balanced game (devs already tried to do that with pilot-assist, long range quakes and persistent bombs). To win races, i prefer to learn the tracks and how to go faster than counting on a quake or a leadership missile. There's a part of luck in wipeout hd and it's as exciting as frustrating sometimes. But i like the games that rewards the skills, don't let turn wipeout into a mario-kart.
    For the dlc, of course i look forward to race new tracks (with incredible enhanced graphics ), but there's already so much work to try to master the remaining tracks and new tricks that it can wait a little

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Soccermums

Just wanted to make everyone happy

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/...racing-to-psn/

Quoted from the blog:
    Hi everybody! I’m excited to bring to you news of an awesome update for WipEout HD. And perhaps the best news is you don’t have to wait long for it. Tomorrow, April 8, 2009, the V1.30 free update for WipEout HD will be available for download. The update will introduce a selection of new multiplayer features to the legendary anti-gravity racer. Check out the full details below.

Online Ranking
    With over 50 ranks to progress through, there will be a new edge to online racing in WipEout HD. Your finishing position, speed class and the rank of your opponents will determine how many ranking points you are awarded as you strive to go from a Wipeout Trainee to a Wipeout Legend!

Podium Screen & Online Badges
    * A new podium screen will now display the top three finishers after each online race or tournament.
    * Regardless of whether you finish in the Top Three or not, every player has the chance of being awarded an ‘online badge’ in recognition of how they performed in the race.
    * There are 33 badges in total, examples of which are displayed here.

Connect easily with your friends
    Game invites have now been introduced to WipEout HD to make it easy for you to invite your friends to join your game or for them to invite you! In addition, you will also be informed of any friends with an active online game and have the ability to join that game instantly!

Watch races in progress
    If a race has started before you have had chance to join it, Spectator mode will allow you to watch that race. Within spectator mode, you can choose from four camera angles and select which ship to watch.
    After the race has been completed, you will be taken back to the lobby with the other players so you can compete with them in the next race.

Additional Options
    Lastly, to provide more variety when setting up an online race, WipEout HD has added a few additional options:
    * HUD Weapon Hints on/off.
    * Opponents - Choose to create a Public, Friends-only or Invite-only game.
    * Barrel Rolls on/off
    * Pilot Assist Allowed on/off (sorry Welly, your days of ruling are over )
    * Number of laps (max 20)

We hope you enjoy these new features. And it you haven’t played WipEout HD in a while, now is a good time! We’ll see you online.
    Last edited by Soccermom; 7th April 2009 at 05:25 PM.

PSN ID
    psp/ps3 ID : cnmth

Coool update!!!

good some new online settings , and 20 laps

i think that new tracks are not far away now ; )

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Someone wants to make me shut up

Bravo

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Soccermums

Quote Originally Posted by cnmth View Post
    Coool update!!!

good some new online settings , and 20 laps

i think that new tracks are not far away now ; )
    I think you are right. Notice how they stress the "free update" part, which is very odd unless you are planning for priced DLC

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

WOW! This sounds too good to be true!!!

On the other hand, I have to say I really am sorta disappointed they got these news before we did

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

turn BRs off? noooooooooo
    i suppose some people will like that...
    **** it, i'm not complaining AT ALL
    Thanks for restoring my faith in you studio liverpool!
    Last edited by yeldar2097; 7th April 2009 at 05:40 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Zoth-Ommog

Very coool news! i hope we get some bug fixes also, or at least won't get any new ones.

Edit: I was just wondering, how online race records will be displayed if you can change the length of a race by choosing number of the laps...? own record table for every length?
    Last edited by Zoth-Ommog; 7th April 2009 at 05:43 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Soccermums

haha, that is exactly what I thought as well

However, they do OWN the game and viewed in that light, it is hard to not understand the announcement coming first on their own blog.
    If I were head of marketing in Sony and saw this announcement on WOzone first, I would be get crazy angry

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Wow. That is pretty darn cool. 20 lap races could be good. The no PA option is something I've wanted forever. The no BR option could also be intersting, just to see whether it actually plays a huge role in the dominance of some players or if they're just as far without them.

Looking forward to trying these out.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    BornToBeMild

Online ranking!!!

Thank you VERY much,Studio Liverpool!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

OMG OMG OMG thx SL. I'm selling SF4, GTA4, KZ, & LBP (like new, almost never played) by the way, if anyone interested.
    Last edited by kanar; 7th April 2009 at 06:28 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Golgofier

Yeeeeay!!! for everyone at SL!