Thread: Reverse Tracks

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PSN ID
    smwood71

Default Reverse Tracks

Not sure if I've missed something obvious but none of the reverse tracks seem to appear in the single player campaign events.

I find this very odd since Wipeout Pulse featured the alternative tracks (white & black) in the campaign events and it would gradually introduce the player to those new tracks rather just saying they have been unlocked and leaving it at that. In addition it would add extra variety/challenges to these events.

On a much different note, it's good to see the blue speed pads return. I just couldn't get used to the yellow ones after being brought up on the blues ones throughout my Wipeout career.

Love the game though!

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

I'd suggest reverse tracks were something they decided to add maybe a bit last minute or quite near the end of the games development at which point the campaign mode had already been done with the original 8 tracks. Going back and making changes would have caused further delay.

I feel that makes sense as there doesn't appear to be any sort of lap or race records for the reverse tracks which means they probably weren't tried out very throughly. Thats not a dig at anyone they work quite well, except that blind turn on metropia, that is most unwelcome lol.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

That blind turn on Metropia R is the best freaking thing in the whole game! I love it!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Nadia_Elenova

yeah, talking about jedi reflexes

PSN ID
    smwood71

I find it hard to believe it would take too much effort swapping out some of the campaign races for their reverse equivalents even late in the day.

Also I didn't realize that the reverse track times are not logged on the server. I hope this gets fixed with a future update as it would mean any DLC might suffer the same fate.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Reverse times are logged on the server - why wouldn't they?