Page 7 of 161 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Thread: WipEout HD Videos

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Danterich

Very nice Wotan. Now I defenitly think about changing from internal to external view for further success.And wow "Massive Attack" and wipeout, that´s a combination. Never thought of that, smoothy. c u on tracks

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Pirapac, after seeing your video and noticing that you have quite a different raceline on Sebenco and Metropia R, I had to try TT on those 2 tracks (never done TT before, only SL). Sebenco I find especially intriguing, since it's really hard to whip out 5 perfect laps with all those BRs and not messing up
    But on both tracks I am now directly behind you on the leaderboards, and I think I can fly about 1.5 sec faster on Sebenco (had about 4 or 5 missed BRs, and some wall contact + missed boost pads), and about 1 sec faster on Metropia R. I just need to pull it perfectly once

On Sebenco I really wonder why you use the turbo on top of the hill. I BR there without turbo, land on the crest, BR again. I use the turbo coming out of the tunnel, BR above the chicane.

On Metropia R I have the same turbo spot, but I pull down (under the metal trussing) and catch the speedpad in the bend.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Ceiu

Wow... learn a lot by watching first hand how you guys handle some of these tracks.

pirahpac, in your Sebenco run, I've noticed you're not even attempting one of the final BR attempts immediately after the final chicane when you fall from the hill into that hard right. Might help shave off another couple tenths.
    Your Metropia reverse run is pretty crazy as well. Though, I'm curious why you boost over the mini tunnel thing at the end and not into it? Wouldn't it be slightly faster to stay closer to the ground?

Also, what are you guys using to record/edit these videos?

PSN ID
    pirhapac

for sebenco i use always my turbo here cuz i did my 22.08 sl like that..and one time in a tt i did ..21.87 (9 pad 6 br i have a photo) so i continue..and for metropia rev u right i still forgot to nose down for get last pad after boost br

PSN ID
    Alejess

Many thanks to Pirahpac & Wotan for those great videos. Those BRs look so easy when watching them on YouTube, but most of my attempts to actually replicate them ended very messily

also huge thanks from me to Pirhapac and Wotan for the videos, some great stuff to learn. I agree with Haydn about the BR on sol reverse. That is just amazing.

PSN ID
    rushinmonkey

Pirahpac.. wow, especially metropia reverse. it's 03:00 but still i want to get out of bed and try that boost over the tunnel

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Talking

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zFXnur06eNQ

Funny stuff from my son verses Xtriko!

stevie

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Was mom happy that he was talking loudly like that?

Funny stuff indeed Tell him he's a good pilot though

PSN ID
    Xtriko, PS3, PSP & Vita

stin you old bastard! XD LOL! "Hey Mauro! my son is going to f4ck your a$$!" XD lol it's these things that i miss the pulse times... i could race you all with my girl now, all she gets, is to watch lol. I have to upload a few videos that i have not something too special but i'll do it

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Finally got a decent enough camera to make some videos myself and have set up a YouTube channel. Nothing really groundbreaking so far, just a few TT runs on various courses. Will be filling it up with some online races in the future though

http://uk.youtube.com/user/HellfireWZ

Make sure you watch them in high quality, normal quality is almost unwatchable

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

That's a lot better than what I thought it would be, from what you said. How is the setup, turn of the lights? Camera goes where? etc. Thanks

Nice quality.

PSN ID
    pirhapac

heu!!?? u stop accelerate in the first turn on chengou?? i br before and dont stop accelerate..its very more fast..

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I made comments on all your vids Charlie! Very nice racing with the purple brick.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Tomeru

Very nice flying Hellfire! I should take all yous example and post some vids too...

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    That's a lot better than what I thought it would be, from what you said. How is the setup, turn of the lights? Camera goes where? etc. Thanks

Nice quality.
    It took a fair bit of setting up, mainly to remove all the auto lighting adjustments as it killed the framerate. All other stuff was pretty much my normal setup, room light was on. Only thing I don't normally do is turn the volume up that high so the microphone picks it all up. It was all recorded straight from gameplay, nothing was added to the video. The camera itself was sitting on my desk in front of me on top of 11 DVD cases to get it up high enough. Could still see over the top though

Quote Originally Posted by pirahpac View Post
    heu!!?? u stop accelerate in the first turn on chengou?? i br before and dont stop accelerate..its very more fast..
    I can sometimes get through that corner without letting up, but because of the heaviness of the craft the turning circle is so big it requires an exact line that I can very rarely replicate. It needs to pretty much skim the apex of the corner, and more often than not I slam straight into it. I prefer the slightly slower, albeit safer, line

There's a few more being uploaded now, should be ready later. Again, nothing groundbreaking, just my attempt at some time trials.

Great Videos - I would have liked to have seen you racing a ghost, have you got them turned off yes?

Nice racing bro

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    afatsuoM

Default Video's coming up

Hello all, i'm new to this forum, but i love all the video's in this thread. I'll try to make some of my own soon.

The video's will be recorded through my dad's harddisk recorder in SD quality, so no cam. I hope to have them up on Youtube this weekend.

I'm not a very good pilot, but i managed to get the Zone Zeus trophy so i guess i'm not bad either. I still need to nail some of those Phantom elite single races. WipEout HD rocks, but i find the game quite hard to master.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

Hellfire, nice vids. Amazing quality... I think we have the same screen lol. I love qirex now!

afatsuoM, looking forward to your videos too

++ I forgot, Pirahpac : WHAT A YouTube CHANNEL LOL

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Here's my first youtube vidéo, a sebenco online race during a tournament http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=k5TJnuGpw5k
    The hoster was kut59 (a fast frenchy )
    Kgb1971 won the race (i'm a nice rival, don't you think ? )