Page 3 of 161 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: WipEout HD Videos

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Tomeru

Wow, those are really expert level performance videos Mad-Ice. I have much to go before I get this good, and these help speed the process.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Ice View Post
    ... Problemsolver: No I never saw zone 100+! To be honest, I did not even try one single zone race in HD!
    Everybody has his favorite. I've found out that either one likes
    or "dislikes" the ZONE mode. But sometimes it simply breaks down that one
    cannot be the master of all. For example, I'm not into SPEED LAPS atm.

Quote Originally Posted by AnErare View Post
    ... ProblemSolver, damn! That is such an awesome video and display of sheer performance!
    thx!

Quote Originally Posted by AnErare View Post
    ... If your field of play doesn't end at that track please capture more of them and post those as well, I would be very very interested to study HD's zoning possibilities
    That was one of my intention since a lot of people have asked me for a
    video to study how I do it. However, I have improved a bit since I've
    recorded that video. My runs are now a bit smoother at zone 95+.

I would also do some more videos, but I need a better DigiCam at first. As
    you can see, as faster the geometry goes as less was the cam able to track
    (to encode) the given information resulting in a rather bad video quality
    at zone 85+. I need a 60fps cam.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Ice View Post
    At Leungbok: Thanks and no I can't remember you said my vids were awesome. You will get the consistency I am sure, you got it in you. The force is strong in you.
    Thanks mate, but very attractive & easier the darkside of respawns is

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

great vids mad-ice.
    chengou rev, metropia rev, and moa therma rev are sheer class acts.

i didnt know about the barrel roll at the end of chengou rev, thatll be handy

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Thanks again for the feedback guys! This will keep me going to make more vids. Also I am happy people are using the vids to become better!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Maybe a video with your hands and the controller in the shot as well.
    We can hear you slapping the controller around in the background,would be nice to know if it's a short stab at the air brakes or small side shifts your using.

And how your getting consistent barrel rolls,mine are far less so,well hit or miss to be totally honest a lot of the time,still haven't got the hang of the damm things,seems to be dependent on which controller I'm using and if it's a full moon or not.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Well, I am already happy that I could record it like this! I think I am not able to record my hands too, sorry!

Consistent BRs are very difficult, especially in the beginning I had to adjust my thumb movement from the PSP. The D-pad from the DS3 is somehow reacting different. When I tried to put my thumb in the middle of the D-pad and gently rubbing it left-right-left it reacted better. I hope this will work for you too.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Yeah,rubbing my thumb over the D-Pad is what I'm resorting to,the problem I've found with that is, that because your hand position is dictated by the shape of the controller ,instead of being able to position your thumb [North/South as on the PSP ]and moving your thumb [East/West] to do a barrel roll.

On the controller your thumb tends to sit across the D-Pad in a [N/E-S/W position],so when I go to do a BR it either doesn't happen or it does happen but I've veered either left or right,and BR into something.
    I have to move the whole of my left hand to line my thumb up to BR successfully.
    PITA.
    Makes me wonder why the decision to keep the control input to achieve a BR were still linked to the craft steering in HD,knowing that the interface had been changed.
    I guess a controller mod of some type in on the cards for me.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

It took me time but eventually i did watched, commented and rated all your videos Matthijs : pure hot-show you offered us : keep the good work up !
    I really enjoyed those vids like the one from ProblemSolver zone 101 rocks

Thx guys to put your spare time doing this

PSN ID
    chboing

Thanks Mad-Ice for those avalon vids, very nice work, i'm waiting patiently for the next !

one or 2 questions though. It seems to me you manage to place 2 side shift into the same turn sometimes. This is something i tried but i gave up rapidly with the conviction it was impossible. For me you have to stop turning and then turn again to be able to do another side shift ... and with the analog stick it's ... HARD (in the same turn ...)
    so can you confirm you do this please ?
    2nd question in ubermall or chenghou, do you pause thrust in the chicane or U turn ? i think i heard the reactor noise in ubermall ....

thx ! and keep up the very good work !

ps: problemsolver, dling your vid atm, i'm sure it'll be amazing

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Thanks Arnaud and I am happy that you enjoyed them. Superb that you commented and rated each and every vid. Big Thumbs up!!!

You are welcome chboing. To answer your questions: Yes I am able to sideshift 2 times in the same turn. Airbrakes are located on R1 and L1, when I tried it with R2 and L2, I was not able to do it too! Try to make a little pause between the two sideshifts, if you press too fast after the first sideshift it will only be an airbrake move.

Yes, I sometimes let go of the thrust in the U-turn and the chicane of Chenghou Project and Ubermall. When my line isn't perfect I adjust with decreasing the thrust.

On the reverse ones these turns are far more easy and can be taken full thrust!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ColdRemS

You guys are amazing!
    These vids are fantastic Mad Ice! However, i'm a little disappointed, I will never be able to fly like this, as I play with the internal view. Some of the BRs you make are almost impossible in this config. Or at least much less precise!

Guess I have to train more before I meet you online

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Thanks ColdRem'S, but don't be disappointed! Asa is also flying internal view and he is able to do the same BRs as me! It is really all in practise.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Very cool videos, Matthijs, didn't know youtube had a video quality (and size) update while I was away! Looking forward to the next avalon!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

About Youtube: I noticed this yesterday, I thought something was wrong with Firefox
    Yeah it's a welcome change.

EDIT: It adds 720p support! Upload your videos in 1280x720 resolution and add &fmt=22 at the end of the URL to enjoy in true HD
    Example.
    Last edited by Darkdrium777; 26th November 2008 at 04:52 AM.

PSN ID
    Xtriko, PS3, PSP & Vita

ColdRem's said "Some of the BRs you make are almost impossible in this config."
    man, I really understand what you are saying... I'm also an internal view player. Zico was the worst thing to beat :S those BR's... ouch XD other thing was the zone zeus lol. I couldnt see Sh1t!!! plus I was always nervous :S
    But after watching some of mad ice videos I was able to do some of the BR he did. Like he said, Practice is the answer. Exemple. after the "narrow jump" into the chicane. we can all do the BR. It's simple. but! i can't do it and do the next one after the chicane. If I do the 1st, i can't do the 2nd. If i miss the 1st, i can easly do the 2nd. I need some time to play (wich i don't have now :S). I think I will have a marathon this weekend ehehehe

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Quote Originally Posted by Asayyeah View Post
    ... I really enjoyed those vids like the one from ProblemSolver zone 101 rocks

Thx guys to put your spare time doing this
    Thx. Yes, I've put some effort into that video. You may wonder why you
    can't see the explotion of the craft. Quite unfortunately, the memory was
    full after I had reached zone 101. However, the fade out of the video (the
    heartbeat, the flatline, ...) sums up my feelings at that very moment.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Here is a new vid of the Avalon event of last weekend! Thanks Kanar for hosting again, thumbs up!!

Chenghou Project TT with the most amazing start for all others but me, very funny to see this turbo start. I hope you all will enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4eRbmyTDvM

Greetz Mad-Ice

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Wow, you were not very advantaged at the beginning, mate, wonderfull race

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

On the contrary, I think he was. This lag made it so that he did not get bumped by any of the ships at the start, and ensured him victory because even though the others were appearing ahead of him, they actually were slower because they bumped each other at the start. The lag explains the timing weird stuff with the race times.

As I said on youtube, I like the white flash and blur at the start