Thread: Background downloads paused

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    rejj

Default Background downloads paused

Just thought I'd leave a quick note incase noone else has noticed this yet -

Wipeout HD pauses any background downloads you had going, even if you are only playing the single player modes.

.. a bit silly, really.

Yeah almost all game with an online mode disable the background downloading, in a way i understand it so it wouldn't lag during the online mode but why not allow it during single player.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

Actually, it is pending when you check the XMB because it is accessing your online friends list, etc. It still downloads if you're doing single player stuff. My Resistance 2 beta made progress while I was playing. Not as much as if I wasn't playing, but I noticed a difference.

Timezone
    GMT -5

I noticed this, too. I assumed all hard drive games allowed background downloading, but my only experience with them so far are PixelJunk Monsters, Eden, and Everyday Shooter.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Must be some sort of built in thing to preserve the quality of the online aspect and it's really unnecessary. I first noticed this with HAZE the first thing it would do is establish a network connection and stop my downloads in the process, fair enough if and when I actually want to play online.

Is it possible to start a download then sign out of the PSN and the download will continue? I could swear it is, if so theres your quick fix.