Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Piloting tips for Wipeout HD.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Anulpha pass reverse :

get the normal route and when you approach the 1st difficultie ( hard right curve ) you boost, BR and land before the begining of that narrow section.then at the top of the narrow section ( where's there's 2 BPads in semi diagonale) you hit one of them ( mostly the right one) up your nose and BR get the 3 BP in diagonal and then the last BR and be as close as possible of the inside right on the last curve.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Default Anulpha Pass Reverse

On the hard right curve, I believe you don't have to boost to do a BR.
    Just before this turn, there are three speed pads shaped like this:
    You can hit speed pads 1 & 2, and then turn right to face the bump that allows you to BR.
    I don't know if it's easy to reproduce though, I only managed to do it once...
    This way, you can use your turbo in the straight line just after the second speed pad.
    I have no idea if it's a good strategy though, but it may be easier than using the boost as you suggested, Arnaud.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

Default Anulpha Pass Reverse

Climbing the hill coming out of the narrow section, if you hit the speed pad, at Phantom speed you have the air to complete a BR, then another BR on the dip after the 3 speed pads in a diagonal line. You can nose down off the dip and still BR, meaning you maintain a lower flight path and can hit the 4 speed pads with practice.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Guillaume : Did I said i looooove Ninja Kamikaze technique

Rubix42 : those 4 pads to hit are bitch to sync ( especially if you try to hit the 2nd pad wich is inside the turn and not the one who is parallel on the left : shortest route is always faster but trickier

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Quote Originally Posted by Nadia Elenova View Post
    Other questions: can anyone tell me which is the way to use sideshift properly? And how to do a proper landing? Thanks in advance!
    I almost only use sideshift at the last moment I am coming out of a turn. It gives you just an extra bit of speed when coming out of a turn, especially long sweeping turns which are slowing you down a bit at the end. Sometimes I use them to fly as straight as possible through a chicane.

During a landing try to pitch your ship as straight as possible to the track surface.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Nadia_Elenova

Thanks! I'm going to put that in practice in Chengou.