Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Speed Lap and TT session experiences

Timezone
    GMT + 1

It's good to see my tips are being used, but Arnaud to beat my times with is so bad. You are abusing me mate.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Héhéhé funnily enough it's like Anthony and me in the past : he discovered more than half of the shortcuts of 2097 but lol i only perfected them a bit more

The flow on that track is absolutely brilliant : thx SL

Timezone
    GMT + 12

Well i'm getting through the campaign - have golded everything up until the last stage on Speed Freak - Sol 2 Rapier Time Trial - what a nightmare, a real struggle to get silver. Ive had to skip it and move to stage 7 where Golds are far easier to come by.

Any tips for this stage ?

PSN ID
    AVENGER2197

I may not be an expert at Sol 2 or WO for that matter, but one word(3x)pitch,pitch,pitch. Oh and practice, lots of it. Sol2 along with Sebenco really show that pitch is extremely important in HD.

Try to hug all of Sol's corners as much as you can. Enter each corner from the left wall before the corner and hard airbrake along with pitching your nose up really cuts the time down a whole lot. I don't know what ship your using but give any of the high handling/high thrust ships a shot first.

Hope this helps. Cheers!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    trentdf

Quote Originally Posted by maelgrim View Post
    Well i'm getting through the campaign - have golded everything up until the last stage on Speed Freak - Sol 2 Rapier Time Trial - what a nightmare, a real struggle to get silver. Ive had to skip it and move to stage 7 where Golds are far easier to come by.

Any tips for this stage ?
    1. Make sure your using a handling ship, i kept trying with icarus, and failing. When i switched to assegai, my times dropped.
    2. Side shift like crazy (especially on the second straight/ curve approaching the final hairpin, if you do it right you dont even have to turn [right])
    3. Idk if this is the best place, but i used my boost coming out of the final hairpin.

Timezone
    GMT + 12

Thanks guys i'll give those tips a try.
    I started with Assegai but switched to Icarus for this track and my times improved but still a long way from gold.
    I'll try to get the sideshift happening - its difficult though as I seem to have hardwired myself to airbrake in places where sideshift would be better - I have a bit of unlearning to to.

Pitch wise I am at a bit of a loss.
    I admit I don't use pitch at all as I can never tell how much affect its having plus I find that when I try to pitch down (does it make you go faster ?) I lose control a bit and fly all over the place.

I can do a single lap time that is good enough - doing 4 of them though is just not happening.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

Quote Originally Posted by trentdf View Post
    1. Make sure your using a handling ship, i kept trying with icarus, and failing. When i switched to assegai, my times dropped.
    Quote Originally Posted by maelgrim View Post
    I started with Assegai but switched to Icarus for this track and my times improved
    That right there is one of my favourite things about WO. Different pilots have different styles which suit different craft.
    Totally awesome! 8 )

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

lol task, but if we take a look at the ranking tables, Icaras rules... I'm a Piranha pilot from the beginning, but today I'm breaking my moral contract lol. I spent -again- the night on vineta k (I slept in the hotel near the starting line lol). I've NEVER been able, in xxxxx tries, to approach Mad-Ice Icaras ghost. My best is 18.71, and I think there's more (thrust, handling...) than the search of a perfect racing line (I mean now, after around 3000 laps). Maybe the FX350 officials should investigate on that case... I don't like this Icaras domination. But I'm about to switch to that team...

EDIT : I switched, & after 30 laps I got 18.59. Mad-Ice, your ghost is fantastic!
    Last edited by kanar; 10th November 2008 at 04:03 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Congrats Matt' both for your laptime ( 18.24) and especially the racetime : this below 1.36 is insane

looking forward to your ghosts to be uploaded into Martin's site