Thread: New Teams? there will be some?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

Default New Teams? there will be some?

some days ago i've read an interview of colin a in game site, at this moment do not remenber which one, the interview was around april or so in which he talk about the additional downloadble content planed and he said that wish to do some new tracks together with the pure/pulse ones who are planed for download in future ( if and when we were not allowed to know )

so i think upon that, and i've come with this conclusion,
    WHY NOT A NEW TEAM or 2 for HD?
    since fusion, the games got a lot of ships , in fusion, if i have understand right( i haven't play it yet ) there are like 4 variants of ship for every teams ;
    in pure there are A LOT of ships through download, i know most are pretty garbage but there're many;
    in pulse we have 12 teams, ok but you have to unlock the concept/protos who technically are other 12 different ( in design/ 3d models ) crafts , it raise the number of ships in pure to 24 ( plus you are allowed to use zone )

i think it's quite unfair for such game who is HD to have only these 12 teams-12 crafts and stop...i think SL should consider this, it is really a big wasted opportunity if in future they do not exploit it
    last but not least every new wipeout instament had introduced at least 2 new teams, i know HD isn't exatly new, ok storyline and stuff wise, but what's matter!!??
    programmers can come out with what storyline behind the teams, and reasons, they want...

who think as me?

PSN ID
    AVENGER2197

While I agree with everything you are saying, I would respectfully like to pin my hopes on a Tigron HD, or Van-Uber HD ship first. If I saw that on the PS store, my money would gone from me before I knew what happened.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

indeed! my hopes too are pinned with Tigron and Van-uber first!!!

i hope studio liverpool see that there are many peolple that want these ole' beast back

and with some astonishing design, how only they can do

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Adding extra teams to HD has one major flaw: They have the potential to make the game really, really, really, really unbalanced.

I'm sure SL could make them perform in a traditional manner (Tigron being a slow-accelerating heavyweight, Van-Uber being a nimble ship with poor speed and shield) without being too unbalanced, but I'd rather have a couple of new tracks first before new teams.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

WHAT,why unbalanced? look at the combination SL have done, in the game there is the assegai-harimau example who can speak for itself...

sure that tigron will enter in the heavyweight category and van uber in the agile-nimble category: if you notice for exemple we have the auricom whose stats are: Sp-9 ; Th-7 ; Ha-6 ; Sh-9 and or triakis : Sp-9 ; Th-6 ; Ha-6 ; Sh-10

Tigron would be Sp-9 ; Th-6 ; Ha-7 ; Sh-9 , simple an auricom that exchange a point in thrust for a point in handling, like an auricom who drive slightly better and get less thrust, WHAT'S UNBALACED IN THIS????

we already have the triakis-piranha example- who are similar but exchange one point in one stats each

for Van uber would be similar story, in-between feisar-ag sys-assegai

the possible balanced combination of the 4 stats do not end in 12 at all

the only ONE MAJOR FLAW is to have only these 12...
    Last edited by Lance; 10th November 2008 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Quotation removed! Do not quote an entire post right before your own. READ THE GUIDELINES.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Having a Tigron without a maxed-out shield goes against the whole credo of a team that builds ships specifically designed for being high-speed battering rams. And it'd be terribly slow as an 8-6-7-10 ship - a lower top speed than the dreadfully slow Triakis! To compensate, they would need an extra point that Auricom, Piranha, and Triakis - the other heavy class ships - don't have. And that would be "IMBALACED".

(Though a 7-9-9-7 Van-Uber... that could actually work well...)

I have to agree with RJO. I don`t really see any priority for new teams, and wouldn`t want to risk the amazing ship balance in HD, which is even better than Pulse. Just one extra notch on some stats would make a super ship that everyone would choose, whereas at the moment you see really varied grids online and in TT, which is perfect. Some pretty new skins would be ok, but we already have a rocket with balsa-wood shields and a tank with speed issues, and everything in between.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

first of all , what's matter if tigron should be in without the max shield, wtf a 9 isn't bad at all, ain't? and for me triakis should retain this primacy, philosophy of tigron would be to build battering ram crafts,ok, triakis philophy is to build things for make wars first, and even do partnership with other teams for develop better shielding systems ( assegai ) , so i plain to see what's know better how to build a ship with a solid 10 in the defensive sector...

second, due to this, ag sys should have a shield of 7 or 6 'cause traditionally its shield were ever so weak, and now instead get a good regular shield, or assegai should have a max in handling just cause its philophy was ever to build the max nimble cabable craft, and now has " only a 9 " , note that other stats more or less was the same in w3o ( and still retain a weak shield ) ,and in pure for nothing , this means.. things change

its only question of how you want to balace all togheter, but don't tell me that it can't be done, 'cause with all my respect it's asburd, then we don't even had see ag sys or harimau again according to this...

and in the end if you have so fear of turning your balanced game into an unbalanced you simply don't purchase the other ships packs, simple ain't?
    there's around people who sincerelly don't give a f++k of the perfect balance beetween ships and would prefer to race with more ships, or simple want to see some of his favourite old beasts in great ps3 graphics glory

maybe around there isn't only ag sys , assegai or piranha fans, perhaps there some tigron and van uber fans...isn't

it's not mandatory, you don't want it you don't buy it

but some people would be very happy to have it and would be happy to pay for it, This would just make everybody happy
    SL happy, Van uber-Tigron fans happy, Simply more ships fans happy, The ones who don't give a f++k and don't buy it for risk to ruin balanced game happy

everybody wins

p.s. van uber 7-9-9-7 is good, can work, i have think up other combo like 7-9-10-6 bit more extreme, or 7-8-10-7

ahh still forget this, i think if you turn the weapons off and if you can race quite on average you have already a supership in HD...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

I don't trust the stats myself ( old habit already existing when Pure get released years ago)
    and i find Icaras almost close to be the supership from HD : why ? due to its low handling , he is not loosing too much speed when you try to correct his line by small touch on the directional dpad ( or analogue), a twitchy ship with high handling will turn too quickly and as a result of loosing speed.
    It's all a matter of anticipation, imnhsfo

Very true about the stats, Arnaud. We know very well that the stats were not everything in Pure - only an indication of how good a ship is. In HD, Assegai and AGS have the same handling stat, but you couldn`t say their handling is anything like the same.

Great thought about the handling stat in HD too and keeping speed up. When I`ve got my racing lines programmed in my head I will probably switch to a low handling ship, most likely Goteki so I can be first to the first weapon pad.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

1st on weapon pad can be possible even with a low thrust ship : if you press exactly at the best point you can really gain few meters on the grid compare to a normal start.
    Risk is high though to mistart the race