Thread: Spectator Mode?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    zerojay

Default Spectator Mode?

Maybe I'm just thick... but I haven't seen any sort of spectator options in the game yet, but just a few days ago, I was in a match with a few people and someone seemed to be having internet problems. The race was quite laggy and getting back to the lobby took a long while.

Then I noticed something really quick that I've never seen before, but just for a second. Not enough for it to register to my brain. I thought nothing of it and waited a while for the next tournament to continue. Once again, connection issues but when I returned to the lobby, I saw a Spectate option sitting down at the navigation bar at the bottom of the screen. I don't remember seeing it before... and I haven't seen it since. It didn't appear to actually work either.

I was able to take this picture of it though.

Perhaps a feature we'll be seeing in a future update unless I'm just dumb and haven't noticed it all this time. Clickthrough for a larger size.

My Big Giant Picture

Any ideas?
    Last edited by infoxicated; 14th October 2008 at 07:24 PM. Reason: image too large - read the guidelines.

PSN ID
    DrTrouserPlank

same thing happened to me.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

I seem to remember seeing some specifications for the game a while before it was released it said things about online eliminator and some sort of team racing mode, guess some stuff just doesn't make the final cut for whatever reasons.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Klax75

Yeah, I've seen it too. I wish there was a spectator mode, then we could join rooms already in progress to wait and watch for the race to end before we can hit the track. So many times I've hit to join a group, and then I get a error saying the race has already started. This would still let me join and be in spectator mode as a option until they are finished.

PSN ID
    love9sick

I saw that once and was like "huh?" I clicked square but nothing happened.

Timezone
    GMT -5

I've seen it a bunch of times, always after a game has just finished. I've never pressed square, though, out of fear that it would crash the room.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Wip3ou7pure

I have also personally witnessed the spectator option appear, what a cock tease.

PSN ID
    sakerbax

that would be awsome for fight photos, then again since you can't pause the race that might have some sync issues,,

Timezone
    GMT -5

well, sony is apparently implementing a "print screen" feature in the next PS3 firmware update. it obviously wouldn't have the scale of creative freedom that the photo mode does, but i'm sure you'd be able to take screen captures of other people racing with it.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    zerojay

Only if SL implements it in Wipeout, which they probably won't since they have photo mode, so...

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Yeah it works on a game by game basis, which is kind of crap. Sony need to take a lesson in standardization.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Perhaps if Microsoft hadn't patented everything that is cross-game in the US Sony could do it.
    But they can't. Go for Microsoft!! :-

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TheFrostE

ahhh i remember talking about this back earlier this year, "what we would want for features in HD" and i said a spectator mode. id love to see it implemented

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

Lightbulb Spectator mode ?

The last week, I did an online race with one opponent, and he was disconnected, and on my screen, I viewed "[] mode spectateur" ([] is square touch) like you see "[] record friends" at the end of the races!

this spectator thing is becoming a nuissance. yesterday it froze up the game, on the loading online race, and I couldn't get out so I had to quit the game with 7 guys ready to race. Although I did get to play arnaud after that. This has happened a few times so far