Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Metropia - Speed Lap - Phantom

PSN ID
    alteregorr

Hi All

A little resume of track/BR/turbo in every class it's a must.....

I Start with

Vineta K all classes: 3 brs a lap and turbo in the exit of the last tunnel.
    Moa Therma normal and reverse all classes: 1 br in the same point in the last/first bend after/before the ondulated straight, turbo in 'normal' way, on the ondulated mag lock, in reverse after the tunnel on the mag lock.
    Ubermall normal: it vary a lot with classes, but at least 2br a lap and turbo on the little hill.
    Sebenco normal:it vary a lot with classes, i test 6 br a lap in flash and rapier, turbo after the hill before the tunnel, or in the tunnel to direction of exit with nose down.

I think there are a lot of variations inside the numbers that i write, but I think, with my very low pilot skills, they are possible for everyone.

Read You Soon
    CdRom

Quote Originally Posted by lunar View Post
    Metropia Reverse was love at first flight for me too. The most enjoyable track in HD, and it really gives me some 2097 feelings - especially on the turn right and drop where you do the first BR. In a way the BR spoils the 1990`s feeling there and I just want to enjoy that spectacular moment, but that`s HD and no point crying about it
    Sometimes, just to get that feeling, you can forget the racetime and just not do the barrel roll. Just feel the beauty of the flight.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Flashback_Jack

Quote Originally Posted by alterego View Post
    Ubermall normal: it vary a lot with classes, but at least 2br a lap and turbo on
    There's a barrel roll just after the start/finish line on Ubermall Reverse. Pitch up for it when you head into the downhill camber leading to the tunnel.

Quote Originally Posted by The Muse View Post
    ..but on Rapier (Metropia Reverse) I use the same barrel roll as Asa. Taking the turn while turboing is hard..
    The key is to stay as low as possible during flight. This worked for Pulse's Metropia Black and it works very well in HD. Staying low will make the hard right more manageable, even if you have to brake hard for it.

- F
    Last edited by Flashback Jack; 14th October 2008 at 05:18 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Quote Originally Posted by love9sick View Post
    I am kind of disappointed with how much this game relies on Barrel rolls. There were races in the Hard Rush+ that in order to get a gold you needed to do more than one barrel roll each lap on time trials. I'm not big on BRs as much as I am on just taking a nice smooth line through out the entire lap. Still my favorite Wipeout though.
    As an almost complete noob on the wipeout series I was initially havin the same problem as you. But after some long nights with chestpain, sour eyes and repeated kicks to the living-room table, I finally completed the game with shiny gold in every grid. And this without more than one BR per map. But it aint easy, i'll give you that. Don't know if someone has more specific information on wich stages that actually can be completed without BR and still getting the gold.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Moa Therma comes to mind as the one you don't have to do any BRs on to beat. Anulpha Pass too, although I still recommend it if you're on Elite.

PSN ID
    rushinmonkey

sol2 also, have never done a BR there.. in all honesty i have one TT at silver in the campaign but i am .32s outside gold time and scraped a few walls so it is possible

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    drenath

The trick I've utillized thus far to get golds in Speed Lap is to save my turbo for a full lap and hit it at the last possible moment, effectively getting two turbos for one extra-fast lap.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    rejj

I had a quick session yesterday to improve my Venom speed lap time on Metropia, and instead of dropping the turbo where Arnaud suggested I'm dropping it on the corner that leads in to the last straight (that ends in the hairpin).

If done correctly, you can get enough air for a BR, and land it on the double speed pad.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

great spot , i tested it in phantom but lol tooo risky ! immediate respawn but who knows in future ?