Thread: Metropia - Speed Lap - Phantom

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    rejj

Default Metropia - Speed Lap - Phantom

How many BRs (ugh) are you guys doing on Metropia in Phantom? I just managed to come 24th on the boards with what I thought was a fairly sloppy lap (only hit 7 speed pads, and hit a wall or two) doing zero BRs. That was a 21.31

I'm hoping that just maybe this will be a track that utilises minimal BRs.

I'm enjoying the game, but like the two PSP games before it the BRs are hugely annoying. If Pure and Pulse were any indication of what HD will be like, Speed Lap degenerates into a "who can do the most BRs?" competition.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Long time no talk to you Rejj
    Here's my 2 cents about Metropia ( note that i am not the leader on that one and top pilots may have a different turbo strategie than mine)
    I only do 1 BR did with turbo : you got the starting line, pass the mini chicane and when you are straight you throw it when you start climbing the hill , pitch up to get enough air and do a BR for the rest of the track it's all a matter of sideshift and taking the shortest route ( line)

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    rejj

Heh yeah, it has been a while.
    I had to stop playing Pulse because I only have an original fat PSP, and playing the game was causing fairly severe cramping and general soreness

The dualshock 3 is much nicer (and lighter than a PSP!) to hold, so I can actually play HD I think...

That's a fairly ballsy place to drop the turbo, if I understand you correctly. There's a fairly sharp corner at the top of that hill.

I've just been using mine on the small straight before the last sweeping right-hander at the end of the lap. I'll try out your suggestion, but I can just see it ending in a lot of smashing into the wall for me..

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

try to launch your turbo few inches before the start of the climb, that can help you to handle extra speed before that 90° left ( a good timing and a sideshift may help you too)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

I usually do the turbo pretty late, then sideshift and take the BR boost into the short straight after the turn. I wonder if that's actually slower than getting an early boost and another one BEFORE the first right...

Ben

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Ah.

And here's me thinking that Metropia was a BR free zone.

That's another track off my favourites list, then.