Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How to troubleshoot and fix online problems

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

I don't really understand what I'm doing wrong, but the fix you gave cannot work for me.

I started the game under a unregistred account, but when trying to go in online mode, the game only says that I have to be registered on Playstation Network ... end of discution.

I retryed with my main account which was expriencing the "connecting ..." problem, but it wasn't solved ... u____u

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

How long have you been having problems Sch@dows?
    The inability to connect seems to hit different regions sporadically.
    I'll get it for around a week, then I'll try something like I posted before and it will suddenly fix itself.
    Have you tried changing servers by pressing square? [I suppose you can't as you need to get to the online boards first]

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

I haven't played online for quite some time now. I tried several time today since this morning (9hour ago), but still won't go to the online board.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

The PSN in Europe has been down for maintenance today, so nobody has been getting online.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

EDIT : Indeed, I finally found what you were talking about. A maintenance was schedule yesterday between 4:00AM and 9:30AM GMT for SCEE games only. I suppose a problem occured since I could connect even in the afternoon.
    I successfully connected to the PSN yesterday in the morning, and even bough some game on the PS Store, just before trying to play WipEout online.
    But, since I couldn't play WipEout with my friend, we finally decided after lunch to play another game together (Resident Evil 5) which we did for half the afternoon.
    Last edited by Sch@dows; 7th August 2011 at 10:43 AM.

Has anyone had problems with WipEout HD since the new firmware upgrade? I can't get the game to start. It'll display the normal "Sony Computer Entertainment" screen, then it just hangs. The PS3 hasn't crashed, as I can still get back to the XMB, but the game just won't start.

This has only occurred since the firmware update and no other games seem affected.

Anyone else having problems?

PSN ID
    novide

morfeo 378 has also problems since the new FW-update. he can not play online... any solutions?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Save game save data to a USB stick, and any ghosts etc, lot's of little files that wouldn't total 1mb.
    Delete that data from console, delete game from console.
    Go to PSTORE, download history, re- download game, start game, try go to connect online to get update.
    If it works then all good.
    Re-install game save data & ghosts.

BUT.

I'm not entirely sure that anybody is able to connect to the online boards straight away with a brand new HD/FURY download, without first winning at least one campaign grid medal.
    You might have to do this first before you have access to online, then you will know if the problem is fixed.

is that the 3.70 firmware ?

I had problems withthat too. i couldent open any psn messages without the console freezing, or access the store or play games online. also people on my friends list didnt appear

to solve it i did the database rebuild thing ( howto posted by blackwiggle a while ago) and i haven't had an issue since.

How to thread here

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

I think sinus1's profile's been completely knackered by the 3.7 update, it seems he had to re-install the game too. In fact I was going to ask if anyone knew his new account name.

PSN ID
    R3BU5ER

I think he can choose 1 out of his 20 other accounts lol..

Am I the only one who didn't experience any trouble at all since this update?

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

I've not had any problems either R3, although I was away between Thursday and yesterday.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

I tried to play online right after seeing s0mmieUK's message, and didn't experience any trouble with 3.7.

PSN ID
    morfeo378

think I've solved the problem is that the PS3 had tilted, and the solution has been put right, I guess it will be a problem with the network cable, thanks for warning novide
    greetings

My issue was resolved by deleting HD/Fury completely and redownloading and reinstalling it. Took a while, but things seem to be running smoothly again now.

Timezone
    GMT -5

I've tried anything I could find to try to connect but I continually get the network error. Has anyone figured out anything new?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I was going to suggest changing servers, but since you can't get to the online board that option is not available to you.
    Only thing I could suggest is to save the WOHD saved game data to a USB stick, then delete everything, including the game, then go to download history at the PStore and re download/ install the game
    Try connecting online before reinstalling the game save data.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Thanks for the help, but I did just try downloading it again, without fury, and I get the same problem. I am planning to get a new PS3 (not for this reason) this week so I hope that will finally solve this problem.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Archon473

My game has been crashing an awful lot lately. It's been happening most often during online races, though it happened twice during offline races in the past two weeks. My screen freezes, but the music continues playing uninterrupted. Holding Start or the PSN Home button does nothing. I have to press my PS3's power button to hard reset it; even then, it beeps three times and shuts down (as it does whenever the console freezes in any game).

I do not know if this is due to playing on Fury tracks (it crashed on Talon's Junction twice over the last four days). I don't know if this is due to playing 8-man races online with us all firing weapons at each other. WOHD is the only game that has been freezing my PS3; it is also my only downloaded/disc-less game. All of my disc-based games run for hours just fine. Could the hard drive get too hot from extended play and decide, "I'm not trying to load this anymore?"

EDIT: Happened again just minutes ago. Three man race in Modesto Heights. I'm on the 4th lap when I hear "Contender Eliminated" and my game freezes. One of the two guys in front of me exploded and so did my Playstation. This is getting old!
    Last edited by Archon; 17th November 2011 at 05:16 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 2

Experienced several crashes today playing online, and I apologize. I don't know what caused it, my net worked fine on pc though.