Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How to troubleshoot and fix online problems

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    0joe0fran0

I would say once or twice a day during a 4hr period of playing.

If I recall all I did was race. I think maybe the only thing noticeable is when someone hits my ship with a rocket or bomb or whatever weapon. Sometimes this sorta thing happens sometimes it just happens out of no where.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Are you looking back using the rear view at the time at all? There was a bug where the game would freeze when you look back. I'm not sure of the details as it was supposedly fixed before I knew anything about it. However, I did experience a freeze on a couple of occasions, after it was supposed to have been fixed, where I looked back at the end of the race as a quake was simultaneously approaching. That's the only thing I can think of right now though, which may not be of any use. People here have experienced all kinds of bugs and freezes along the way since the game's release, so hopefully you will get some more suggestions.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    0joe0fran0

Yes I always do that. So that's why it freezes.

----

I forgot to say this, but during Eliminator while spectating other vehicles I scroll to certain vehicles where they are in idle mode when I presume they're actually moving; I tried pressing L1 or R1 to scroll to another vehicle, but it won't let me till that vehicle gets destroyed.
    Last edited by Lance; 10th January 2010 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Redundant quotation eliminated. Read the WZ guidelines in the announcements section.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sylware

Default network performance

Hi,
    Is there a "network mode" in order to check lantency against the server and other things?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Only in the PS3 settings > check network settings,you have to quit any game to check it.
    I can't remember if it checks latency,best to get on to a internet speed test that will show it, use the PS3 web browser to do that

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sylware

Default lantency measurment...

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    Only in the PS3 settings > check network settings,you have to quit any game to check it.
    I can't remember if it checks latency,best to get on to a internet speed test that will show it, use the PS3 web browser to do that
    Unfortunately... it does not. It has to be done based on wipeout HD/Fury servers/clients. I suspect issues with my ISP, or worst: peering issues between my ISP and the network where the servers are.
    I bet they have such measurements mode built in. To give user access to such mode would help them to troubleshoot latency issues with their ISP.

PSN ID
    Whizawk

Default WipEout HD Fury

Hello, I can't seem to get online - it just stays at the 'connecting' box on the menu screen. I left it for around a couple of hours but it still had the 'connecting' box up on the menu screen, and it refused to let me on.

I can get online with other games, it's just Wipeout HD Fury that seems to be the problem. The problem just happened today for some unusual reason as I was racing perfect yesterday.

If it helps...My NAT type varies between 1 & 2, but I don't know how often. The router I use has 7 built-in antennas so that if one fails it would scan through the other 6 for a clear connection. (I have this expensive router because there are a lot of appliances in the house that run on wireless)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

WipEout HD and Pulse servers, amongst other games, are down for maintenance. I can't remember until what time, something like 9 PM tonight.

PSN ID
    Whizawk

Ah, I thought it was my end...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    BHK3

When I try to play online it says "An error occurred while updating the game. Please try again" Ive test my connection and deleted/reinstalled the game and nothing!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Have you only got HD recently and this the first time you have tried to play online?
    Or have you had played online before and this problem has only just started ?

And are you sure that the error massage is saying exactly .
    QUOTE:"An error occurred while updating the game. Please try again"
    OR
    is it saying "An error occurred while trying to connect.Please try again"

Because the two problems are very different.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    BHK3

I've had the game since it's release, same with Fury when that came out too. I just recently had this problem.

When I click on online and it begins to connect, I get an error saing exactly:

"An error occurred while updating the game.
    Please try again."

I haven't done anything with my connection recently that could have caused this problem. I've deleted and reinstalled the game twice and nothing changed.
    Last edited by SaturnReturn; 21st April 2010 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Deleted unnecessary quote.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Doesn't seem like a internet/modem problem.

If you have deleted and reinstalled the game while keeping the old Wipeout saved game data on your PS3,It could be your saved game data is corrupted.

Try backing all your Wipeout saved game data on to a removable HD or USB stick first, then delete it from your PS3.
    Now see if you can connect without that error message.
    If you still get the message try using another user account or create one and repeat.
    If still no joy , make sure no wipeout game saved data is on your PS3, delete wipeout/fury and do a fresh install again, try to connect to online straight away to see if game updates to latest version.

If it works after this, then it's a pretty good chance it's corrupted data that was the cause of the problem.
    You can try to reinstall the GSD after you got it connecting back online from the USB or removable HD and see if it works, but you might find yourself back at square one again.

Anyway try the above a report back.

The only other thing I could think it could be is that if you are USA or Europe based , there is a possibility that the in-game Ad's that you suffer were/are going to change, and it's that what is not updating, not the game itself.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    BiLwiS

hello, just did the sony 3.30.0 update. and have backed up and deleted my saves a few times, with 00.00 change. doing a reinstall wont work because the game works fine if i go in through my roommates japanese psn guest account. so its not corrupted. it all has to be the bad psn name bug, i just need "BiLwiS" reset/fixed at the home base, http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/sho...d.php?p=171373 mess# 356 (i do hate typing from the ps3)

i have never had a successful log on online with wipeout hd, i did just get the game, and the message from wipeout hd is without question "network error occurred while updating the game please try again".
    Last edited by SaturnReturn; 22nd April 2010 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Merged consecutive posts by same user.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I'll just wait till JACK [post above you] reports back if he had any sucess.

Whatever it is going on it has only just started happening and it would seem that it is only happening to people in the USA.

BiLwiS you have a PM.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 22nd April 2010 at 05:59 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    BiLwiS

Default ok, thank you, test..?

thank you, would you mind sending me a psn friend invite to "BiLwiS" you can unfriend me later if you wish, i just would like to try to trick wipeout into letting me see if i can see any data on the in game wipeout community page which seems different yet still connected to the whole on line wipeout universe...as well as race stats, silly game does let me see global standings, for my off line play. either or, again thank you.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I can't ATM as my PS3 is in for repairs ,not expected to get it back for another 2 weeks.
    I'm sure one of the other zone members will help you out, best if you post a introduction in the Pilots Lounge area of the wipeoutzone, explain your situation & request in the same post.

PSN ID
    daktau

Default Race Times Online

I would like some feedback on this. I've been playing online and have noticed that the times given for people I'm racing against do not match what I've witnessed whilst racing.
    For example if I pass someone that I've been trailing for ages and just nick in to win it on the finish line or indeed if someone just manages to pass me to win out the 2 of us then the times for the race should be reflective of this.....but they are not. Up to 5 seconds is the difference shown in the race times where as on the track it was a split second.

Is this lag? Or a lousy underdeveloped online environment? Or is it just me??

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Massive lag. End of race times are accurate, what you see on the track very often isn't.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Default "an error occurred while contacting the server" - HELP

Getting the dreaded "an error occurred while contacting the server" error.

I can connect and play online with any other game.... but I only want to play this one, naturally

I have been successful in playing online in Wipeout, this only started in the last week.

My PS3 is using NAT type 2.

PSN ID: akira_2_5_0_1 .

Tried another PSN ID- same thing.

Tried the log out, launch app and auto-sign in fix.... nothing.

Set IP address to static.
    Per PSKC article opened these ports on my router:TCP Ports: 80, 443, 5223, and 10070 - 10080 UDP Ports: 3478, 3479, 3658, and 10070. No dice.

Been offline, for just this game, 5 days now.

Disabled Media Server - no change.

Router is linksys WRT54G, however when I bypass the router and run an ethernet line from my modem to the PS3 with easy automatic settings I sign into PSN, but error out when I try to play Wipeout HD online, same as wired or wireless to the router.

Tried setting my PS3 IP as DMZ host on my router. No go.

Also, deleted game, reinstalled wipeout HD and unlock key (No Fury add on yet). Launched game, game automatically installed its update. Went to "online" and.... SAME THING.

Network is up per one of my friends. Oddly, If I receive an invite from a friend they show in the live game data feed at the bottom of the screen. I can see their name, and their current status/track, and also in the "community" list but if I try to connect to them I am booted back to main menu.

Any help greatly appreciated!!