Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: How to troubleshoot and fix online problems

PSN ID
    traksta1

For some 6 months now I have had problems with online connectivity and am unable, mostly, to connect to individuals in a lobby. The game, mostly, seems to connect to Wohd server well enough but 9 of 10 times will fail to connect to a game. I have tried all of the many ways we all know and love to get things to work, deleting game, redownloading it, etc, etc etc. In my minds eye I have an image of a decrepit becobwebbed server, unloved and unattended in a shed somewhere in the Mojave desert struggling manfully to plug me into someones game and failing to find the socket. This is my last ditch effort to save this, my very favourite game ever ever from uselessness. Is there anyone anywhere I can talk to that may throw light onto why the game has suddenly found it difficult to make these connections and better still, could make suggestions as to how to make the server connection more robust. Pretty certain the problems are not at my end. NAT2 by the way, same as ever. No prob with any other game.
    Last edited by traksta1; 3rd March 2013 at 10:53 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Well if you have come back again ......?

I think it might be a corrupted game save.

Save all your game save data to a USB stick, this includes all your Ghost SL &TT saves [If you want to] ...you can fit it all on a 500mb USB stick.
    Same goes for all you other games [multiple USB drives]

Then checkout this link.
    http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/tr...ter-speed.html
    Do what's recommended ...then report back if you are still suffering problems

PSN ID
    traksta1

First of all, thanks for response blackwiggle.

Did as recommended, sadly, no difference. Screen hangs at "connecting" after trying to enter an online race then after several minutes says words to the effect "server error, host has left game or too many players", then, "retry or return to main menu" rinse and repeat ad nauseum. This is a "new" problem that I cannot see is connected to any changes made at my end unless the Virgin Superdud, which is the only alteration to my system in recent months is not as efficient at finding addresses as the previous modem/router thingy. Not technically minded, its just a feeling I get that I'm making a call that the server is hard pushed to find a number for and then gives up, if you get my drift. There is no pattern to when it will connect to a game or the much more likely event that it won't. It all seems a bit fussy about who it connects me with now. Odd.
    Last edited by traksta1; 3rd March 2013 at 10:51 AM.

PSN ID
    For PS4 PRO IxNOCTURNUSxXI

Hey guys! I don't know if any of you guys have had this yet but every time when I race on sebenco climb my console decides to crash and now it seems to be happening with tracks like ubermall also, it only happens when I am racing online. Kinda sucks to be honest :/

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

tried reinstalling yet?
    it's know that wipeout tends to crash from time to time, but it's usually random, so if you say it keeps happening on sebenco, there might be sth wrong =/

Cipher

PSN ID
    For PS4 PRO IxNOCTURNUSxXI

Yeah i'll give it a try mate and hopefully the problem should be sorted, thanks man