Interesting thread, and quite timely (for me at least) as i don't have a PS3 yet. Like Flash, i would primarily be getting a PS3 just for Wipeout (and maybe Fatal Inertia). As it's quite a hefty outlay for the PS3, i'm trying to glean all the info on the game that i can.

I'm thinking of delaying my purchase of a PS3 (Which i'm only really getting for Wipeout & perhaps Fatal Inertia) and instead getting a Slim PSP so i can use the Comp cable & play Pulse (& Pure?) on a larger screen. It's a lot cheaper than the PS3, i already have the games that i'm playing on my normal PSP and because i'm not that great a pilot yet (I can now cope with Rapier pretty well) i still have much to do with both Pulse & Pure.

Flash, you mentioned the whole screen thing with Pulse, when you plugged the PSP into the TV? I've never seen one running yet so have no idea of the graphics etc. Does it still look as good (albeit larger of course) on a bigger screen? I know it's not going to compare with HD at all, but if it's reasonably good, and still very playable and great fun, then i think this may well be the route for me.

Also, having come into the whole Wipeout scene at Pure (As Frances did also IIRC) i don't have the experience of the older games for comparison. I have tried a few, and found them to be pretty mushy and nowhere near as much fun or graphically exciting as both Pure & Pulse.

I really like both Pure & Pulse, for different reasons, and i'm only just beginning to be able to cope with Rapier in Pure, so that shows how far behind i am in Pilot skill etc. Phantom in both Pure & Pulse is a complete "No No" for me as i just end up either slamming into walls and/or running out of shield too early & blowing up!