Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1.10 Update !

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

i have already 48 friends and many other in the 'waiting-list' ( i never crossed 50, never experimenting any kind of slowdown or lag or else online ) but tonight after downloading the patch after few races i have major slowdowns each time finishing a race : i have the upper left corner ( displaying the select ship etc...) completely gray during 15/30 sec or longer ( max was 1 min ) i can't leave the area by 'O' , no slowdowns while racing but that weird bug after finishing an online SR.

Does that happend due to that update and do I need to make a new save and delete my current one ???

That doesn`t sound like a thing that would be caused by a corrupt game save, but I know nothing.

Great to see the tournament points bug worked on, thanks SL.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

If this was deployed 9:30pm AEST 11/10/08 then great job you delayed the AUS vs. NZ wipeout tournament We were all booted out around then, just when it was scheduled to start.
    It did go ahead 30 mins after though.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Welcome SpoolnBad

Also, I am happy to report that the tournament point bug has not been solved, at all. After a seven race tournament with eight people, five leaving gradually throughout the tournament (Because I was so good ), I still lost the tournament 43 to 49, after finishing first on all seven tracks. Fun. :-

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Squallie

Ok these corrupted savefiles sucks big time. How do I know if I have to delete my profile? Can I get problems later on?

If I need to delete the save I want to do it as soon as possible, but I rather dont do it at all heh.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Wip3ou7pure

If you update an everything runs fine, than youre fine. If you still have the problem where you freeze and such THEN you will need to delete your save game.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Quote Originally Posted by Crob View Post
    If your profile is corrupt there's only one way to fix it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sausehuhn View Post
    And I say: Backup!
    I don't think there is, but CAN you actually backup your profile data? I know it's not strictly patch related, but still good to know considering...

Ben

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I had a corrupted profile, so what I did is, I backed it up to usb-stick, then deleted it from the PS3. Then I started wipEout HD, downloaded the patch, saved. Quit the game again, returned to the xmb, deleted the new profile, copied my old profile back from the usb-stick, started the game again. Tadaaa! Corruption gone!

Good work, eL. Someone with an account should post this on NeoGAF and other forums where there are people talking about the game.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Boogalogist

Nice find, eL!!

Although I don't have this problem...your solution will help TONS of people out there who are affected!!

The solution should be STICKIED!!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I can not guarantee it really works, though. Will have to wait and see if the bug pops up on my profile again, but so far it hasn't.

PSN ID
    Axellink

Quote Originally Posted by Asayyeah View Post
    i have already 48 friends and many other in the 'waiting-list' ( i never crossed 50, never experimenting any kind of slowdown or lag or else online ) but tonight after downloading the patch after few races i have major slowdowns each time finishing a race : i have the upper left corner ( displaying the select ship etc...) completely gray during 15/30 sec or longer ( max was 1 min ) i can't leave the area by 'O' , no slowdowns while racing but that weird bug after finishing an online SR.

Does that happened due to that update and do I need to make a new save and delete my current one ???
    I can confirm the above problem. Really annoying that, and it only started happening after the update . the only good thing is that you don't have to wait long for the problem to sort itself out.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

yeah that's true Axel it's not too long to wait and i must add that hasn't happened every time last night.

El : you said that you knew your profile was corrupted and then after backup & delete save from ps3, you Dl the patch

My question is if i am doing that will i have the patch viewable again to be Dl ( cause i already DL it the 1st time i connected ps3 on friday) or do you think that kind of 'grey problem' Axel & I had comes from massive numbers of players online at that particular moment?

Could be cool to know exactly how many pilots are connected at the same time : maybe that can be due to high traffic?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

Quote Originally Posted by Frances_Penfold View Post
    Methings I will wait to implement any patches that come down the pike, at least until I better understand how back-up and stuff works on the PS3...
    So much for that idea

The game basically forced me to do the patch install to log-in and go-online. I suppose that makes sense because you Sony wants all of the gamers online to be running the same software version.

Anyway, I did the install, no problems, no glitches, game feels the same as before, at least so far.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

I had no problems online tonight playing : it's running fine and i added more than 50 friends so everything is fine : thx SL

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    oggob

Quote Originally Posted by Asayyeah View Post
    El : you said that you knew your profile was corrupted and then after backup & delete save from ps3, you Dl the patch

My question is if i am doing that will i have the patch viewable again to be Dl ( cause i already DL it the 1st time i connected ps3 on friday)
    or do you think that kind of 'grey problem' Axel & I had comes from massive numbers of players online at that particular moment?
    I'm only going to answer the bolded part...

Further to what eLhabib has spoken about, I will generalise it to the PS3 overall...

Every PS3 Disc game has 2 parts to it...

1) Save Data
    2) Game Data

Save Data
    This will be everything that relates to you actually playing the game, progression to 100%, unlocking things, etc...

Now, you can backup your Save Data to any USB or external device, by going into Save Data Utility, finding the file in question and hitting Triangle > Copy and then it's destination.

Game Data
    This will be Expansions, Patches, etc...

Going into Game Data Utility, you can select the file and see the Size, Version, etc...

These can't be backed-up like above (but a System Backup will), and hopefully with a new firmware in the future we can see further details, because at the moment for eg: Download Warhawk Expansions

All 3 expansions have been downloaded on my console and it shows as one file @ 1270MB, version 1.50...

So if I was to delete this, I would have to download the entire 3 expansions again... HOPEFULLY new firmware will allow me to see each expansion as an individual, it would be better, if I wanted to remove only 1 of the expansions, etc...

So the theory is that you would save your Save Data, delete the Game Data, re-install the Save Data and then boot the game.

Most Recent Example : Burnout Paradise
    Trophies were not retroactive, so whilst some of the trophies were obtainable with a current save, not all were... for those that did put alot of time into the game to get 100%, 101% or 102% (I'm still working on this one, only 100+ online challenges to go, lol) deleting to start again, isn't very nice...

So, pretty much everyone I know backed up their save, and started again, grinded to get the all the trophies, and then re-installed their original save... no problems, all records remained.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOWEVER, PSN titles are not included...

So any patches, expansions with these games seem to install into the original file (theoretically hidden), or from what I've seen with a couple of games (Super Stardust HD, Blast Factor), the expansion that you are downloading is actually a newer version of the whole game.

There is nothing within the Game Data Utility for these titles, so if someone was to believe that the patch downloaded was corrupt, or didn't install correctly, the only current option would be to delete the whole game and then re-download from the PSN Store once again... (very bandwidth unfriendly)

And then you will have to patch the game, unless of course the patch has already been applied/added to the store version...

Hopefully, this clears up what can and can't be done for a few people...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Thx a lot Brett for those crystal clear explanations : very much appreciated here.

PSN ID
    love9sick

Quote Originally Posted by Crob View Post
    includes other fixes as well including improved music playback when using 3rd-party user installed hard drives.
    This was what I was wondering about and didn't understand.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

sorry if maybe i ask something already argued , i haven't read entire thread

just to get out of confusion , i have play the game since day one without any access to PSN afterwards, i have zero friend at the moment , cause sadly i had problems with my internet provider and at the moment i cannot access PSN races
    my games hasn't had any glitch and runs fine without any problem

what i should do then?

when i will get back my adsl, for race on internet i must download the patch anyway?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

You ll have to DL it anyway, you ll accept it when game is launching ( at least when you ll have your internet access ready to go) cause at my knowledge ( correct me tec-pilots if i am wrong) you can't 'avoid' that patch.
    Nothing wrong with it : if your game was running well you gonna play your precious game without a problem