Thread: Sales

PSN ID
    rushinmonkey

Default Sales

it's probably doubtful we would get told here, but having applied a cunning test i think about 140k so far*

That seems good right?

* ok not so cunning; working on the assumption that almost everyone will be signed into psn when playing as its d/l only. vineta k, single race, venon class is something that almost everyone** will have a time for, just look in the global leaderboards

** some people will have more than one psn id so i have knocked off 4k

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

140k is pretty awesome for a downloadable title! AFAIK, Braid on xbox live, which was hugely successful, sold about 150k in one month - HD almost did that in 2 weeks! We can only hope this will be enough to guarantee additional content...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

hmmm, doing the math. $140k times price = $2.8mill USD or 1.68mil pounds.

That's a lot of coin for a downloadable game. Nice.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Hopefully SL will already have some DLC ready to go.

I'm making an assumption here,but I would think all the stats that they are getting would steer the course of future development regarding how the game plays,or should I say the way people play it.

Any added content tracks/craft I think would of been pretty much decided already.....well for the first release.

Much the same as a musician recording and only releasing a selected portion of what's "in the can" so to speak.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

I'll be curious to see if WOHD "has legs"-- can it continue sales down the road as the PS3 userbase grows?

My guess is yes, with the great price and the prospects of 1080p 60FPS, most gamers will want to pick it up, even a year or two down the road.... crown jewels of the PSN and all of that

With Little Big Planet just around the corner - if, as sony is hoping, that stimulates PS3 demand, folk might even get involved with WO.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I think LBP and WO are two totally different animals.

IMHO as much as LBP has the "promise" of infinite game play,people being as they are will embrace it and then leave it.

And for one very simple reason wife/girlfriend acceptance factor, the amount of hours you spend creating a level is proportionate to the amount of off screen action you get.

I can see LBP ending up like a bit torrent site where you have seeders and leeches....far more of the latter I think.

Don't get me wrong,I wish LBP all the best and all who sail with her.....it will sell to the Facebook generation...and I think it will stay there,till they grow up...3 years top.

Where WO will still be with us....in one guise or another....and we will be reminiscing about the great WO HD download day.

PSN ID
    rushinmonkey

they should preload new ps3's with a few video's or a demo. that would get everyone to buy it

(wo, not lbp)

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

How did you discover WO?

I'm not meaning to be rude,just please be truthful.

PSN ID
    rushinmonkey

me?

fleetingly played wo1 at friends houses, thought it was great but didnt have playstation at the time. Some time later it convinced me, who had to convince gf to buy one when 2097 came out. was awesome, very into clubbing at the time so music completely sold it to me as well as insane speed.

Was wearing plasters on monday for some months from too much playing over weekend, generally at 04.00 skipped wo3 for some forgotten reason, then spent months tracking down a copy of 3se and totally geeked out on that with brother. we played it together for about 6 months, very competitive time trails.

Then after the internet convinced me that hd would be out january or so. bought a ps3, and a 40" 1080p o_O happily found lots of other cool stuff on ps3 but basically bought one for wipeout.

phew lecture over, really hoping it was aimed at me now

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Big_Lozbowski

I have talked three of my 'random' COD4 friends who have never played wipeout before to buy the game and they all love it!!

Hey, SL where is my sales comission?!?!?!?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I think the question should be .

HEY SONY!......Where's the WO HD promotion?

They could VERY easily promote WOHD by email to anybody that registers either their PS3 or PSP,they have done it...but.....they do it far more forcefully when it is a "In house" game.....Like LBP for example.

I've nearly posted stuff I'm not supposed to know...****...where's the delete key?

PSN ID
    love9sick

I hope it does great. This series needs to live on.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

Quote Originally Posted by rushin View Post
    they should preload new ps3's with a few video's or a demo. that would get everyone to buy it
    I wonder about this as well. With the price already so low, I worry that the demo wouldn't be interesting to any except the very casual-- who are unlikely to purchase the game thereafter. On the other hand, maybe gamers that have never played Wipeout will try a one-track demo and get hooked!

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    I think the question should be .

HEY SONY!......Where's the WO HD promotion?

They could VERY easily promote WOHD by email to anybody that registers either their PS3 or PSP,they have done it...but.....they do it far more forcefully when it is a "In house" game.....Like LBP for example.
    But WipEout iS an in-house game for Sony; SL is a Sony studio, as Polyphony Digital also is, IIRC, but SL is tied to Sony even more closely, no longer even having the vestige of another company's name on it.

PSN ID
    sakerbax

regarding hd's future i think that they'll have to eventually bundle the avaliable dlcs at a really smaller price than buying them separately as when they start piling up it'll be hard on newcomers because no one's going to be playing most of the old tracks.

also has there been any talk of a player ranking filter? when i started on pulse i was always annoyed by some experienced players that joined venon races just to own noobs..