Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Things that would improve HD

Quote Originally Posted by Crob View Post
    Sure I agree 2097's wall grind was quite satisfying - but I think a maths error made it a little over generous!
    You mean the speed-up thing? I honestly can't remember being able to do that!

Another thing I was noticing last night while playing... shouldn't lifting your nose cushion your landing when you drop from a big height? Nothing I do seems to prevent me from hitting the ground hard and taking damage. I remember in 2097 lifting your nose sort of let you "float" down to an extent.

Just want to make it clear though that I understand that HD is a completely new game and it's awesome in its own right!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Things that would improve HD: make Assegai not so ****ing light it gets pounded online
    Seriously, I was just having some sweet races with leungbok and Aka-sho, both of them using AG-SYS - which definitely is a very light ship, right? Well, guess what: they hammered through my little Assegai like it's not even there! I expect that when being rammed by a Triakis or Qirex, but AG-SYS? Come on, it's ramming through me like a freakin' tank.

EDIT: since when can't I say **** anymore? This is quite a letdown, really. Not because I like to swear or I like to hear (read) lots of cursing, but sometimes you just need to underline the severity of a problem, right? And it made this place better that freedom of speech was still a given...

Default not a trace of irony in the following comment? [Lancepost number 7700]

It's a fuqqing outrage. I feel that we have been anally raped of our ability to express our true anger by some turdly piece-of-excrement vB-forum software created by some gutless namby-pamby politically correct hider-from-ferocious-little-mothers-of-teenagers who wish to avoid public accusations of corrupting their }sarcasm>innocent<sarcasm{ darling little children.

sigh. I am now totally bereft of the proper vocabulary to briefly and economically bitch.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    drenath

Actually the word filter is configurable in VB by Administrators. I'm an Admin on another site that runs VB and I had to disable it. We enjoy freedom of language now.

It replaces 'choice phrases' with whatever you want, asterisks, special characters, even pictures. In fact, that is also how smilies work.
    Last edited by Lance; 21st October 2008 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Redundant quotation of immediately previous post removed. Read the guidelines, please.

I see that you seem to have missed the irony of the remarks.

-----------------

BTW, I know what admins can do; I'm an admin on another forum that uses SMF software that has a configurable filter similar to that of the vB software. It has been left in a disabled state for nearly three years.

At an earlier period in the WZ forum, Rob/infoxicated had activated the word filter, but after a fairly brief period, disabled it again for several years, but due to a recent incident felt he should reinstate its use. He pays the bills and maintains the forum; it's his call.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    drenath

I had a hunch it was in irony but you can never be sure over the interaweb. Sorry about the quote thing and continuing the derail.

I don't know if anyone reads the subject lines in posts, but my subject line for that one was "not a trace of irony in the following comment? [Lancepost number 7700]"

Yes, I can be an evil bastard.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Lance, don't get me wrong - I don't really care that I can't use certain vocabulary. I just find it sad that a tool like this must even exist, here of all places. (but I do understand why it's there now, and yes, since I don't pay any bills for this site - although I gladly would commit if asked - I won't be nagging 'bout it no more)

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Klax75

One thing I wish for is to be able to save tournament track layouts to use online and offline.

Martin, I didn't regard it as nagging; you were just noting a new variant on reality, and I was just making my own hopefully humorous comment [the first one of my posts on it] on that reality, too. Ultimately, cursewords cannot even come anywhere near the malevolence and intensity of perfectly 'proper' and well-chosen ferocious verbiage.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Even though I consider my understanding of the english language quite reasonable, it is not my native tongue, and it seems I sometimes miss the point of well-articulated posts (like yours usually are) by a country mile. Ah well...

I think I still haven't found the right words to express what exactly I think about swearword-filtering, maybe this: WipEoutZone always impressed me by actually allowing people the choice to use bad language, and still not being flooded by it. Speaks for the community, don't you think?

So, in other words, you're saying the WZ is more civilised than the average videogame forum, eh?

Indeed it is.

But I think we should probably get back to the subject of the thread. Dammit.

PSN ID
    AVENGER2197

So, I know this may be a tiny, tiny improvement, but sometimes I have the desire to see how much my record was beaten, or how far off I was right at the race screen:

i.e. Race Record x:xx.xx +/-x.xx sec.
    Old Record x:xx.xx

As it stands right now there isn't any way to do it except to exit out of your race and go to the records section from the main menu. The problem with doing that is the times aren't in the order you did them sometimes. Sometimes I would like to know how much better I did, or how badly I sucked compared to my previous times. That way I can give it another go right then and there.

What do you guys think?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Drugs-Bunny

Default My Wishlist

These are just some of my wishes for the developers to add. Hopefully they recognize the importance of including more stuff to the game that the players have requested. I know alot of the stuff we wish for is not easy to do, and some are near damn impossible to add, but small changes\additions are sometimes all that's needed to add some longevity to the game. I know some of these have been mentioned before, but oh well.

Here we go;

* Elimination mode. This was my biggest dissapointment when I found out it was dropped from the game. Don't get me wrong, I love Wipeout HD and I really think it's an awesome game, especially at such a nice price but Elimination mode has been my favourite game mode since Wipeout 3. It requires different strategies than just racing which adds more fun and variation to the game. I really hope they patch it in at a later stage, or add it together with some DLC's. This would definately keep players active for longer.

* Ability to chat with other players in the online race lobby (ala Battle.net)
    * Remove the option to change speed class settings in existing rooms or make the race-start countdown last longer
    * Make bombs persistent, that way the player in the lead can still hit bombs that was dropped by players that are behind
    * More trophies to give the player more challenges
    * More stats like Pulse and Pure had both for online and campaign play
    * Ability to spectate ghosts or other players aswell as upload ghosts directly from within the game
    * Split screen for online races
    * Country flags for scoreboards
    * Ability to add description to a online race. That way it's easier to organize events and trophy accomplishments like Bling Brigade/AG Assassin etc.
    * More customization to creating online races, ability to choose number of laps, turn off barrel rolls etc.
    * More info about online opponents, if using headset, pilot assist, custom soundtrack, skin (that way it's easier to organize bling brigade races)
    * Skin editor
    * Alternative menu themes\colors as in Wipeout Pure
    * Ability for host to kick players from a room aswell as add a better system for when a host leaves his game and host privilege is given to another player, too often the new host is idle for way too long and players start to leave. Just making sure the new host is notified properly would be a nice option addition aswell. I think a great way to go about this would be to have an announcer tell you if you're the new host, or if race options have changed.
    Last edited by NeilSmith; 24th October 2008 at 12:09 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Some of them I agree with, some of them are pipe dreams (Skin editor is impossible), but tell me why removing an option makes it better? I would much prefer the announcement that says ''Speed class setting has been changed'' and the host cannot start the race immediately.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Drugs-Bunny

I'm not for removing the option entirely, just make hosts unable to change speed class from within existing rooms. Your example would be a good solution aswell. I'd also like the start-timer to last longer than it does now, so that people can change aircrafts that suit the track before the host starts the game. You wouldn't believe how many times this has happened to me; I see a game I want to join with 6/8 7/8 players in the room, I join the room, and before I'm even able to pick a craft suitable for the track the host starts the game- This is not really a problem at Venom, Flash or Rapier class since I mostly use the same craft no matter what course. But for Phantom I'd definately like to change crafts depending on the track.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Klax75

Quote Originally Posted by NeilSmith View Post
    These are just some of my wishes for the developers to add. Hopefully they recognize the importance of including more stuff to the game that the players have requested. I know alot of the stuff we wish for is not easy to do, and some are near damn impossible to add, but small changes\additions are sometimes all that's needed to add some longevity to the game. I know some of these have been mentioned before, but oh well.

Here we go;

* Elimination mode. This was my biggest dissapointment when I found out it was dropped from the game. Don't get me wrong, I love Wipeout HD and I really think it's an awesome game, especially at such a nice price but Elimination mode is my favourite game mode for as long as I can remember it's been in the game. It requires different strategies than just racing which adds more fun and variation to the game. I really hope they patch it in at a later stage, or add it together with some DLC's. This would definately keep players active for longer.

* Ability to chat with other players in the online race lobby
    * Remove the option to change speed class settings in existing rooms
    * Make bombs persistent, that way the player in the lead can still hit bombs that was dropped by players that are behind
    * More trophies to give the player more challenges
    * More stats like Pulse and Pure had both for online and campaign play
    * Ability to spectate ghosts or other players aswell as upload ghosts directly from within the game
    * Split screen for online races
    * Country flags for scoreboards
    * Ability to add description to a online race. That way it's easier to organize events and trophy accomplishments like Bling Brigade/AG Assassin etc.
    * More customization to creating online races, ability to choose number of laps, turn off barrel rolls etc.
    * More info about online opponents, if using headset, pilot assist, custom soundtrack, skin (that way it's easier to organize bling brigade races)
    * Skin editor
    * Alternative menu themes\colors as in Wipeout Pure
    * Ability for host to kick players from a room aswell as add a better system for when a host leaves his game and host privilege is given to another player, too often the new host is idle for way too long and players start to leave. Just making sure the new host is notified properly would be a nice option addition aswell. I think a great way to go about this would be to have an announcer tell you if you're the new host, or if race options have changed.
    I like these suggestions. Just the skin editor SL already said no to.

I get tired of going to a room and wanting to do a Rapier race then the second before it starts the host changes the speed and hits Start. Some times I don't want to play Phantom or vemon. Yet the host will host a game just to get people in change the speed class real quick and start.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by NeilSmith View Post
    I'm sure and i can witness that this already exist, but don't know if it's a bug or a programmed feature.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    trentdf

i dn't know if anyone has mentioned this - online time trials. I like no weapons, but it would be great to have a boost every lap as well. Also, you could learn from the best- trying to tail the high ranked players would be great. I think the best way for this to work is if everyone appeared hollow, like they do at the start of the race, so you can see them but not be rammed or blocked by them.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

On the issue of bombs: I would prefer they stayed on track, too. Nothing is more annoying than being in the lead and wanting to pass a bomb by the last player dropped, and even though I'm going past it by quite a distance, it blows up because the timer ran out, and still throws me off my line with the blast radius. Happened to me more than just a few times! It's not like they just 'disappear' - they usually blow up in my face just as I am about to pass.