Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Things that would improve HD

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

Zone Knockout in which 8 contenders play a normal zone match. However, after zone 10, the person with the lowest score is eliminated, and every 5 zones another person bites the dust. Blowing up through lack of shield works normally as it does. It's a game of risk vs reward. Do you go for that boost pad for precious points and risk hitting the wall?

Scoring might need to be changed to suit.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Larikun

What I'd like to see honestly in this game is last.fm support, you may call me crazy but I do keep around 150 mp3's in my playlist ready to go for racing and zone, gotta keep it fresh else I might go insane in the middle of a race. Only reason I want last.fm support is because now my last.fm profile looks like I haven't listened to any music in a few days hah, can call me vain if you like... but it's the truth.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    BentoBako

Gunbound-like Lobby.

I hate it how it can sometimes take 10 mins to find a nice room online due to the immense amounts of afk hosts....

Please forgive my ignorance, but what does "afk" mean? I'm sure it should be obvious, but I'm not properly awake yet, though even if I were, I'm not sure that would make any difference!

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    meebs

Default Audio mode suggest

I love that you can bring in your own Audio (I have all of the old Cold Storage tracks in a playlist), but it would be great if you could include the default tracks with your play list as a mode. I love the default tracks as well.

1. Default
    2. Playlist
    3. Default + Playlist
    Last edited by meebs; 12th October 2008 at 03:48 PM. Reason: spelling

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Lance, afk = away from keyboard. The worst kind of host you can get.

Thanks, Ben. Yep, it was obvious and I should have understood. I've been too long away from chat, and caffeine hadn't kicked in yet. Could be the senility, too, I guess.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Soccermums

Like many others, I also miss the ability to do written chat both in the lobby and in between races in Tournaments. For me, the excitement of racing online is closely linked to being able to communicate with the people I am racing against - and I find that that specific social component simply doesn't work in WOHD.
    I haven't played Wipeout since fusion, so right now all the tracks and eye-candy will be keeping me busy for the next month, but long term the online component is what will keep me playing. I want to be able to somehow connect/relate to the people I meet online... I want to be able to chat about racing, work, other games, cars, books, movies etc... otherwise, I might as well be racing an AI (that usually is much better than me ).
    Why Sony hasn't figured out how important communication is in online gaming is beyond my imagination. And I still don't understand why a headset is not bundled with every PS3 sold. Or why they haven't put money on the table and bought ventrilo, teamspeak or some other provider of low bandwidth multichat software.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I'd like to see a proximity alert that you could adjust sensitivity.

What I mean by that is,when your in cockpit mode you can't see who is coming up behind or beside you unless you hit the rear view control,which can throw you right out of line and into a wall.

When your in Close or Far view you don't suffer that to the same extent.

So if you had a proximity alert for the rear of your craft,you could basically do away with the need for rear view.

And have it adjustable so you could set it to .5 or 1 or 1.5 craft distance from yours.

It would certainly even things up in the ramming department if Cockpit view is your preferred way of playing.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

There is a proximity sensor, y'know? It's that lower arc in the middle bottom of the standard HUD, even gives you 4 levels of proximity (I think each line is 25 metres).

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    oggob

Having read what alot of people have said, there are some really good ideas...

However, am hoping that WipEout HD was/is simply a Beta... Everything built witin the game was to get the game engine working smoothly... test out the online code... etc... etc... Like the WipEout Gods have sheepishly said... Alot of telemetery for this game is being collected... online habits, favourites, etc...

They will hear the major concerns, they'll get addressed and minor tweaks to ship stats here or there will see a Full Blown Retail title (with pretty much all new content) will hit around this time next year...

I'll call it... so make it happen in 384 Days Time... GO!!!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Amon69it

Quote Originally Posted by BentoBako View Post
    I hate it how it can sometimes take 10 mins to find a nice room online due to the immense amounts of afk hosts....
    Since i don't want to believe to people doing it on purpose, i think this happens because people don't realize they're the host. Not when they are the ones who create races of course.

But when the original host leaves, one of the other pilots becomes the host.

I think that that process is not much visible for some. So they become the host not knowing it, and don't' know they have the responsability to start the race.

It could be a good idea to make this process more visible ( in a graphical way ).

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

The 'start race' button should pulse for the host. It will ruin some of the minimalistic design but it's worth it in the long run.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Quote Originally Posted by eLhabib View Post
    There is a proximity sensor, y'know? It's that lower arc in the middle bottom of the standard HUD, even gives you 4 levels of proximity (I think each line is 25 metres).
    I've been using the 2097 HUD since it became an option,completely forgot about the new HUD.

I just noticed what you mean after trying it out,nice one...easy to read as well.

I never found that little moving arrow in WO3 much use, as it's information always seemed vague.

PSN ID
    love9sick

Custom Bill board! lol...I want to see REd Bull and Cold Storage on bill boards as I am racing again.

I would like more control over the music on the menu, that song in the menu is getting old.
    Last edited by love9sick; 15th October 2008 at 02:37 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Nadia_Elenova

To be able to find where your friends are playing online, not only if they host a game.

And SKIN EDITOR! eLhabib, those skin just make me want it even more!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

i think skin editor won't happen easily as crob or someone else of SL has stated...sadly

but i still think night and days variants aren't so hard to do, if it has been implemented in burn out and it run at 60 frames as HD, why HD can't? just immage some tracks at night time

what's mind if the game weights 3 gb instead of 1 after????

Timezone
    GMT -5

Quote Originally Posted by Nadia Elenova View Post
    To be able to find where your friends are playing online, not only if they host a game.
    Actually, you can already do this (sorta). It's one of the filter options. If you check it to "Friends", it'll show you all of the open rooms that contain your friends.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Squallie

captain howdy: Isnt that only if they are the host?

imo Sony should put a "join game"-button directly into the friendlist of XMB. So you can see what friends are playing, and join it, without even have a game started.

A couple of things came up in the "racing etiquette" thread in the pilots' lounge that I think are really good ideas.

Firstly, if you quit a race, or at least if you quit a tournament, there should be a delay on getting into another race, for the purpose of deterring quitting. It's so annoying when you end up with three people out of the eight that started a tournament after the second race, just because a few got bored. Don't start if you don't want to race to the end.

Secondly, I'd like a delay on starting races after changing options. People changing the track or class then starting a race immediately, in order to get opponents in the wrong ship or on a track they don't like, seems to be a widespread problem. Delay the start for thirty seconds or so and have a message saying "HOST HAS CHANGED OPTIONS."

I can't take credit for those, btw, I just copied them from the thread...

Another thing that annoys me a bit is the way the ships move sideways slightly after being hit by a weapon - the reason being that you end up coming off the track and ending up instantly in last place. It's happened to me a few times, and I've ended up doing it accidentally to some opponents online.
    Last edited by jmoid; 15th October 2008 at 09:30 PM.