Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: Things that would improve HD

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn View Post
    * barrel rolls should remove health as a % as supposed to set amount, so lower shield teams aren't hindered in races with no weapons.
    Disagree. Low shields meaning low # barrel rolls helps keep the teams balanced. You get rid of this and teams with high speed/low shields will become too powerful.
    Agree with the rest of your points though.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

ONLINE ZONE mode.

How cool would that be? Up to 8 players would start, and the goal is to reach the highest zone, of course you could ram into other players as well, but usually that won't matter.
    When you die you get to watch the others, trust me we won't have to wait too long!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    crawdad62

Online Zone would be cool. There would have to be a set time that it changes speed classes though since everyone would be at different sections of the track and any given time. In my opinion I'd like to have ship to ship contact not reflect any power loss. Only have the walls do the damage. That way you could ram the poop out of each other.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Tomeru

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
    Disagree. Low shields meaning low # barrel rolls helps keep the teams balanced. You get rid of this and teams with high speed/low shields will become too powerful.
    Agree with the rest of your points though.
    As speed is not really an issue in high speed classes, I think his suggestion holds some merit. If they make some changes to the speed and make it so it has some kind of impact, then that is a whole different issue.

As the game stands now, a Feisar ship can be quicker than an Icaras ship on some tracks. and besides, there are plenty of chances to absorb weapons to replenish shields.

Also, it can be interesting to add a slipstream effect to the game

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

Quote Originally Posted by crawdad62 View Post
    Online Zone would be cool. There would have to be a set time that it changes speed classes though since everyone would be at different sections of the track and any given time. In my opinion I'd like to have ship to ship contact not reflect any power loss. Only have the walls do the damage. That way you could ram the poop out of each other.
    I agree... damn I would play that!
    Imagine with several good players all reaching zone 75 on anulpha pass!

Great thread, excellent ideas you guys, I agree with almost all and think there should be far more optionality for the host so everyone can have their perfect version, lets hope sony is listening!

Zone mode online is a great idea, would we want it with weopons? uber fast and you could keep yourself alive by absorbing pickups, zone 150 might be interesting on the eyes

What do people think about rewarding the fastest lap during each race of a tournament, perhaps an additional point could spice things up and make each race even more of a challenge even if you are in a clear lead

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Klax75

Quote Originally Posted by Connavar View Post
    ONLINE ZONE mode.

How cool would that be? Up to 8 players would start, and the goal is to reach the highest zone, of course you could ram into other players as well, but usually that won't matter.
    When you die you get to watch the others, trust me we won't have to wait too long!
    I think the best online Zone mode would be more of a rally race set up. Once you start putting other players and ramming it would ruin the concept of Zone. Would just be a bright colored eliminator mode.

Doing a rally type thing where you are all playing online in the same track, on the right side of your screen you would have the list of racers, and next to there name what zone they are in. On track all other racers would be a ghosts, so you could see them, but you can't interact with them by ruining there lap. Having the zone listings would tell you how people are doing and making each ghost a different color would be a instant visual queue who is what and what Zone they are on since there ghost color could match there name. For a player that does a perfect lap make there name pulsate with a glow for a few seconds after they finish the lap.
    Last edited by klax75; 18th December 2008 at 06:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by crawdad62 View Post
    Online Zone would be cool. There would have to be a set time that it changes speed classes though since everyone would be at different sections of the track and any given time.
    Zone speed increases every 10 seconds, so no change is necessary

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    FrenkyV

Quote Originally Posted by Connavar View Post
    I agree... damn I would play that!
    Imagine with several good players all reaching zone 75 on anulpha pass!
    Imagine that would be a trophy LOL

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    crawdad62

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
    Zone speed increases every 10 seconds, so no change is necessary
    Does it? Always seemed random to me. I guess I'm not really paying attention other than holding on tight!

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Tomeru

What do you all think about taking damage from the back burners of ships? This game has alot of potential in regards to upgrades/changes ro game mechanics.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

Quote Originally Posted by klax75 View Post
    I think the best online Zone mode would be more of a rally race set up. Once you start putting other players and ramming it would ruin the concept of Zone. Would just be a bright colored eliminator mode.

Doing a rally type thing {...}
    That could work too, but I wouldn't want to play it for too long, because it's not as fun, rather play the offline Zone then. It's like the online races without weapons, they are not time trials (because of collisions), that's why they're good, there is an extra challenge and skill required to avoid the other ships.
    Also I don't think there will be excessive ramming, because distances increase very quickly with speed, someone who never hits a wall racing against someone hitting several, at 1000km/h, will result in huge gaps.

I'd say the biggest thing that would help the series would be to make the game more about pure racing skills at the top classes , like on elite classes no pilot assist should be allowed, no autopilot, perhaps even no weapons except for speed boost, and also bring back the days of chemical brothers and prodigy in the soundtrack , i really miss having proper vocals in the tracks - the wipeout series was pioneering in this, if you have to charge 50 dollars for the game because you have top electronic music in game, then so be it.

make the online data much more robust, like you can see the players rank, country of origin, time logged , experience all through icons and colors, give us much more options when creating a game to be able to choose what weapons are given or not

oh yes and bring back the negcon on ps3

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

in thruth brother if you want prodigy and chemical brothers you have only to download somewhere and put it in the soundtrack as i and i think many of us have done...

loops of fury by chemical and spitfire by prodigy are ace

yeah i did it with some old cd's i had, the music they gave us for free is pretty lame!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

Is there some kind of invincibility at the very start of a race? If yes (I think it is) then sometimes it doesn't work and if the racer in front of you is idling then you'll just be stuck!! If no, then it should be added.

oh and give us a real campaign, not this trophies crap, i liked the wipeout XL way of unlocking a new tournament with a new speed class as the campaign

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Ceiu

What was wrong with the campaign in this one? It had the tournaments in it and overall gave players a pretty well-rounded experience of what the game had to offer while not brutalizing them on the way up. Plus, you unlocked stuff after each tier (prior to 100% completion).

I still think the online play needs some cleaning up. The biggest and most noticeable problem comes from bombs being triggered by the host (or some random factor) and the whole leaving dropped players at the starting line. I don't know how many times I've watched them take a weapon hit simply because the game still keeps them there. Not to mention, every now and then it won't give them ghost-status so they actually become a hazard.

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

I had a great idea.

In the same manner as the flasy advertisements, there should be a banner that at the beginning of the race displays the top time and player name, and in the design of the team used

That would look so good.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Absolutely! Great idea!