Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Things that would improve HD

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    Sugar_from_OTW

The sheild pickup should be scraped, and instead, you should get a coupld of seconds worth of sheild when you absorb a weapon. That way, if you hear mines, you have to quickly decide whether or not to waste your pick up or to chance it though the mines.

I don't know if anyone has suggested that.

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

Quake Surfer would actually be a pretty cool weapon.

Would be nice to have a full options menu during the end race wait on an online race. A full overall ranking scoreboard would be nice also (covering your speed laps, time trials, your average position etc). More online modes too.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

It's been said before, but sticky walls is the thing in this game that I think is really annoying.
    It makes the learning process from frustrating to infuriating (or another word that looks like this one ).
    That means I won't really have fun on a particular track until I know it well enough to avoid most of its walls. And that takes a lots of hours...

And another little thing
    The weapons icons don't appear instantly when you pick themp up.
    Someone on these boards raised the problem for pulse, and I believe nobody came up with an explanation as to why it may be better the way it is now.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    trentdf

i don't mind the sticky walls. Although when your learning its a pain in the arse, when you get alright its quicker to side shift/ turn off the wall quickly rather than just slow down a lot after you bounce.

- it would be nice on time trial if there was a time ahead/behind of your best time when you crossed the start line

-EDIT- i hate sticky walls
    Last edited by trentdf; 13th December 2008 at 12:50 AM.

PSN ID
    Lord_Khan

Its probably already been said but the MAJOR thing I'd like in either Wipeout HD or the next Wipeout PS3 game is:

1. Wipeout XL, and Wip3out physics to return.

While I love Pure, Pulse, and HD, I have had to totally alter my racing style with Qirex due to the more "stability" of the craft to the track. I miss the more "loose / floaty" feel of Qirex that allowd me to "Power Slide" around turns. Now it feels more like a driving game when you corner hard as you have to corner with more accuracy of staying with the turn, rather than the old style of turning into a turn long before you get to it, so that you could drift almost sideways around it.

Ahhh I miss that.

2. As its been said the sticky walls are a major hinderance in a game of this speed. We need the Wipeout XL "wall scrape" back. That would be extremely cool.

Call me old school but the old physics of Wipeout as an option would make for the ultimate Wipeout experience. Not saying that HD isn't that because it is, but it could definately use some touchups to edge it toward WO Perfection.
    Last edited by Hacker X; 11th December 2008 at 06:20 PM.

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Personally id prefer the walls to give to a real minor bounce away from them. Anything to stop a meer glance turning into a ruined race.

I think in a nutshell id like:
    * invite function
    * skin creator (HD clipart would make for very quick and eask skins surely?)
    * eliminator mode (each lap last place is eliminated), as well as many other modes suggested in many other threads.
    * tournament times to count towards records, so in turn should be able to view records during tournaments.
    * better records for teams as well as pilots. I want to see which team has the most wins, or the highest % of wins per player etc
    * sort out auto piloting dodgy pathing
    * barrel rolls should remove health as a % as supposed to set amount, so lower shield teams arent hindered in races with no weapons.
    * Ag Systems should have their shield minorly reduced.
    * sort out the auto respawn, you cant be allowed to skip some corners and not others. either do them all or not at all in my opinion...
    * More diverse track design, time of day, and weather effects.
    * The pilot assist should turn your ship away from walls instead of just pusing you away, it would then actually help new players as supposed to just be a bit of a joke. Ever got stuck on the anulpha pass bridge its hilarious!

PSN ID
    kgb1971

Thumbs up

I would like when highlighting a host to be able to see who is in the particular room so you can see where your friends are this would be better than the constant coming in and out of the XMB which is highly irritating .

Also in-room messaging would be great as this would include everyone in chat and give a much better on line experience. Fixed messages would be cool such as "Great Race", "Well Done" or "You Suck" lol.

Yes a few more tracks is what everyone wants, but i would rather have quality over quantity any day, the reason for me why 2097 is/was head and shoulders the best Wipeout is the track design, the feeling of a believable environment and without going over the top i would even say the tracks had a personality of their own.Personally i would like another eight in totally but eight good ones .Never played Pulse so i don't know what else they can take from there but i feel there are no more on Pure to be had. (though I'll be proved wrong on that no doubt).

I do wonder how much time and effort SL are willing to invest in HD. How many people have downloaded it, how much money have they made on it and do they think more DLC is a worthwhile investment?At some point they will have to support the new game (far off i know).

Personally with the on-line element i believe (arguably!) HD is the best game of the series but it needs to grow and develop to make it even better.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

good thoughts kgb1971 , i agreed with you that other 8 more tracks would be a reasonable improvement, but i assure you pure still have yet more to offer, i don't know if you have ever take a look on tracks like modesto heights or blue ridge, tracks like these have a very nice xl/2097 feeling and i cannot image of good would work a full hd restyling, at the moment i don't own a psp but i think for xmas i get one, however i've study and watch many many videos of pure tracks

with this i don't want to say that the pulse tracks are inferior in design or less vary and nice, tracks like basilico , tech de ra or arc prime own the same nostalgic 2097 feeling and i dream about an hd port of such tracks the same way as the pure ones i've mentioned before and many others i haven't mentioned

in truth the major part of the 2097-w3o-pure-pulse tracks ROCKS!

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Quote Originally Posted by KGB1971 View Post
    I do wonder how much time and effort SL are willing to invest in HD. How many people have downloaded it, how much money have they made on it and do they think more DLC is a worthwhile investment?At some point they will have to support the new game (far off i know).
    last time i checked the record tables included 55,000 people. lets assume theres a few more now, but each bought wo:hd for around £11. They could have charged near retail price and it would still be worth every penny spent on it.

I Dont remember ever seeing a game rated so highly by so many different reviewers. Once saw below 9 and often 10/10, along with the frequent opinion HD is the best value for money release of all time.

Im still amazed to this day the game was so cheap, I mean the pure expansion packs were announced at a ludicrous £15 each. Fair play if they learnt the massive error in their ways, but they could have really cashed in on this one. id have spent £20/£30 if it meant more money for more wipeout.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar_from_OTW View Post
    The sheild pickup should be scraped, and instead, you should get a coupld of seconds worth of sheild when you absorb a weapon. That way, if you hear mines, you have to quickly decide whether or not to waste your pick up or to chance it though the mines.
    That sounds just like a shorter version of the old-school shields where you couldn't fire weapons if you had shields up.

With all due respect, your suggestion doesn't make much sense...outside-the-box thinking, though.

PSN ID
    kgb1971

Quote Originally Posted by darkfaerytales View Post
    but i assure you pure still have yet more to offer, i don't know if you have ever take a look on tracks like modesto heights or blue ridge, tracks like these have a very nice xl/2097 feeling and i cannot image of good would work a full hd restyling
    Your right, Modesto Heights would look good HD'd up as would every track but i just think if they are going to give us more tracks then they should be the best ones.

Its obviously a personal opinion but give me Valparaiso over Blue Ridge any day, Manor top is surely far superior than Modesto Heights. I get the feeling that if they do give us new tracks they will be from Pure and Pulse. Though to be fair Moa Therma and Metropia are both excellent, if there are more like that then great.

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn View Post
    Im still amazed to this day the game was so cheap, I mean the pure expansion packs were announced at a ludicrous £15 each. Fair play if they learnt the massive error in their ways, but they could have really cashed in on this one. id have spent £20/£30 if it meant more money for more wipeout.
    I couldn't agree more Haydn, before it came out i thinking about £25 and i would of been happy.

It would be nice if there was some official word on DLC, I think I read on here somewhere that they were working on some, but it was possibly rumor.

Forgot to mention Statistics as well. I need statistics online!
    Last edited by KGB; 13th December 2008 at 06:18 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Things that'll improve Wipeout HD, maybe in online races if all the other racers didnt get a 2 fkn second headstart, not including the non responsive weapon pads that i go over and the other racers go over get the weapon and change the fate of the race. Maybe thats my **** connection or something but ultimately what is needed for Wipeout HD is eliminator mode, and kick some of the new cocky bastards to kindom come, lol, and to be fairly competitive too

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

SuperPhantom or Zen as a normal speed class

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

deffinitly. or a zone mode esc speed increase each lap

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Do you mean gradual speed increase with NO weapons ?

Like AVALON semi zone ?

That could be either fun or tortuous depending on the definition of FUN.

BR's will either make or brake that.....I loathe them,give me a race without them with just getting racing lines the best you can.
    Like TRUE racing is.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tK1WSxNN4aU
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 13th December 2008 at 04:23 PM.

PSN ID
    Axellink

Core blimey, that's what you call true flying! I long for the day they get rid of BR

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

now thats something. what ridiculously good flying!

As for br's, personally i like them... i just wish the game made their importance more obvious, and would change the boost amount per team. I just get sick of icarus clearly being the speed lap team to use, if they got slightly less br boost due to their awesome speed it might make for much fairer competition.

I guess i just enjoy an extra dimension, and believe barrel rolls is a nice feature to add more variety to the teams.

The same for sideshifting really, in that im surprised the distance you shift doesnt vary from team to team, surely that could enchance the flying style even more?
    Last edited by OBH; 14th December 2008 at 06:57 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

umm,the distance of sideshifting doesn't vary from team to team ok, or better depends on of much you press , but i have little doubt about the times of reaction , i suspect the less handle ship respond slower and with a bit of lag on sideshift movement respect the high handle ones...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Klax75

I can't stand BR's. I can't state it enough how much I dislike them. I miss racing lines to pick up time. I also think any kind of track cutting should result in a void of that lap time.

The things I want really want in a expansion.

Is more tracks to play, I would like Pure and Pulse tracks. I am a minority but I do like Pure for the amount of tracks, but Pulse has more tracks I like to play then. I've always loved in WipeOut how tracks seem real, in the sense we have raced on the same tracks before in several different games. It makes it feel like a place. Not every game you get totally different tracks all the time. Going back to tracks, is fun to me.

Concept models of all the teams. Just for variations. Some teams from previous games. Although some of the designs from Fusion / Pure don't look vary WipeOut to me.

Replays is one of my most wanted features, to have a replay savable. To be able to share with friends. 3rd person track view. It's such a dream of mine to be able to watch a replay when every I want. GT4, GT5PL, TT I love those replays. Sometimes I just have replays running for hours with TT why I work on the computer. Since you could make replay playlists. Also being able to save replays of online races. To be able to go to photo mode from a saved replay.

More host options. BR's off or on. Number of laps you want per race (not being tied to speed class). Speed lap qualifying.

Grid sharing like in Pulse, so you can do grid layouts for your friends.

Stats, more stats. Pulse/Pure stats.

More online options. Like being able to form a team with your friends. So your online rankings count and help your team.

Timezone
    GMT + 12

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    Mano's (Mano's? i think thats who it was) flight inspires me to become a better pilot.

i simply love watching this video. it defines wipeout for me.

we all wish for an HD remake of 2097 but we all know its not happening.