Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: wipEoutHD-ghosts.com

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Hahaha man, that is so funny that this happened! I just thought again about how these codes are being generated, and it simply throws together letters and numbers randomly. If you look at the code, it consists of 6 positions, so it's like lottery really, only that here we have numbers 0-9 and letters A-Z!!! I don't dare to even think about how slim the chances are of actually getting a word out of this random process, let alone your age as well! Consider yourself an incredible lottery super jackpot winner!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Heh
    Got something similar on Youtube myself one day, was watching a comedy video and it was about sex jokes (Comedians are weird sometimes ). Lo and behold, the password I had to enter on Youtube to comment had to do with sex.
    It's the lottery man you should buy a ticket xD And watch out for lightning if you win it, because the odds are greater for lightning to hit you than for you to win the lottery...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I am proud to announce that www.wipEoutHD-ghosts.com has broken the 100 ghosts uploaded mark (thanks to Mus, you'll receive a free pat on the back). I have to say I was actually hoping the site would attract more people, but hey, as long as it serves those who want to use it, that's fine

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

i have some ex no.1 ghosts on several venom tt's. they are easily beatable but i suppose they might help some people. would you like me to whack those ones up (i could always improve them first if you'd like)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

It's your choice, not mine. I say the more the merrier

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

who'd pass up a chance for glory? not me that's for sure. i'll have a proper tt/sl fest on sunday and i'll post them when i'm done . fame and fortune here i come!

PSN ID
    Wellington86

I don't know if it's the site or if pirhapac uploaded it incorrectly, but I just downloaded his ubermall SL ghost only to find that it was his CP rev ghost. Typically, I only noticed this after I had copied it, so I lost one of my best ghosts . A quick 99 laps has only been able to restore a ghost within two tenths of the old one .

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

You can look at the details of any ghost save while it's still on your USB stick, before you copy it to your PS3. Pirapac probably uploaded the wrong ghost... sorry for the inconvenience

PSN ID
    Wellington86

It's ok. I also downloaded two of Asayyeah's ghosts yesterday, both of which worked fine. One of them shows the 'grind' (as pirhapac calls it) on Chenghou forward. I actually got to first in the TT the other day without using it (after many many hours of struggle over many sessions), but Mad-Ice destroyed my time the very next day, so thanks Asa for putting this up. I expect to improve my time with it, so in return I'll try to put one of my own on the site.

It's a shame to see Chenghou become yet another Icaras-fest, I will see what I can do in the Feisar, but I expect to end up adhering to that not-so-honourable adage, "if you can't beat them, join them" .

what`s the grind?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I was just gonna ask the same thing.

Oh and Wellington, just rest comfortably in the knowledge that you have the fastest FEISAR on the leaderboards. That's what I do with Auricom, because I think it's useless going up against people like Flashback Jack, who devote their life to crushing every new record within an hour or so. If they feel better doing it, so be it, but i bet they won't do it in an Auricom

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Hohoho the grind. Can't talk about that

I think pirhapac wants it to remain a secret for as long as possible...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

Lunar (chenghou forward): after the first jump, boost + nose up, & land on the surface with the blue arrows above, the right border of the track in fact. Pirahpac was the first to perform that. Asa has posted his ghost Darkdrium, that's no more a secret... And seriously, please guys post your ghosts, I'm really not sure everone's is crazy enough to replay such the things you guys are performing... And the grind stuff is not as relevant as some other "secrets" (my opinion). The key of chenghou remains in the turn before the tunnel : I perform a barrel roll right before the tunnel, instead of this supergrind : 22.66. Maybe this stuff isn't necessary.
    @wellington : Pirahpac's ubermall forward works mate, you probably missed something. I'm still studying it lol. Another exemple of the crazy stuff some pilots are able to perform. Practice is everything, but talent helps a lot, at this level.
    Last edited by kanar; 19th January 2009 at 03:25 PM. Reason: replaced woops by first jump lol

PSN ID
    Wellington86

Lol, thanks kanar for posting that, I would have been unsure whether to blow the whistle on something I didn't find myself. Darkdrium is right, I don't think pirhapac wanted anyone to know this one, mostly to keep FbJ in the dark!

I'm not sure what you mean by 'woops' though. Just to clarify, after the nasty hairpin boost off the first jump and nose up over the bridge which crosses the track just before the long left-hander. You will land in the seating on the outside of that corner. Manoeuvre left toward the wall, and watch as the craft goes smoothly around the corner as though it were grinding on the wall (although you do have to steer a bit). Once round the corner you have to side shift off or you will drive straight into the side of the tunnel.

The barrel roll into the tunnel is what I was doing before, but it is one of the most difficult BRs in the game to do consistently, which is why it took me so long to get ahead of pirhapac in the TT, despite knowing that theoretically I could get a low-ish 1.58 without the grind. The grind misses that BR, but it is definitely faster, it didn't take me very long to beat my SL time while I was chasing Asayyeah's ghost.
    Last edited by Wellington86; 19th January 2009 at 03:08 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

Please let me put another exemple guys;

I don't know if you remember the aborted chrono TT challenge for HD. We all tried to lower as much as possible anulpha reverse. Asa & me posted our ghosts (we discussed every day together, with mike too... about the right technique...) ; We worked like freaks an entire week on this track. No regrets on the fact I've posted my ghost.
    thread here :
    http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/sho...?t=5312&page=4
    Last edited by kanar; 19th January 2009 at 03:43 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

On that long left turn (wich ends at the tunnel), you can pull a double br the best is to succeed the first one at the begining of the turn and the other with nose down if you don't want to hit the tunnel's wall. I will try to improve my poor sl with this technique. The double-br is not that difficult, but to keep his line doing it is very hard !

PSN ID
    pirhapac

wellington..i sempt you photo who show that grind like 1 month ago..and i thought u understood..and for fbj ..i said all my secrets and asa madice and more who can beat that too..moa?ihave 22.28 i found a br..i said too that to "wotan998" and he beat me ..maybe i forgot u but mad asa fbj and other know that new br too..and i dont see why i must say that at pilots who say about me "loner racer " and they cant get a top 20 sl or tt..cuz for me that player who are happy to get a online recor and only this dont need know that..so for me just pilots(like u) who can beat new sl need to know this( sorry for my bad english)

PSN ID
    Wellington86

Yeah I remember you sent me that picture pirahpac, lol, but as I told you at the time I couldn't see what exactly you were doing or how it was faster. Then shortly afterwards I found I could reach your time without doing anything different, so I never really looked for it.

I didn't mean to imply that you are always secretive, just that in this case I thought you were since you've shown a lot of your stuff in videos, but you hadn't shown this (at least not to my knowledge). I was only being playful anyway, you can say as much or as little as you like.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

Pirahpac, all the guys who tried to put their name in the ranking boards noticed you're a sort of pioneer. The s****y remarks you heard by the past : Jealousy. Nothing else. I'm still a rookie here, but I lived the pulse controversy in direct. That was sad. You want to push the limits of this game : Be sure -the guys who are actually trying to push the limits too- respect you so much for that. But as I told you, you can be confident in your skills too; The phantom SL ranking tables are already unreachable for the majority of us. This is already an alien's struggle mate. And I know this is just the beginning... not sure so many wipers could follow this rythm.
    Last edited by kanar; 19th January 2009 at 05:27 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

You can cumulate the 2 techniques : boost and BR over the structure but do not land outside on the curved left to grind but land onto the track ( try to land as far as possible on the left ) with the boost induced by the BR you can up your nose and BR right before the tunnel entry : the major problem is to not hit the right wall when you land after the boost+BR.
    I was gaining like 2 or 3 tenths on my ghost (judging by rear view) but i miserably hit the left pillar on the big jump ... 22.30 possible .