Darkdrium777

Game region version: NTSC
    Game update version: 2.00
    Firmware version:2.80
    Console version and hard-drive size: 60GB
    Custom soundtrack: Yes
    Controller type: DS3
    Options settings: I don't think this can have an impact
    Track [if any] where error occurs: Some, can't remember which.
    Online/Offline: Online

I think it's the same thing as ShiFunksi here.
    When passing over a pad online, the sound will be hear, the pad will turn from red to black, but no weapon will be awarded. That is, sometimes, until moments later (say a lap and a half in Phantom) where you will randomly get a weapon.
    I've had it twice where it didn't give anything, and once where I got a cannon out of nowhere, and I had that pad bug before on the same race.

Coined: Windows 7 Beta pads, because they work much better but still not entirely well (It's also KIGO's idea again, this man should be elected somewhere.)

Timezone
    GMT -5

Game region version: US
    Game update number: 2.00 Fury
    Firmware version: 2.80
    Console version and harddrive size: 80 Gig, no backwards compat.
    Custom soundtrack, yes or no: No
    Controller type: Dual Shock 3
    Options settings: I tried both Fury and HD menu, and it locks up with both
    Track [if any] where error occurs: N/A
    Online/Offline: Online, obviously

Exact same problem as Light. If I grab a list of servers and then scroll down one too many places, I get a hardlock that I can only recover from by resetting the machine.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

Default Sound Problems

Console version and harddrive size: 60 Gig, full backwards compat.
    Custom soundtrack, yes or no: Yes
    Controller type: SIXAXIS
    Options settings: Effects volume at the default 80%
    Track [if any] where error occurs: Multiple
    Online/Offline: Both

The engine sounds, speed pad sounds and collision sounds are extremely loud to the point that it's distracting and the game becomes unplayable for me. Sort of sounds like the sound muffling and amplification you experience in a tunnel. I'll hit sections of track where it seems to get better for a second or two, but then it comes right back. This issue is not limited to indoor tracks or tunnel sections of outdoor tracks. I've experienced this in all three modes I've played in...speed lap, time trial and online single race. It just came about randomly last night while starting a new speed lap session (up to that point, everything was normal). I tried different tracks, different ships (both HD and Fury ships), restarting WO, restarting my console, restarting my receiver, but nothing helped...then I decided to try an online single race and everything was fine again. Things were back to normal offline too. Fired it up for the first time since, just a bit ago, and the problem is back, but this time online too (in addition to offline). Again, tried restarting WO, but it didn't help. If I lower the effects volume, it helps, but then I can barely hear the woman's voice and the other effects that I need to hear (weapons sounds and such). If I lower my receiver's volume, it also helps, but then I can barely hear my music and all the other effects I need to hear. It's as if the volume of the engine sounds, speed pad sounds and collision sounds are independently and exceedingly loud in comparison to all the other sound effects. This problem has ruined WO for me at the moment, as it's not playable in this condition.
    Last edited by LOUDandPROUD; 24th July 2009 at 02:36 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Default the same sound problems...

Game region version: EU
    Game update number: 2.01 Fury
    Console version and harddrive size: 40 Gig
    Custom soundtrack, yes or no: no
    Options settings: Effects volume at the default 80%
    Track [if any] where error occurs: Multiple
    Online/Offline: Both

Hi, I just searched the whole web and haven't found somebody experiencing the same problem as me until now.

I have exactly the same sound bug as described by LOUDandPROUD.

Meaning:
    The engine sounds, speed pad sounds and collision sounds are extremely loud to the point that it's distracting and the game becomes unplayable for me. Sort of sounds like the sound muffling and amplification you experience in a tunnel. I'll hit sections of track where it seems to get better for a second or two, but then it comes right back. This issue is not limited to indoor tracks or tunnel sections of outdoor tracks. I've experienced this in all three modes I've played in...speed lap, time trial and online single race. It just came about randomly last night while starting a new speed lap session (up to that point, everything was normal). I tried different tracks, different ships (both HD and Fury ships), restarting WO, restarting my console, restarting my receiver, but nothing helped...then I decided to try an online single race and everything was fine again. Things were back to normal offline too. Fired it up for the first time since, just a bit ago, and the problem is back, but this time online too (in addition to offline). Again, tried restarting WO, but it didn't help. If I lower the effects volume, it helps, but then I can barely hear the woman's voice and the other effects that I need to hear (weapons sounds and such). If I lower my receiver's volume, it also helps, but then I can barely hear my music and all the other effects I need to hear. It's as if the volume of the engine sounds, speed pad sounds and collision sounds are independently and exceedingly loud in comparison to all the other sound effects. This problem has ruined WO for me at the moment, as it's not playable in this condition.
    Every single aspect he described is relevant for me too.

I also noticed that the surround speakers are much too loud. You can check this in the speaker test in audio options. This is concerning the surround right/left and surround back right/left speakers.
    I'm using HDMI Sound Output to an Onkyo 507 receiver with 5.1 speakers.
    Every other game or blu-ray movie is doing just fine.

This sound bug is killing all the fun for me right now, because effects are much too loud (except the voice as described by LOUDandPROUD) and the music feels too weak.

I just payed another 10 EUR for Fury and can't play Wipeout anymore, so please fix this!

edit:
    In classic Zone mode, the sound is OK. But if I switch back to any other racing mode, it is broken again.
    Last edited by chris; 25th July 2009 at 06:58 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    tileon

Game region version [EU or what]: Bought from US Store
    Game update number [downloaded fixes]: 2.01
    Console version and harddrive size: CECHH04 40GB
    Controller type: DualShock 3
    Options settings: square for absorbing, round for firing. No motion control.
    Track [if any] where error occurs: Tech de Ra >>> / Amphiseum <<<

Vista pads!!! Vista pads everywhere!! I'd say one out of two. It's not always the same pads. I kept running over them, and sound effect would attest to pickup. But no bonus weapon.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Game region version [EU or what]: Bought from US Store
    Console version and harddrive size: CECHH04 40GB
    Controller type: DualShock 3
    Options settings: square for absorbing, round for firing. No motion control.
    Track [if any] where error occurs: ///

inside a game lobby online, I would choose a ship and then end up a a totally different craft altogether, or with another skin of the craft selected ( selected fury Qirex, got normal livery Qirex). No it wasn't just my imagination!
    Last edited by tileon; 26th July 2009 at 01:43 PM. Reason: No it wasn't!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    PoliPino

Gah! Lockup!

Game region version [EU or what]: US
    Console version and harddrive size: ???? (where can I find the console version?) 60GB - Mine is a US launch system.
    Custom soundtrack, yes or no: yes
    Controller type: SixAxis
    Options settings: default (AirBrake & Acceleration sensitivity 10%)
    Track [if any] where error occurs: Vineta K, Anulpha Pass, Moa Therma so far
    Online/Offline: Offline

So, whenever I do a speed lap session the game will lockup once I hit X to confirm on the Results screen. It has happened all 3 times I've tried it. I was running Icaras at Rapier Class.

Anyone else seeing this?

Bug #2 - Online lobby lockup

Here is another lockup scenario I've run into. After joining an online game and waiting for the race to start, the game will lock up occasionally (It's happened to me twice so far). When the host starts the race, the 2 second timer will elapse, but the screen will go blank, except for the background screen (still animated) and music. When I was game host, I let i go for over 5 minutes before manually rebooting PS3. When I was not the host though, it did eventually load the game properly, after maybe 30secs to 1 minute. Both times it did this, a person joined the game right as the 2 second timer was elapsing. I don't know if it was just coincidence or not.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    tileon

Game region version: Pal
    Game Update number: 2.01
    Console version & hard drive size: CECHH04 40GB
    Controller type: Dualshock 3
    Track: Synchopia
    Race type: Zone

The leaderboard for Synchopia is broken. I reached Mach 1 with 60 zones, 35 perfect zones, 130 000+ score. I should be 58th as the game attests at the end of the race. I saw the bug once and this was a test run to double check it. I'm locked from the leader board. Started PS3 again, connected again, it's not working. Haven't checked other boards on other race types. Online ID is tileon.

EDIT : Re-checked it for the nth time. Works, sorry for the trouble. I have tried to enter a game lobby so I was sure I got connected somehow.
    Last edited by tileon; 27th July 2009 at 07:17 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Game region version: NTSC
    Game update version: 2.01
    Console version and hard-drive size: 60GB
    Controller type: DS3
    Options settings: —
    Track [if any] where error occurs: Tech de Ra Forward
    Online/Offline: Offline but it can happen online too, it's the track that's the problem

Are you fucking serious? After I go and say: Vineta-K has no collisions everywhere in this post and that post, you guys didn't think it would be cool to put collisions on walls in Tech de Ra?

Well rejoice, here's an exploit I found again. This time however YOU send me a PM if you're interested in knowing how I do it Paul Tweedle. I want to know if you're actually reading this thread. Because come on, it's not like I haven't said many times to be careful with the respawn zones and collisions. I'm a bit angry of falling on deaf ears like that.

This is a time FOUR seconds ahead of the current world record. Much more serious than Sebenco Climb.

You're lucky I found it, and not some glitcher who doesn't care about the integrity of the game (Zone Anulpha Pass anyone?)

Now I'll make a crazy suggestion: if it's a wall, make it act like a fucking wall. Go ahead and put collisions on every single lamp post on Modesto Heights, but forget the walls on Tech de Ra xD Makes sense doesn't it?

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Griffon_ACG

Game update number: 2.01
    Console version and harddrive size: 60G
    Custom soundtrack, yes or no: Y
    Controller type: DS3 (x2)
    Options settings: -
    Track where error occurs: N/A
    Race Type: Tournament, Multiplayer H2H

When racing my friend in 2 Player with AI disabled, it seems it doesn't accurately keep score. My friend was winning more often than not, yet the scoreboard kept me almost always 2 points ahead, until the final race when he jumped 4 points ahead, when it should have been more like 10.

Also, Same circumstances, different problem, only happened once. But in one of the races my friend got an Autopilot pickup, and he used it, but it didn't take effect. You heard the computer say "Autopilot engaged" and the garbled computer noise, but my friend went straight into a wall.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Default Alternative skins don't work properly.

Game region version: PAL (UK)
    Game update version: 2.01
    Console version and hard-drive size: 60GB with upgrade to 250GB
    Controller type: DS3 or 6 axis, makes no odds
    Track [if any] where error occurs: All
    Online/Offline: Online, don't know about offline.

When I select a zone ship skin, I don't get it. I get the old version of the ship. For example, if I select the zone battle skin for Goteki 45, then instead of that skin, I get the HD version of Goteki 45. This also happens if zone battle mode is raced and then the host changes to a different mode - the ship will revert to the old model. Essentially, I cannot currently select any of the alternative skins for new ships when playing online. It may the same for offline too, I don't know.
    Last edited by SaturnReturn; 30th July 2009 at 09:38 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Haywire_Guy

Game region version: PAL (Australia)
    Game Update number: 2.01
    Firmware version: 2.74
    Console version & hard drive size: CECHH04 40GB
    Track: Synchopia
    Race type: Zone

@ Polipino: Yes same i get the lockup occasionally too. but it registers the (X) okay then when its about to fade, freezes and i have to restart the console.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Console version and harddrive size: 60 Gig, with backwards compatibility
    Options settings: Default
    Track [if any] where error occurs: N/A

No problem with offline play. But when I try to get online while logged on to PSN with my main account, there is a message saying "an error occurred while updating the game. please try again". I couldn't even get to the Location List screen.

But when I use my two other alternate PSN accounts, there was no problem. I could go online join and create games.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    PafDuck

Game region version: France
    Game update number: 2.01 Fury
    Console version and harddrive size: 40 G
    Track [if any] where error occurs: Talon's Junction

No update on my records, Time trial and Single race venom, since few days.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    BDT

Game region version NL (EU)
    Game update number : 2.01 Fury
    Console version and harddrive size: 40GB
    Controller type: Sixaxis

Never had any problem with the initial release of WipeOut HD, but since I downloaded the update(i think it was 1.40, the one before 2.0 it was) a couple of weeks ago, the game has problems with the music. I'm playing the campaign and during a race the music begins to stutter and the gameplay had some stutter too. The music will stutter some more and after some seconds(10 to 30) the music completely stops. All soundeffects still work and gameplay will continue like there is no problem. When I complete the race, most of the time I can return to the menu but once it hang on the autosave screen. So when I return in the menu(also without any music, but with sounds effects) and select the next race the loading screen will pop up. But it never loads the next track and hangs on me on the loading screen. The 'loading bar' is 90% full all times this happened.

Only a hard reset works.

Also it only happened so far on the HD tracks, not on the Fury tracks. I did not play so much Fury, so maybe it will happen there as well... I also tried to turn of music effects, but it didn't help.

What could it be?

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Game region version [EU or what]: EU
    Game update number [downloaded fixes]: 2.01 + Fury
    Console version and harddrive size: PAL 60GB (with sw PS2 BC)
    Controller type: both
    Options settings: R1 absorbing, R2 firing, square switches sides etc...
    Track [if any] where error occurs: various?

like others sometimes I can't collect the weapons on Eliminator. I here the "ding", but the weapon isn't there. Not sure which track(s). I think to remember even the HD ones.

Still in Eliminator the frame rate may drop drastically.

I'd like to have an option to shuffle ALL music in my PS3. I looked for it a couple of times but I didn't manage to find it. Only albums and playlists

Sometimes joining on-line games (from the room) the screen gets stuck.

Could you add a custom controller setting for Detonator? I'd like to use X on that for firing. With my custom settings I have to use R1 and it cramps my finger to use both R1 and R2.

Last but not least: please don't add ads in the EU version (I saw you removed it from the US one as well). If you really must do it put it in the in-game screens.
    Last edited by Michelasso; 10th August 2009 at 01:25 PM.

Default Moderator message.

This not a wish list, so please do not make the Studio Liverpool people working on fixes use their time on reading such; please restrict the posts to a description of the actual malfunctions.

PSN ID
    Crobweb

Game region version [EU or what]: ?
    Game update number [downloaded fixes]: 2.01 + Fury
    Firmware version: ???
    Console version and harddrive size: ???
    Custom soundtrack, yes or no: ???
    Controller type: ???
    Options settings: TT / SL
    Track [if any] where error occurs: ???

Someone reported an issue to me via PSN with ghosts being out of sync (i.e. when they start a new lap the ghost is not starting at the same time).

Update:
    If anyone else is experiencing this please can you log a new issue here with as much detail as possible? (If thats ok with you Lance )
    Last edited by Crob; 15th August 2009 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Stop Lance getting angry

Default Moderator message.

This is a fixed format, reports only, no-reply thread. All reply and/or comment posts are deleted.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Game region version: —
    Game update version:2.01
    Console version and hard-drive size: —
    Custom soundtrack: —
    Controller type: —
    Track [if any] where error occurs: —
    Online/Offline: Detonator

1. Bomb does not always spawn/spawns incorrectly.
      The Bomb can sometimes be absent for an entire lap, you have no idea where it is and no cue comes up, either visual or audio. It counts as if you had missed a Bomb at the end. It can also spawn incorrectly, I've seen it spawn right below the first jump on Syncopia, where it is impossible to shoot. Sometimes the cue comes up when it spawns there, sometimes it doesn't.
    2. Mines spawn incorrectly.
      Same problem as the Bomb, Mines can sometimes spawn in unreachable places, like under the first jump on Syncopia, or on the track walls as in this case of Sebenco.
    3. Chain Bonus cues supersede Bomb warnings.
      It should be the contrary, for obvious reasons: Bombs are generally worth more points than Chain Bonuses.
    4. Bomb warning cue never happens.
      In some cases, the Bomb warning cue, visual or audio, never happens, even if the Bomb has spawned correctly and is right in front of you.
    5. Bomb spawning 25 meters from the start. (Aka "too damn close!")
      This causes bugs in the warning cues, for both when the problematic Bomb spawns and the next one after, no matter where this second one spawns. When the first Bomb spawns 25 meters from the start, there is no audio or visual cue whatsoever. When you come back to the start line to complete a lap, the visual/audio cue plays. But then it does not play for the following Bomb on the next lap!

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

Game region version AU (EU)
    Game update number : 2.01 Fury
    Console version and harddrive size: 60GB
    Custom soundtrack, yes or no: Yes
    Controller type: Sixaxis

None of my records are updating online now. It tries to Sync the records everytime I enter the records menu and everytime I exit it. Usually it only did it (once) when I got a new record offline and Sync'd when I came back on, beliving to me the Syncing atm as stuffed.