Firmware version: 2.70 (FIXED w/ 2.80)
    Console version and harddrive size: 80GB
    Custom soundtrack: Yes
    Controller type: DualShock 3
    Options settings: online races mostly phantom
    Motion Control: OFF
    Track: Various, single races for me
    Online/Offline: Online

It started w/ 1.30 und is still happening w/ 1.40 that when joining a race at the wrong time (when the host starts the race and I try to join), I'm not able or allowed tp select a ship and the track will instantly start to load. When this happens I know for 100% that my system is going to crash/freeze.

Looks like this: joining, no ship select, track loading screen progress indicator fills up to 100% as it should, the icon to the right keeps its animation for ~ 20 seconds. the icon-anim stops and the PS3 won't respond to anything. reset and next try.
    Last edited by Constrictor; 5th July 2009 at 03:38 PM. Reason: think this was fixed by FW 2.80>

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

Game region version: EU
    Game update number: 1.40
    Firmware version: 2.70
    Console version and harddrive size: 40GB (original HDD)
    Custom soundtrack: NO
    Options settings: Phantom, Weapons ON, 6 laps, Pilot Assist OFF, Motion Control OFF.
    Track: All

Bug description:
    At the end of the race, and I can check my worldwide ranking from my time, but it only compare the time from the same track & league (in my case : phantom).
    Since I run 1 or 2 laps more than the normal number of laps (5 laps in phantom) I have a very bad ranking (>2000).
    The same happens when comparing the times of friends.

It should compare only for time done with the same settings (track + league + weapons + laps + BR) don't you think ?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    AKRO2

Console version and harddrive size: 60GB
    Options settings: TT venom, flash, rapier, phantom
    Track: all I think (2 last tested : Anulpha & VinantaK Reverse)
    Online/Offline: Offline

Bug description:
    Only on Time Trial, my best time's ghost, isn't select. It's an other random ghost with me on the track,
    and somtimes it's not the same ship too.
    The last time I used the "Icaras" and one of the bad ghost was a piranha... o_O
    It's a realy big problem, cause impossible to grown up our scores and your best TT's ghost is definitely lost.
    This problem apeared since the V 1.30 and lot of people have the same one problem.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

Console version and harddrive size: 40GB (original HDD)
    Options settings: Phantom, Weapons ON, 5 laps, Pilot Assist OFF, Motion Control OFF.
    Track: Moa Therma (front), Ubermall (front)

Bug description:
    Some weapon pads were OFF the whole race.
    I was running 1st on both races, but the first weapon pad on Moa Therma (front) and the 2nd one on Ubermall (just before the division of the track) were constantly OFF during the whole race (5 laps).
    Like I said I was 1st, with a 2-3 sec gap, and it couldn't have been some slow ships since they weren't so bad to be lapped right from the begining and the following pads were all ON.

PSN ID
    madwiperII

Game region version [EU or what]: EU
    Game update number [downloaded fixes]: 1.40
    Firmware version:
    Console version and harddrive size: 80GB
    Custom soundtrack, yes or no: Yes
    Controller type: Six-axis, vibration, sony official
    Options settings: Moa therma, allow assist: off, phantom, icaras: third skin.
    Track [if any] where error occurs: Moa therma

Description:
    Online, 7 players total, Me hosting. On the mag strip section the entire PS3 crashed rendering all user input ignored. Image froze, yet music continued to play perfectly. Only happened once.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Thegide

Game region version: NA
    Console version and harddrive size: 60GB (launch)
    Controller type: Sixaxis
    Options settings: Pilot Assist OFF, Motion Control PITCH.
    Track: Any?
    Online/Offline: Online (Lobby)

Bug description:

Attempting to spectate a race in progress yields a white screen only. First two occasions resolved themselves after race ended and I was returned to the lobby. Third occasion froze PS3 and required hard reboot.

As of this writing, I have been unable to spectate any races properly (being able to actually watch the race).

Timezone
    GMT -6

Game region version: NA
    Console version and harddrive size: 60GB
    Controller type: Dual Shock 3

BUG DESCRIPTION

For some reason I haven't been able to connect to the online lobby since the game's launch. Always gives me the "Network Error" screen on my default user/PSN ID, yet if I log in on a random newly made account, it goes to the lobby no problem. So because of this, I know it's not my network settings or anything.

This is the only game that has this strange problem as well.

Game region version: PAL EU
    Game update number: 1.30 & 1.40
    Console version and harddrive size: 40GB
    Custom soundtrack: no
    Controller type: SixAxis
    Options settings: Time Trial
    Motion Control: On Pitch only
    Track: Various, Moe Therma

Some wierd stuff happend last nigth, was playing MOE THERMA on time ,
    But i played with assagai and when i quite not sure what happend but i was fnished with the race and it FROZE, couldt do anything and it was SAVING ! as well so i was well scared, but i restarted my PS3 and thank god save was still fine, after this i took a backup of my save , but i hope it dont happen again.

Glac

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Drugs-Bunny

Firmware version: 2.76
    Console version and harddrive size: 60 GB
    Options settings: Single Race

On alot of occasions my PS3 completely locks up when I join a race at the exact moment the race-leader starts the race from within the lobby. I'm presented with the loading screen but the whole console gets stuck when the loading bar completes. The only solution is to do a hard-reset or turn the PS3 off and on. I'd suggest that a couple of more seconds be put on the count-down timer for when the race-leader starts the race manually, that would also allow racers to choose a different craft that suits the specific track better.

You couldn't imagine all the times I've joined a race only for the race-leader to start the race immediately when the room is full or when he's happy with the number of players.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    prometheus1280

Unhappy All sound stops at random places, remains that way until Wipeout HD is exited.

Game region version [EU or what]: US
    Firmware version: 2.76
    Console version and harddrive size: November 2008, NTSC, 80 GB
    Custom soundtrack, yes or no: No
    Controller type: Dualshock 3 / Sixaxis
    Options settings: Default
    Track [if any] where error occurs: Any
    Online/Offline: offline

Music and sound effects will be functioning fine, then all sound will cease at random. This does not occur every gaming session, but does seem to happen when loading a track, or when transitioning from the load screen to the actual race. Also happens at other random times.

The only way to get the sound functioning again is to exit the game and re-enter.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Game region version: —
    Game update version:1.40
    Firmware version:2.80
    Console version and hard-drive size: —
    Custom soundtrack: —
    Controller type: —
    Options settings: —
    Track [if any] where error occurs: —
    Online/Offline: —

Hohum.

Anti-gravity lamp post.

I'm not sure if I should be able to see that or not...

Taking a swim:

Lol... Haven't tried with pointy ships. (Turbo required)

Still haven't toured all the tracks, so haven't found everything. If you want more info on how I do it, PM.
    Nothing in this is game breaking, but you may want to fix it. Depends if you want us to see these things or not.
    Oh yeah, there are missing respawn zones on Metropia and Anulpha Pass as well, just not as obvious so it's hard to take screenshots. Again nothing that can be used. Just fun

PSN ID
    Reezellthia

When using spectator mode, if you join a race then it finishes in say 10 seconds after you started watching. If you then press square at the results screen for the time rankings, you will get a time of 10 seconds. It doesn't save to leaderboard but does save to your personal records. Very annoying.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

First, I want to say that I finally got the unusable leech beam glitch on another track, Sol 2 reverse. Same scenario, in the first corner of the lap I pass over the first pad, absorb the powerup (I think it was autopilot, but it doesn't matter) pass over the second pad, hear the beep, the leech beam effect comes up but not the useable weapon.
    Now, this glitch is game breaking for a reason: it prevents anyone else in the race from picking up a Leech Beam, and also for the person with the glitch.
    And there is a second glitch underneath it: please fix the weapon pad pickup function. When I pass over a pad and have no weapon in my item slot, I expect to pick something up. Sadly, it happens too many times that you pass over a pad just after firing/using/absorbing your previous pickup that you hear the beep, the pad turns dark, but you get nothing. This is a glitch, and needs to be fixed particularly if Eliminator is coming out soon. Make weapon pickups appear instantly in the weapon slot, no more of this silly animation thing because apparently that is the cause of these two problems: the delay between passing over the pad and the animation of the pickup appearing in the slot ending. Also another reason to remove these animations is because it takes at least .2 seconds for the pickup to appear, this should be instantaneous.

Screenshot of the leech beam bug on Sol 2:

Additionally, I also found another way out of Vineta-K. This track is a real Gruyère

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Exclamation

Game region version [EU or what]: EU
    Firmware version: 2.80
    Console version and harddrive size: console w/o PS2-compatibility, harddrive upgraded to 500GB (standard = 40GB)
    Custom soundtrack, yes or no: NO
    Controller type: Dual Shock
    Options settings: Zone Mode
    Track [if any] where error occurs: Anulpha Pass forward

I found out about a glitch that allows anyone to complete Zone Zeus. A friend on PSN found it out and was willing to share his secret to me. (since I already got it, earned the hard way!)

I'm not going to share how to perform it, because this forum is publically accessible. I hope one of the developers is kind enough to contact me so I can show it. The glitch was caught on video.

When I checked the leaderboard I was shocked to find out that many players abused this cheat in order to get the zone zeus trophy. You can tell by the low amount (often less than 10) of perfect zones, that they glitched through it.. non-perfect zone means you took damage and if you take damage every zone you are destroyed before you can reach 75. The day I earned it only 2 people had a weird score (1000+ zones, and just 3 perfect zones), but now it's way more.. Please end this!

It would be even greater if the zone zeus trophies could be removed from the cheaters-profiles, but I doubt that'll be possible. Please contact me fast so that this will stay a rare trophy.., and ofcourse to keep the leaderboards honest.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Default Pop in issues

Game region version: NTSC
    Game update version: 2.00
    Console version and hard-drive size: 60GB
    Controller type: DS3
    Options settings: I don't think this can have an impact
    Track [if any] where error occurs: Listed below
    Online/Offline: Offline/Online

Sol 2 Reverse:
    Pictured. The cloud sprite pops into view, sometimes it can be deconcentrating because its a relatively large object. This was present in V1.40 of the game.

Additional: shadow bug. If you move forward from this position, the cabin's shadow will be drawn progressively until the whole shadow is complete.

Anulpha Pass Forward:
    When you drop down from the Anulpha Pass to do that last roll for Beat Zico, the start/finish line screens (The ones with the countdown and the two next to it) and some other small things pop into view. Impossible to capture in photo mode, only viewable live or through video.

Ubermall Forward:
    When you reach the height in the screenshot, using a traditional boost over the climb to do the well known barrel roll, and are perfectly centred with the track, the section highlighted in the screenshot below pops out and back into view for a split second. The screenshot was taken moments after the pop back into view so you need to be a little further back to be in the "popped out" moment, though the missing part is impossible to capture in photo mode, only viewable live or through video.

Ubermall Reverse:
    When performing the shortcut, the supporting part of the track pops out of view when you get closer to it. Impossible to capture in photo mode, only viewable live or through video. This was present in V1.40 of the game, and older.

EDIT:
    The more I play, the more I notice the pop in. It is apparent that you have changed the way the game is optimized to draw the objects only in view, unfortunately there is a delay between when you could see the object and when this object is actually shown (or pop in). Honestly it leaves the feeling that the game is badly optimized because of this, I don't know if you could fix that.
    There is pop in on all tracks I've played so far.
    Last edited by Darkdrium777; 22nd July 2009 at 08:52 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Default Speed Lap causing system to freeze

Game region version: NTSC
    Game update version: 2.00
    Console version and hard-drive size: 200gb
    Custom soundtrack: No
    Options settings: Default
    Track [if any] where error occurs: All tracks

When playing a racebox speed lap upon finishing it or ending it the game goes to the screen to tally loyalty and show best times as soon as I hit the x button to go to the next screen the game freezes the PS3 and I have to hard boot to shut it down. Everything done on the speed lap is lost no loyalty gained and no records of times saved.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

Game update version:2.00
    Console version and hard-drive size: 40GB
    Controller type: ds3

My friends of listfriends can join me in a game "invite only" without i send them an invitation.

Default Freeze bug online overview

Firmware version: Latest PS3 firmware
    Console version and hard-drive size: 80GB

Happens in Fury and HD
    Game freezes hard when scrolling down fast in the online lobby.
    Only PS3 hard reset helps. (ASAP solve this plz)

Timezone
    GMT + 3
    PSN ID
    chalovak

Firmware version: Latest PS3 firmware
    Console version and hard-drive size: 60GB
    Online/Offline: -

Fury mistake, not a bug.
    There is a spelling mistake in Flip info (during Loading screen): defult instead of default.
    Last edited by chalovak; 23rd July 2009 at 08:29 PM.

PSN ID
    ShiFunski

Game update version:2.00 Fury Expansion
    Firmware version: Latest PS3 Firmware
    Console version and hard-drive size: 80GB
    Custom soundtrack: yes
    Controller type: standard dualshock
    Options settings: Eliminator
    Track [if any] where error occurs: First occurrence Anulpha Pass later on Tech De Ra

In my last games, it sometimes seemed that the weapon-pads were buggy.
    I was flying over one to pick up a weapon. The accustic sign was there but i had no weapon in my slot. Afaik its only in Eliminator.
    Happens irregulary up to 3 times in a match in my case.