Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WipEout HD Fury Offical Issue Report - PS3 ONLY

Default WipEout HD Fury Offical Issue Report - PS3 ONLY

Report bugs in HD in the standard format shown below. Your expanded explanations and comments on the bug are to follow the standard list of your hardware and software configurations at the time when the error occurs. It may useful to developers in attempts to correct the bugs in the present or future versions of the game.

All posts not following the standard format will be deleted.
    This thread is Only for bug reports, not for multiple users to discuss the reported issues.

This thread is an HD version of the one we have for Pulse. If you have suggestions for additional conditions relevant as possible causes of bugs, please send them to me in PM; I will edit the standard list in this opening post as necessary.

Title (a brief description of the issue)

Frequency (how many times you have experienced it)

Step by step guide (a run through of exactly what happened prior to the issue, explained in the simplest manner)

Result (The issue itself, what happened afterwards and what you did to try to fix the problem ie quitting back to the main menu.)

Online or Offline (where you signed into PSN at the time?)

PSN ID (Your PSN ID )
    Last edited by Hellfire_WZ; 23rd July 2012 at 05:45 PM. Reason: New template

Game downloaded from EU Store
    Firmware 2.41
    Custom Soundtrack On
    40gb PAL region PS3
    (Original HDD replaced with Western Digital 250gb)
    Motion control pitch only

Rapier time trial on Sol 2 in Campaign Mode, on first lap when sideshifting across the second speed pad, turbo symbol faded out and disapeared, and turbo was unavailable for rest of first lap. This kept repeating itself on race restarts. Going back to the grid and reloading cured the problem for the next race, but it returned periodically after that. This also happened periodically on a Moa Therma Flash TT in racebox.

I have also seen a tournament points bug, with the same configuration as above, but this has already been noted:

original post discussing tournament points bug

Timezone
    GMT -5

Game region version: NTSC (presumably? I bought it from the American PSN store)
    Firmware version: 2.42
    Console version and harddrive size: 80 GB w/ PS2 backwards compatibility (MGS4 bundle)
    Custom soundtrack, yes or no: Yes (more on this later)
    Controller type: DualShock 3 (currently playing with analog sticks+motion control pitch only)

I've noticed a couple of minor repeating online bugs.

No. 1: On two separate occasions, the host of online games has been locked out from making any decisions other than leaving the game. That is, they can't change the track or start the game, they are only left with the option to quit. The first time this happened, the host I was playing with had to quit, which effectively made me the host. As soon as I was made host, the problem carried to me, so it looks like the entire room got locked. The second time this happened, about a day later, it was a few races after I was hosting my own room.

No. 2: There have been a few instances where, while loading a new track, the load animation would chug a little. Upon starting the new track, voice chat and music were disabled, leaving only SFX. There are a few variables that might have contributed to this.
    1. Opening/closing the XMB while the game is loading (which I do often to send and reply to messages between races)
    2. Enabling "shuffle mode" for custom soundtracks rather than "sequential" (I have since changed it back to sequential)
    3. People trying to use voicechat while the game is loading (though I can only offer this as a secondhand observance -- I don't use voicechat myself)

Now, this happened to me three times in one night in the same room. The first time it happened, I quit from the room, quit the game, and re-entered. The second two times, music would reappear at the start of the next racetrack while voicechat sometimes wouldn't pop up again until after a couple of minutes had passed in the lobby (I would see the little voicechat icon appear dozens of times as if people were talking to one another, but I couldn't hear anything). Other contributing factors could be:
    • Every time this happened, it was during a tournament.
    • I seem to remember at least two instances of this occuring at Chengou Project.

No. 3: Less specifically, the game froze at the beginning of a few online races. I don't have 50+ online friends (the first time it froze, I only had three). I haven't really noticed a pattern to when this happens, but it's very infrequently. When it does happen, though, it's serious. There's nothing I can do to quit out of it but shut down the PS3 by the back power switch.

Game region version: PAL
    Firmware version: 2.41
    Console version and harddrive size: PAL 40GB (GT5P Bundle. No PS2 B/C)
    Custom soundtrack, yes or no: Yes
    Controller type: Sixaxis, Motion Controls Off

Recently I was racing online, and hit the PS button out of boredom during a "Loading Race" screen. That was a bad idea. I pressed it again to return to the loading screen, which then chugged a lot and slowed right down. Eventually, it did load, but on the start grid (Chenghou Project), everyone's ships except mine rose up, then went. The "3-2-1" then started, and I went about 30 seconds later! It was like my game was in the past compared to everyone else's.

....still came 2nd in that race though

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Virtical

Game region version: PAL
    Console version and harddrive size: 40 GB w/o PS2 compatibility (MGS4 bundle)
    Custom soundtrack, yes or no: No
    Controller type: DualShock 3 (D-pad & pitch motion controls)
    Track: Multiple

In Speed lap mode on a couple of different tracks now, at any point in race, the game will quit to the main menu, menu music will play but the HUD will stay on screen also, over top of the menu, it will also shake periodically (presumably when my ship hits a wall or something), selecting any of the menu options causes the game to crash and i have to hard reboot to recover, only happened 3 times, if it repeats ill remember to get a photo with my phone
    Last edited by Virtical; 2nd October 2008 at 03:07 PM. Reason: typo+little exta info

Game region version: EU
    Firmware version: 2.43
    Console version and harddrive size: 500 gig sammy (60gig original)
    Custom soundtrack, yes or no: no
    Controller type:dualshock 3 (motion off)
    Options settings: none
    Track [if any] where error occurs:all
    Online/Offline: both

Continuous stuttering/skipping of ingame music

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Game region version [EU or what]: EU
    Firmware version: 2.41
    Console version and harddrive size: 40GB GTP5 pack
    Custom soundtrack, yes or no: yes
    Controller type: DS3
    Options settings: Motion control pitch only
    Track [if any] where error occurs: Chenghou Project
    Online/Offline: Offline Race Campaign, SR weapons on

I was not able to preform BRs all the time, even on the big jump where I got enough time to hit the d-pad in the right way. Some worked, a lot didn't.

Too bad this isn't solved, we have seen it in Pure in Pulse and now in HD!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

They do feel a little inconsistent, yes. Sometimes I am absolutely sure I did the movement correctly, and it just won't do a roll. Can't say 100% sure that it's not due to lazy input.

Here's another very strange bug I have:

Console version and harddrive size: 80GB newest model
    Custom soundtrack: yes
    Track [if any] where error occurs: all
    Online/Offline: online only

As soon as I sign in to the online servers, the word PRESS appears at the upper right corner of my screen. I reduced the screen size in the options to see if there was anything else, and there indeed was: PRESS SELECT TO... (rest was offscreen). When I pressed select, something resembling a debug menu appeared, then the PS3 froze. I got pretty scared and did a hard reset. Now it appears everytime I log onto online, it even stays there during a race (layering right on top of the position display of the HUD). Needless to say I don't dare pressing select anymore...

Default Mod message.

I repeat from the starter post:

All posts not following the standard format will be deleted.
    This thread is Only for bug reports, not for multiple users to discuss the reported issues.

Confirmations and requests for further data about a specific report may be made via PMs.
    Multiple reports of a specific bug justify starting a separate thread for discussion of that bug if a thread for it does not already exist.

Yes, I know I'm a curmudgeonly hard-ass.

PSN ID
    asymel

Game region version: PAL (French)
    Console version and harddrive size: PAL 60GB (first model)
    Controller type: DualShock 2 Sixaxis
    Bluetooth: Nokia BH-102
    View: Inside by default
    Screen resolution: 96%
    drinving assistance: No
    HUD style: HD
    Control settings: Default
    Custom soundtrack: Yes
    Track: Moa Therma reverse
    Race type: Single race
    Online: Yes

Bug description :
    I was playing online with on Moa Therma online with maybe 6 or 7 players.
    In the first lap, i had leech beam but I was unable to use it and it was not in HUD but i still had the blue power ball at the front of the ship.
    I tried to change view (i was inside by default) but it did not change anything.
    I was able to get other weapons and use them normally.
    I had this blue ball during all the race.
    I did not have it in the next race.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

Game region version: US
    Console version and harddrive size: 60gb unit from first year
    Custom soundtrack, yes or no: Yes
    Controller type: Six axis
    Options settings: HD Hud, Motion off, custom control settings, PA off
    Track [if any] where error occurs: Moa Therma, Online lobby
    Online/Offline: Online

I was playing on Moa Therma last night, activated the voice chat, and the game locked up for about 10 seconds. It came back on, and I was in the same place, everyone on the course had zoomed by, 1st to 6th because I pressed one button. Also, next time I pressed the voice chat button (back in the lobby) the same thing happened, the game just stopped working completely.

Second issue I am having is that if you pull up the XMB to check messages while the game is loading, it also slows everything way down. Sometimes getting stuck and you get a delayed start to the race.

Third issue being added. My game skips and chugs when tracks flip over on the games soundtrack. Funnily enough, this does not happen with my custom soundtrack. I use the function that picks up right where you left off at the end of a race, so the music is starting from where it stopped on a new race (forget the name at the moment.
    Last edited by Rubix42; 6th October 2008 at 08:13 PM. Reason: added an issue

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I.

Console version and harddrive size: 60GB NTSC
    Custom soundtrack, yes or no: Yes, sequential, volume set to 0% at the time though
    Controller type: Dualshock 3
    Options settings: Motion set to pitch only, all sensitivities at 100%, airbrakes and chat/look back buttons reversed (1s for brakes, 2s for the others)
    Track [if any] where error occurs: Vineta K
    Online/Offline: Online Phantom Single race

First lap was not even completed. Coming up the last bend, I activate a shield and look back, the console froze immediately after I pressed the look back buttons.

II.

Track [if any] where error occurs: Everywhere
    Online/Offline: Online All modes

Weapon pads appear to be activated and have a pickup ready (Glowing red), but when you pass over them nothing comes up. Multiple people with whom I have played have had this problem. Is not related to hosting, as it has happened when I joined the game someone else hosted.
    Last edited by Darkdrium777; 10th October 2008 at 04:27 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Syntek

Thumbs down

Game region version [EU or what]: US
    Console version and harddrive size: 80GB Motorstorm Bundle (July 2007 Manufactured)
    Custom soundtrack, yes or no: Yes and No
    Controller type: Dual Shock 3
    Options settings: Motion Off, Acceleration 10%, Air brakes 100%, Game Screen 100%, Control buttons default.
    Track [if any] where error occurs: Any
    Online/Offline: Offline

I think the picture is self explanitory. Elite AI, Flash speed. (tried with the other speed settings as well)

Fix the AI on elite settings. That is ridiculous. Mind you, I was running a perfect race with barely any crashing and avoided bombs and mines with the shield. The picture of the boost was my 5th, yes, 5th one and the AI still managed to get 7.4 seconds ahead of me? This isn't the first time it's happened either.
    Last edited by Syntek; 6th October 2008 at 07:59 AM.

Tampere, Finland (Land of Xios and Outpost 7!)
    Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Shozovulnai

Console version and harddrive size: PAL 40GB
    Custom soundtrack: Yes
    Controller type: Normal
    Track [if any] where error occurs: Don't remember anymore

I was online racing a tournament when halfway through the tournament I came first and got more than eight points which screwed up the record board and made the whole tournament kinda pointless since I was first with fixed points. I won most of the races, lost maybe two too. And after the tournament somebody sent me a message and called me a cheater.

Yeah, Elite difficulty could be tuned to be a bit more softer, since it cheats all the time and winning it needs times that are Top 10 Global quality. Sebenco Climb Phantom Elite is a total killer. Nobody can drive perfect lines like those! (well, maybe some guys from this board, but it's a special exception)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Paradoxx

Game region version [EU or what]:EU
    Console version and harddrive size: 60Go
    Online/Offline: both

Brightness after a bomb.

When a bomb explodes, it produces a gfx and the increasing of the brighteness... The bug is that when you are killed by a bomb, and if you restart the same track (more visible on Sol 2), the brighteness stays high. The only way to move the gfx is to go back to the menu and then restart the track.

Lance, see the screenshots in your PM.
    Last edited by Paradoxx; 9th October 2008 at 07:44 AM.

Default Mod message.

I do not need to see the screenshots since I don't work for Sony and do not need them for analysis of the problem. A link to one or two carefully selected photos would be what the people who work on the game could find useful.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Complementary information about the ''Press Select'' bug.

Custom soundtrack, yes or no: yes, sequential, volume 100%
    Options settings: Motion to pitch 100%, airbrake 100%, accel 10%
    Track [if any] where error occurs: Menu and in-game

This bug has appeared after I have added friends, to get over the 50 friends. Prior to that, it was not happening. After, when I finished accepting everyone, I signed back online on WipEout HD and the bug immediately occurred. Of course selecting one of the options immediately froze the console. Pressing the ''Back'' button was fine though. So this seems to be tied to how many friends you have...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Game region: US
    Game version: 1.10
    Custom soundtrack, yes or no: Yes, sequential, volume set to 100%
    Options settings: Tags on, camera internal, motion to pitch 100%, accel 10%, airbrakes 100%.
    Track [if any] where error occurs: N/A
    Online/Offline: Online Tournament

The point bug is still present. After I updated I jumped into a Phantom tournament on seven tracks, and I lost 43 to 49 despite having won all the races with at least a 5 second lead. It started with eight people playing, and five left, either because they noticed the bug too, or because I was beating them sometimes with a full lap.
    Last edited by Lance; 11th October 2008 at 03:06 AM. Reason: Removed no longer needed format note.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Console version and harddrive size: 80GB newest model
    Custom soundtrack: yes
    Track [if any] where error occurs: not track related
    Online/Offline: online only

I create a new game online, some people enter. Others (in that case 'haymister') are strangely unable to even see my game on the list.

I'm in another person's lobby (in that case 'kanar'). I leave the lobby, meanwhile people who previously couldn't see my lobby (in that case 'haymister') enter the lobby. I try to re-enter the lobby, but it gives me an error message, even though there still were free spots.

I remember similar problems from xLink sessions on Pure - some people just seemed to be incompatible, couldn't see each other.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Game region version: Australia/PAL
    Console version and harddrive size: 60GB original model
    Custom soundtrack: no
    Controller type: sixaxis normal
    Options settings: Default
    Track [if any] where error occurs: not track related
    Online/Offline: online only.
    Latest WO game patch installed.

Same as elhabib's problem.

I create a game online for an 8 player tournament with friends filter applied and 2 others cannot see it on the board.
    This has happened on 5 different occasions and with 7 different friends.
    I messaged the ones that could not see the race on the board to host the tournament instead.
    Once that was done everybody could see it on the board.
    Seems to happen to certain friends all the time,others immune from the problem.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 12th October 2008 at 04:18 AM. Reason: additional information