Game region version: EU
    Firmware version: 2.42
    Console version and harddrive size: 40gb with a new hdd
    Custom soundtrack, yes or no: Yes
    Controller type: DS3
    Options settings: n/a
    Track [if any] where error occurs: n/a
    Online/Offline: Online

someone quit, or otherwise disconnected between race being started from lobby and everyone sitting on grid. their tag was renamed to "NULL POINTER..." something or other and sat on start/finish for duration of race. Happened twice yesterday, both in tournaments i think

Timezone
    GMT -5

Game region version: NTSC
    Firmware version: 2.50
    Console version and harddrive size: 80 GB w/ PS2 backwards compatibility (MGS4 bundle)
    Controller type: DualShock 3

The game froze during the results screen as I was opening a message in XMB. Had to restart the PS3 (this time via the touch-power button, not the back switch).

Opening the XMB in between races seems to cause a lot of problems in general, but without voicechat, it's the only way to communicate with people.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    rejj

Game region version [EU or what]: AUS
    Game update number [downloaded fixes]: 1.10
    Console version and harddrive size: 40gb
    Custom soundtrack, yes or no: sometimes yes, sometimes no
    Controller type: dualshock 3
    Options settings: default
    Track [if any] where error occurs: all (in menus)
    Online/Offline: online, technically?

"Friends" mode on any of the leaderboards does not show anyone in my friends list, even though I know a few of them have wipeout hd. It only shows my own times.

My friends have reported the exact same problem, none of them see anyone else either -- just themselves.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

Game region version [EU or what]: EU
    Game update number [downloaded fixes]: 1.10
    Firmware version: 2.50 and 2.42
    Console version and harddrive size: EU 40 Go
    Custom soundtrack, yes or no: No
    Controller type: Sixaxis or DS3
    Options settings: whatever
    Track [if any] where error occurs: all
    Online/Offline: online

During the tournaments, if a player is disconnected, voluntarily or not at the end of a race, for displaying results, he becomes last in the race, get points in the last place, and all players finished behind him earn a place and steal the player's previous time record!

Timezone
    GMT -5

Console version and harddrive size: 80 GB w/ PS2 backwards compatibility (MGS4 bundle)

I had just started a race in campaign mode (specifically, the single race Anulpha Pass at Meltdown [phantom class]) and as soon as I crossed the finish line from my starting position to begin the first lap, the game instantly crashed to the main menu screen. Except, it was as if the game was straddling both the menu screen and the race at the same time. I could hear both the main menu music and music from my custom soundtrack. I could see the race HUD imposed over the menu. If I pressed left on the controller, the main menu option would scroll to the left choice and the HUD would angle slightly to the left, as if I were still racing a ship.

I tried selecting Racebox, just to see what would happen, and the graphics froze (the music continued). I couldn't give input from the controller, so I ended up shutting down the PS3 by holding my finger over the touch-power button at the front of the console for a few seconds.

Earlier in the thread, "Virtical" has said that they encountered this problem three times, except in that case it seemed to be associated with Speed Lap events.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Game region: US
    Game version: 1.10
    Console version and harddrive size: 60GB NTSC
    Custom soundtrack, yes or no: Yes, sequential, volume set to 100%
    Controller type: Dualshock 3
    Options settings: Tags on, camera external close, motion to pitch 100%, accel 10%, airbrakes 100%.
    Track [if any] where error occurs: ALL
    Online/Offline: Online ALL MODES

WHY IS IT THAT IF WE AVOID A BOMB WITH A TEN METER DISTANCE IT STILL BLOWS UP ON US???!!!
    That is ****ing ridiculous, and it pisses me off so much (Actually quit a race right now because of it)
    FIX IT!

Timezone
    GMT -5

Actually, the above report reminds me: I've passed straight through dozens of bombs in HD without them going off. I especially notice it when playing online. I don't know why exactly, but I've made it by a lot of them knowing full well that they should have gone off.

On second thought, maybe this is one bug I shouldn't report...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Options settings: Tags on, camera external close, motion to pitch 100%, accel 10%, airbrakes 100%.
    Track [if any] where error occurs: All tracks, but this specific instance on Chengou Project Reverse
    Online/Offline: Offline

The screenshots speak for themselves so I will just explain what I did in order to obtain them.

So there I am racing on Phantom in Racebox as usual trying to get a good single race time to improve my online ranking and I am in critical need of energy, so I come up the final magstrip before the finish line on Chengou Project Reverse, which has a X > X setup (Weapon-Speed-Weapon pads), I pick up the first weapon, absorb it immediately after and it seems some sort of timing thing happened when I passed the second pad: I heard the beep, the leech beam effect came up, but the weapon's icon did not. So there I was, with a useless leech beam at the front of my ship. I thought: if I get another weapon it might get rid of it, either by just picking it up or firing it or absorbing it, but no. The sucker (Literally and figuratively speaking ) stayed there, so by the end of the fourth lap I had picked up a quake and decided to do screenshots of this bug, one with the quake in the weapon slot that clearly shows something is wrong, and then one when I absorb it. These are the first two sequential screenshots.
    After, this is when I decided to do some extensive testing: I went under the ''bridge'' in the little tunnel section after the section with no walls (Before the infamous slanted turn, which is flattened in Reverse mode), it has two weapon pads next to each other so I could very easily sideshift between them, picking up various powerups. Well, I stayed there for a few minutes (As evidenced by the last lap time), and every single power up BUT the leech came up. Somehow, the fact that I had only the effect showing prevented me from ever obtaining a ''second leech''. I got a few quakes though, and I fired them off for the fun of it, which is when I noticed the SECOND bug. When the quake passes on top of the tunnel, the effect still shows on the bottom section, but it weirdly goes sideways, from one wall to the other wall. It doesn't do any damage, so that's good, however it still affects the driving of the ship, because the ship goes up and down with the sideways wave, and I can only imagine what would happen if someone actually drove at Phantom speed on that small bump, they would inevitably hit the roof of the tunnel, as I was getting quite close myself without even driving.
    So, two bugs for the price of one, right?
    Anyways, I did some testing on other tracks as well, and when you absorb a pickup just a little before passing onto another weapon pad, you will hear the second beep, but you will not get any pickup, and the weapon pad will turn off until it respawns. It seems this specific instance was me being lucky and getting the invisible leech when doing just that trick of absorbing a split second before the weapon pad, as I did not see it happen again later. I am sure however it would come up if you played there with it for a few minutes, but I was racing.
    So I guess there is some work to do on the weapon pads, if you could fix this issue, the Chengou Project ''sideways quake'' and since you'll be looking at the weapon pads anyways, try to find out a way to make all the pads work online (Because sometimes online, as I have mentioned before, you can drive over them when they are red but you will not get anything, not even a beep).
    Thanks for reading.

Screenshots below:
    Last edited by Darkdrium777; 23rd October 2008 at 12:27 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Track [if any] where error occurs: Sebenco Reverse

Hey it's me again.
    I noticed this graphic thing while playing Zone (Obviously) on Sebenco Reverse: the textures seem misaligned. It does that for all colours, I just took the screenshots when it was gold because it was made more obvious. I don't know if it's possible for you guys to correct it, but anyways, just doing the job. It's after the first left turn at the start of the lap, before the zig-zag part going down into the cave. I think you know the spot It's only on this specific part of the track. I checked on Sebenco Forward to see if it's there as well but it isn't.

EDIT: OK. Somehow you place a part of a track on top of the track? What for? I just noticed this because I went back and hugged the wall specifically to do this and umm... Well for whatever reason you placed this part of track on top of the real track, it doesn't really blend in properly. Firstly because of the misaligned equalizers but also because you can see ''both'' walls if you get close enough (The fake wall from the added part and the real wall under it).

EDIT2: Oh I see what you did there, it is also in Sebenco Reverse the normal race, but it is made less obvious because of the texture use. But if you stop there you clearly notice it. Can't you make it so that the flimsy walls of this added piece blend in more with the real slanted walls of the track, and use the correct textures to blend the whole piece in with the rest of the track? I realize you did this to smoothen out the jump, it works well for that but IMHO it needs some finalizing We don't notice this part at high speed but when you stop you see that something is clearly wrong, well not wrong but just weird.

Screenshots:
    Last edited by Darkdrium777; 1st November 2008 at 05:02 PM.

PSN ID
    AVENGER2197

Firmware: 2.50
    Console and harddrive type: 60 GB NTSC
    Custom Soundtrack: yes
    Options: Motion off, accel. 50%, brakes 50%,camera ext. far
    Track where error occured: Vineta K reverse

Report1: Basically the same bug as Darkdrium777 two posts above, along with an accompaniment to it. Certain ships(i.e. AG-SYS) skin colors change as a result of this bug. AG-SYS second skin is white w/ blue before the error, but after it is dark blue w/ white.O_o

Report 2: After completing the race at the main menu, I got up for a sec, certain it would go into demo mode upon my return, only this time the ships that fly around the W3O type ring at the menu were still on screen, with the sounds of the track being displayed in demo mode. The music was an amalgam of the menu tune and my soundtrack. Ultimately I had to reboot to clear it via the touch pad on the PS3.
    Last edited by Avenger2197; 4th November 2008 at 06:55 PM. Reason: added firmware

Timezone
    GMT -8

Game region version [EU or what]:US
    Game update number [downloaded fixes]:1.20
    Firmware version:2.52
    Console version and harddrive size:launch 60 (now has 160gig)
    Custom soundtrack, yes or no:no
    Controller type:dualshock white
    Options settings:
    Track [if any] where error occurs:sebenco
    Online/Offline: offline

it s under racebox phantom, weapons on, 1 player, elite, with the assagai and chrome skin. at the start everything fine, countdown then go.
    I do the speed start and airbrake plus i let go of the gas a little but take a very sharp turn close to the inside, onto the boost pad, do a barrel roll and all of a sudden i m number 7, and a feisar ship just appears from the sky (i swear this is true), sometimes from outside the first turn. then it always passes me with double speed on the 3rd corner like the computer is putting it back where it should be.
    if i do it right this happens about 80% of the time.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Firmware version: 2.52 with new patch 1.20
    Console version and harddrive size: 40GB GTP5 pack
    Custom soundtrack, yes or no: yes
    Controller type: DS3
    Options settings: Motion control pitch only
    Track [if any] where error occurs: Sol2 Reverse
    Online/Offline: Online, SR weapons on

Started 2nd on the grid with a superboost start, but before I launched everybody was long gone! All ships were ghosts, I was chasing the nr.1 for the final 2 laps and just before the finish I could pass him with a turbo. In the results it showed I finished with more than a second faster, while it should have been maybe 0.1 sec or something like that!

PS3 frooze when I pressed the PS-button to be able to write a message.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

Game update number [downloaded fixes]: 1.20
    Firmware version: 2.52
    Console version and harddrive size: 60GB
    Custom soundtrack, yes or no: yes
    Controller type: DS3 white
    Options settings: camera far, no motion sensing, brakes remapped to L1/R1, accel 10%, brake 100%

Track [if any] where error occurs: lobby

1) 8 players joined an online lobby, the host was the 3rd person, and he was choosing a ship (because the ship logo wasn't shown), and well it remained like that for 3 minutes or more, then everyone decided to go, I thought it wouldn't happen anymore with the new patch, or is it possible to have online players without that patch? or a bug!

2) when messaging people while in the lobby, I have to push HOME obviously, then when the game starts, sometimes it's not possible to go back to the game, only way is to shut down the console

3) again when messaging people in the lobby and going back, it goes back but the colors are faded (meaning they are darker), and sometimes it fixes itself when i go to another menu, sometimes it stays that way forever, even when starting a game, so the only option is to quit the game

PSN ID
    reubsy

Game region version [EU or what]:EU
    Game update number [downloaded fixes]:1.20
    Firmware version:2.52
    Console version and harddrive size:launch 60
    Custom soundtrack, yes or no:yes
    Controller type:dualshock
    Options settings:
    Track [if any] where error occurs:sebenco

I was the host, nothing wrong with my connection, racing with fiesar, first for the first lap, after compleating 4 more laps i realized i was now in 3rd place behind by 30 seconds. first lap = 22 seconds, second lap = 1.17.15, third lap = 22 seconds. i ended up doing 8 laps and still didnt finish the race.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Game update version:1.20
    Firmware version:2.53
    Console version and hard-drive size:60GB NTSC
    Options settings: Sequential playback, resumed playback, motion pitch, sentivity % to lowest.
    Track [if any] where error occurs: All
    Online/Offline: Offline, maybe online

When a ship is destroyed, the game lags. Enough said. :/

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    trentdf

Game region version: PAL ?
    Console version and hard-drive size:80GB PAL?
    Track [if any] where error occurs: Several (chengou and sebenco specifically, but irrelevant [i think])

Major problem- sebenco- got hit by rockets before a weapon pad was passed. wondering what happened, until a couple of days later, when i started the race (chengou), with a shield. :S
    Also had a prob on sol 2, where i wasnt having a bad race (not a good race though), and after a couple of laps where i was about 4 secs behind, the timer just sort of dissapears, comes back after another lap at about +1.47.22. Needless to say i lost the race

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Console version and hard-drive size:60GB NTSC
    Options settings: Sequential playback, resumed playback, motion pitch, sentivity % to lowest.
    Track [if any] where error occurs: NA

1. Consecutive shield activations make the second shield effective but invisible (You do hear the sound though).

2. I have managed to reproduce the unusable leech beam power-up glitch I talked about online, on Chengou Reverse still (It's the only track with X > X layout, so that may be why). It was cleared at the end of the race.

3. When selecting tracks for online races, sometimes the records indicated at the bottom will indicate under the "Team" category: "NULL_STRING_ID" or something similar.

Game update number: 1.20
    Firmware version: 2.53
    Console version and harddrive size: 80GB Core (August 200
    Custom soundtrack, yes or no: No
    Options settings: Standard
    Track where error occurs: Frenzy (second row from left, middle cell)

While completing a race in campaign mode (Frenzy--second row from left, middle cell), the game WILL NOT grant me the medal I earned. I've finished a number of races in first place but for some reason the game will not give me a gold medal, or any medal for that matter! First, second, or third place - NO MEDAL. I tried switching skill levels, and the game still does not give me a medal for first, second, or third place.

I'm not sure if it only affects this specific cell since I can't progress far enough to find out. I tried re-downloading and re-installing the game, but the same thing happens. I even went as far as restoring my PS3...no dice.

I had my friend download the game on his PS3, and I re-played everything and still---the same thing happens. No medal is given out, the race just ends with me getting first place. So I know this has nothing to do with my PS3.

PSN ID
    GenkaiSIX

Default Custom Soundtrack Error

Game region version: NTSC-J
    Game update number: 1.20
    Firmware version: 2.53
    Console version and harddrive size: CECHLOO CW 40gig
    Controller type: Dual Shock 3
    Options settings: Default
    Track [if any] where error occurs: Any
    Online/Offline: Online/Offline

1.Custom soundtracks ripped at 320k are playable through the PS3's media player, but not through Wipeout HD. I changed the bitrate on said MP3s to 256k and they play just fine. Is this an error or a limitation of the custom soundtrack feature on the PS3? Should be addressed regardless.

2.Using the default Wipeout HD hud, player name shows up as Player and not my PSN ID. Seems entirely random, offline only.
    Last edited by 0mnipresence; 3rd January 2009 at 04:59 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Game region version: Any
    Game update number: Any
    Firmware version: Any
    Console version and harddrive size: Any
    Custom soundtrack, yes or no: NA
    Controller type: NA
    Options settings: NA
    Track [if any] where error occurs: Any
    Online/Offline: Speed Lap

Not a bug, rather an inconvenience (And it's really nitpicking). When you do BRs in Speed Lap, the energy decreases by 15% until you reach 20%. You can do that on Sebenco Reverse for example, keep chaining BRs for around 20 Laps (It may be less) and you'll reach the lowest point. Well at that point where it reaches the energy critical level, the alarm bell starts ringing, but immediately stops because of energy recovery. So you only hear the 'BE--' of the 'BEEP' and it's kind of distracting, because it's really loud. Don't know if you can rig it to get rid of the sound effect for Speed Lap only
    For now I'll just sit and let it restore.