Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Online Modes - What would you like to see?

PSN ID
    keenandinho10

Default Online Modes - What would you like to see?

As the title says, what new modes would you like to see being added to the online mode?

Personally I'd love to see a so called Random Draw Speed Lap Elimination mode.

For Example, 8 people start in the tournament and get randomly drawn to face each other. They start about 5 seconds before the start line and have a boost to use before the start line and 1 after it.

You could have the option of a straight forward fight to the line, or doing it individually to try and set the 'purest' speed time.

Whoever sets the fastest time between the 2 progress to the semi's, and the other person is eliminated.
    Last edited by Keenan; 1st October 2008 at 03:59 PM.

Thats a good idea, based off of your idea it would also be neat a pure elimination mode as the PSP games, 8 laps and on each lap the last place gets eliminated.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Syntek

I'd love to see the return of Elimination mode and the Repulser (typo i think? lol) weapon

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Miths000

Same here. I really miss Elimination mode - though I've only tried it offline in Pulse.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Amon69it

I'd like to see team racing done this way:

At the end of the race the total times of the players in the same team are added, so we have one total team time.

The same is made for the other teams, the team with the lowest total time wins.

Another way to do team racing, "le mans stile"

1 player starts, after 3 laps he has to stop. Once he's standing still, the other team mate takes control of the ship, and so on. This mode requires modifications to the tracks, pits where to stop the ships should me made.

A switch to exclude barrel rolls would be nice too.

A tournament made of 1 vs 1 rounds "champions league" style would be cool, quarter finals, semifinals etc etc. While waiting your turn you could watch the race live.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

I think LeMans type races would be cool, but it would be better to just have it automatically switch at the end of a lap though, like have an autopilot switch on when you hit the straight to the finish, and pass control to the other player when it switches off.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

I would definitely like to see the possibility to add a title when you create an online race or tournament. This title should be displayed in the online list over available games. Some spontaneous ideas for titles:
    -No pilot assist
    -12 race tournament
    -Weapons off
    -Vineta K 12 times in a row
    -Bling Brigade Trophy
    -Only Piranha allowed
    etc.

I hope for the ability to turn pilot assist off.

PSN ID
    keenandinho10

Pilot Assist hinders you in my opinion

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Technosis

Quote Originally Posted by multibodydynamics View Post
    I would definitely like to see the possibility to add a title when you create an online race or tournament. This title should be displayed in the online list over available games. Some spontaneous ideas for titles:
    -No pilot assist
    -12 race tournament
    -Weapons off
    -Bling Brigade Trophy
    -Only Piranha allowed
    etc.

I agree

It occurs to me to wonder if it is actually possible to add race modes to HD.

If not, the suggestions/requests should go on the wishlist in the WipEout Future section.

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

Zone mode, but:

players pass through each other.

When players die, they turn in to observer mode.

Online zone would rock, yes. The most important thing would be the ability to see your opponent`s shield level and the temptation to look at it......

My wish list:

An enable/disable Pilot Assist option for hosts, and the ability to search for games on that option. Failing that, or possibly aswell as that, I`d like to see a constant speed reduction for PA.

Pre-set tournaments like Alpha, Beta etc in Pure

Bug fixes

Some mechanism to prevent lapped players from affecting the outcome of races.

Bigger fonts on the lobby menu so I can see how many races are in a tour on my old TV.
    Last edited by lunar; 1st October 2008 at 08:43 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    BornToBeMild

-No pilot assist
    -12 race tournament
    -Weapons off
    -Bling Brigade Trophy
    -Only Piranha allowed
    etc.

This...and Online Stats.

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    It occurs to me to wonder if it is actually possible to add race modes to HD.

If not, the suggestions/requests should go on the wishlist in the WipEout Future section.
    Konami did it with Metak Gear Online, so it might be possible in DLC.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Squallie

I think new modes would be fun. Like team tournaments and stuff like that.

But!
    I think they should use their time to add small features and delete bugs to make the online experience better first. After that they can concentrate on new modes.

Im thinking about stuff like:
    * A better working voice chat(the sound, and that you dont have to press a button to speak)
    * Change music while in online mode (and access to the music via XMB instead of ingame! I cant stream music from the computer as it is now)
    * Invite friends/recently met to your game via XMB
    * Add people to recently met list (if that isnt already in, i havent checked..)
    * Join the server friends/recently met are playing on via XMB(without an invite needed)
    * Text chat in the lobby (shouldnt be needed but too few on ps3 use headset to chat with so yes, its needed anyway..)
    * A better server browser, with more information visible in the list and filters for them. (ping, host can choose name on server, pilot assist on/off, respawn on/off etc.)
    * Host should be able to change more stuff while in the lobby, as an example the number of friendslots reserved. And all the new stuff hopefully added like pilot assist on/off, respawn on/off etc.

I could keep on but some of these are the more important ones I guess..
    Last edited by Skvall; 2nd October 2008 at 08:31 AM.

PSN ID
    keenandinho10

Quote Originally Posted by mdhay View Post
    Konami did it with Metak Gear Online, so it might be possible in DLC.
    Infinity Ward also done it with COD4.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Syntek

as far as i'm concerned, Konami and Infinity Ward didn't make Wipeout HD.
    Last edited by Lance; 3rd October 2008 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Redundant quotation removed. READ THE GUIDELINES.

PSN ID
    keenandinho10

Well we were stating to Lance it was possible ok??? Are you that dumb you didn't see that?

PSN ID
    T_Scarface_M

Quote Originally Posted by Syntek View Post
    as far as i'm concerned, Konami and Infinity Ward didn't make Wipeout HD.
    Shut the **** up seriously, your a twat. All you do is try and start arguments over nothing. **** OFF if its nothing to do with you. Im sick you and your petty self.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

that looks like a great way to get a good thread locked, guys.
    I like the ideas below:
    Quote Originally Posted by lunar View Post
    An enable/disable Pilot Assist option for hosts, and the ability to search for games on that option.

Pre-set tournaments like Alpha, Beta etc in Pure

Some mechanism to prevent lapped players from affecting the outcome of races.
    if players that weren't on the same lap as you became translucent like those that never cross the start line, that would solve it nicely
    Quote Originally Posted by Syntek View Post
    I'd love to see the return of Elimination mode and the Repulsor weapon
    seconded
    I would definitely like to see the possibility to add a title when you create an online race or tournament.
    I have been wishing for this since the first time I hopped online... I always named my games with WZ at the start in pulse, it helped find better players