Thread: Online Modes - What would you like to see?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PSN ID
    keenandinho10

Default Online Modes - What would you like to see?

As the title says, what new modes would you like to see being added to the online mode?

Personally I'd love to see a so called Random Draw Speed Lap Elimination mode.

For Example, 8 people start in the tournament and get randomly drawn to face each other. They start about 5 seconds before the start line and have a boost to use before the start line and 1 after it.

You could have the option of a straight forward fight to the line, or doing it individually to try and set the 'purest' speed time.

Whoever sets the fastest time between the 2 progress to the semi's, and the other person is eliminated.
    Last edited by Keenan; 1st October 2008 at 03:59 PM.

Thats a good idea, based off of your idea it would also be neat a pure elimination mode as the PSP games, 8 laps and on each lap the last place gets eliminated.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Syntek

I'd love to see the return of Elimination mode and the Repulser (typo i think? lol) weapon

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Miths000

Same here. I really miss Elimination mode - though I've only tried it offline in Pulse.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Amon69it

I'd like to see team racing done this way:

At the end of the race the total times of the players in the same team are added, so we have one total team time.

The same is made for the other teams, the team with the lowest total time wins.

Another way to do team racing, "le mans stile"

1 player starts, after 3 laps he has to stop. Once he's standing still, the other team mate takes control of the ship, and so on. This mode requires modifications to the tracks, pits where to stop the ships should me made.

A switch to exclude barrel rolls would be nice too.

A tournament made of 1 vs 1 rounds "champions league" style would be cool, quarter finals, semifinals etc etc. While waiting your turn you could watch the race live.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

I think LeMans type races would be cool, but it would be better to just have it automatically switch at the end of a lap though, like have an autopilot switch on when you hit the straight to the finish, and pass control to the other player when it switches off.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

I would definitely like to see the possibility to add a title when you create an online race or tournament. This title should be displayed in the online list over available games. Some spontaneous ideas for titles:
    -No pilot assist
    -12 race tournament
    -Weapons off
    -Vineta K 12 times in a row
    -Bling Brigade Trophy
    -Only Piranha allowed
    etc.

I hope for the ability to turn pilot assist off.

Timezone
    GMT + 8

I'd like an elimination system (as had been mentioned previously) and maybe a type of drag race.

I play drag at the weekends.

And go by the name 'Dolly'.

Oddly enough, that is something I do nOt do. Go figure.

-----

Re: Scarface: Passion is a wonderful thing, but it can be misused.

-----

I hope you guys are right and that race modes can be added. Thanks for the info.