Thread: Chenghou Project Tips

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

Default Chenghou Project Tips

So I'm having a spot of trouble on Chenghou. I can take the hairpin fine, but have all kinds of trouble on Phantom with the off angle sweeping left that is right after it.

Normally when I have trouble with a spot on a track, I save an autopilot and see what the computer shows me, but the autopilot on this portion of the track just bounces around worse than I do.

I sometimes have success nosing down and taking it high, but I have also been passed on the outside while doing this. Just wanted to see if anyone had a real clean line for this section of the track.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Flashback_Jack

Going by my Pure experience here, but try taking the turn leading from outside to the inside, using pitch control (up and left on your controller) to pin down the resulting float.

- F

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I always try to go as far on the outside as possible. Just softly add some airbraking, and you should be able to clear the whole bend in one smooth sweep. If your ship gets carried outwards, don't press harder on the airbrake, this will only make your rear swing out and touch the banking. Instead, do a qick sideshift to the inside, and continue with the same radius as before.
    Hope that helps.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

Aha! That explains it. When I try to take the outside and drift to the right, I do normally hit the airbrake harder, funny you should mention it.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

i have unlock chenghou yesterday afternoon and with my serious surprise i have to admit that i did not expected a track so hard and tricky... that has been a very surprise

i have destroyed billions of ships yesterday in that track...

PSN ID
    Axellink

Basically what El said. Too behonest this is where Assagai is so good with it's handling. It feels good to airbreak gently around that corner side ways

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    ninedeeb

Any advice getting an Icaras around that hairpin, fellas?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Approach it from the outside (right), cut in as soon as possible with heavy airbraking (try pressing the brake button really hard, maybe your sensitivity setting is so high that you haven't pressed up to 100% braking effect yet). At the last part of the turn, make a sideshift to the left - you should be clear.

PSN ID
    Axellink

What is the best setting to have for break sensitivity? 100% or lower?