Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Full SIXAXIS pilots, advice & experiences.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Big_Lozbowski

Bloody hell, get well soon Lizard!!!

Thanks for the input, crushedlizard, that brings a whole new consideration to our outlook on the six-axis control. There must be quite a few people who don't have full use of their hands either temporarily or permanently through accidental injury or longterm affliction. This control could really help them.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

top 60 on Moa Therma Phantom, with only one hand (not even your main one), and using Motion Control?! WOW, just WOW. I am impressed by your determination and skill.

May I ask if you were using Pilot Assist?

PSN ID
    The_Better_Man

Quote Originally Posted by eLhabib View Post
    top 60 on Moa Therma Phantom, with only one hand (not even your main one), and using Motion Control?! WOW, just WOW. I am impressed by your determination and skill.

May I ask if you were using Pilot Assist?
    I'm actually ~258 on Moa Therma. I'm 60th on Metropia, I got confused! In fact, since writing that, I'm now 62nd! lol
    To be honest, I think it's just because no one plays phantom. only 900-1200 times posted. On venom, I rank around 3500!

I don't use pilot assist though, no. I don't see the point. It's like traction control, I don't want something interfering.

I must admit, I pretty much just play speed laps as it's the best way to learn the SIXAXIS.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Impressive nonetheless! Especially since you don't use pilot assist!

PSN ID
    The_Better_Man

Thanks, I can't wait to use my thumbs though! I still have to use my hand for barrel rolls as the SIXAXIS is not responsive enough to do lock-to-lock quickly. It usually ends in me barrel rolling off the track.

I hadn't played a WO since 2097, but Pulse got me into it again. The screen was so small, it was used to strain my eyes! lol
    Now it's in glorious HD!

PSN ID
    MR-RICO84

I am onto vertigo on skilled now. I use full motion control and inside cockpit view! At first it takes ages to get used to, but once you get used to it, no probs. It is just a case of what you are used to (I have never played any other wipeout games so have no preference to unlearn)

PSN ID
    il_Nik - il_nonno_nanni - francygirl - no_stame_tocar

I force myself to use it.

I think that "motion control" is the future of gaming.

I'm on 40% by now, but I take care to not use it everytime, I hold controls tight in my hands among my knees, so I can use it when I think it's necessary (tight curves, nose-moving...)

I don't use motion control on TT cause it's not so careful like I want.

PSN ID
    il_Nik - il_nonno_nanni - francygirl - no_stame_tocar

Quote Originally Posted by crushedlizard View Post
    I'm actually ~258 on Moa Therma. I'm 60th on Metropia, I got confused! In fact, since writing that, I'm now 62nd! lol
    To be honest, I think it's just because no one plays phantom. only 900-1200 times posted. On venom, I rank around 3500!

I don't use pilot assist though, no. I don't see the point. It's like traction control, I don't want something interfering.

I must admit, I pretty much just play speed laps as it's the best way to learn the SIXAXIS.
    You are warmly welcome here, fellow pilot.
    Congrats

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    guggle

I tried it and found it to be too unstable. I thought that perhaps if you could fix it to an object that was stable so that, in a way, it would behave like a wireless wheel.....

Smile I've only ever used motion

Just thought I'd drop a post with my thoughts on using only motion controls, I decided to see how far I could get using only the motion controls and no pilot assist and as yet haven't actually played at all using the sticks (I do use the dpad for barrel rolls however). I found it very difficult at first and it took me a while to tweak the sensitivity to my liking but I'm now only 4 gold medals away from completing the campaign on normal. From watching my friends play using the analogue sticks I notice that I use the air brakes in a very different manner to them, constantly applying tiny adjustments to one or the other instead of just using them as a cornering aid.