Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Full SIXAXIS pilots, advice & experiences.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Big_Lozbowski

Bloody hell, get well soon Lizard!!!

Thanks for the input, crushedlizard, that brings a whole new consideration to our outlook on the six-axis control. There must be quite a few people who don't have full use of their hands either temporarily or permanently through accidental injury or longterm affliction. This control could really help them.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

top 60 on Moa Therma Phantom, with only one hand (not even your main one), and using Motion Control?! WOW, just WOW. I am impressed by your determination and skill.

May I ask if you were using Pilot Assist?

PSN ID
    The_Better_Man

Quote Originally Posted by eLhabib View Post
    top 60 on Moa Therma Phantom, with only one hand (not even your main one), and using Motion Control?! WOW, just WOW. I am impressed by your determination and skill.

May I ask if you were using Pilot Assist?
    I'm actually ~258 on Moa Therma. I'm 60th on Metropia, I got confused! In fact, since writing that, I'm now 62nd! lol
    To be honest, I think it's just because no one plays phantom. only 900-1200 times posted. On venom, I rank around 3500!

I don't use pilot assist though, no. I don't see the point. It's like traction control, I don't want something interfering.

I must admit, I pretty much just play speed laps as it's the best way to learn the SIXAXIS.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Impressive nonetheless! Especially since you don't use pilot assist!

PSN ID
    The_Better_Man

Thanks, I can't wait to use my thumbs though! I still have to use my hand for barrel rolls as the SIXAXIS is not responsive enough to do lock-to-lock quickly. It usually ends in me barrel rolling off the track.

I hadn't played a WO since 2097, but Pulse got me into it again. The screen was so small, it was used to strain my eyes! lol
    Now it's in glorious HD!

PSN ID
    MR-RICO84

I am onto vertigo on skilled now. I use full motion control and inside cockpit view! At first it takes ages to get used to, but once you get used to it, no probs. It is just a case of what you are used to (I have never played any other wipeout games so have no preference to unlearn)

PSN ID
    il_Nik - il_nonno_nanni - francygirl - no_stame_tocar

I force myself to use it.

I think that "motion control" is the future of gaming.

I'm on 40% by now, but I take care to not use it everytime, I hold controls tight in my hands among my knees, so I can use it when I think it's necessary (tight curves, nose-moving...)

I don't use motion control on TT cause it's not so careful like I want.

PSN ID
    il_Nik - il_nonno_nanni - francygirl - no_stame_tocar

Quote Originally Posted by crushedlizard View Post
    I'm actually ~258 on Moa Therma. I'm 60th on Metropia, I got confused! In fact, since writing that, I'm now 62nd! lol
    To be honest, I think it's just because no one plays phantom. only 900-1200 times posted. On venom, I rank around 3500!

I don't use pilot assist though, no. I don't see the point. It's like traction control, I don't want something interfering.

I must admit, I pretty much just play speed laps as it's the best way to learn the SIXAXIS.
    You are warmly welcome here, fellow pilot.
    Congrats

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    guggle

I tried it and found it to be too unstable. I thought that perhaps if you could fix it to an object that was stable so that, in a way, it would behave like a wireless wheel.....