Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sebenco Reverse is the new Citta Nuova

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Spece2goin

@Yeldar : unless you have some good reasons, please upload your videos on youtube or Dailymotion, it's much faster to see. Here @ wegame i got to wait so loooong before whatching, that i can't whatch them at all... thx.

hehe, i tried Sebenco reverse with an Auricom, and didn't hit walls so much, but did not do those BR before sharp turns...

Nice racing Yeldar, very tidy and accurate and much harder than you make it look in that ship. I noticed you miss the first speed pad after the start. I get very nervous about missing speed pads deliberately but I guess that could be a lot tighter and quicker. Also I never do the second BR after the summit of the climb and should work on that too.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    handmade_lion

Default ...

Quote Originally Posted by eLhabib View Post
    Sol2 and Chenghou are really tricky to learn at first, but provide for interesting gameplay and a pretty good flow when you know them (although not as great as their forward versions).
    I cannot believe what I'm hearing. When I was going for Arcade Perfect, I did the 8 main tracks, and then I went left going through the reverses. Sol2 came up first, and it took about 10-15 Single Race redos before I found all my lines. Smooth sailing after that. But Chenghou?! oh lawwd! In all my life few times have I ever gotten dangerously close to breaking my controller on something, and Chenghou (forward AND reverse) was one of those times. Hardest thing I've ever done in this game.

Sebenco, however... no. Simply no. This attempt at a track isn't exactly enjoyable even at slow speeds, but at phantom, it's a ****ing joke. Seriously, if SL are aware that Citta Nuova didn't work all that great as a track, how did Sebenco Reverse pass? Citta was smooth as silk compared to this! I've done more laps on Sebenco Reverse than on any other track so far, because I thought maybe I just need to learn it properly, but it just isn't good. Sorry, Sebenco Climb Reverse in my book is the worst track in wipEout history, and since I somehow managed to luckily get 4 APs in one race and win this track on Phantom Elite, I now never have to race it again. Ever. Thank God.
    That's interesting you didn't take to it as I did. Granted, I don't find it to be the most feasible track in the game. But that doesn't mean it's impossible to master (As I've surely seen several racers do). You did a lot of laps, okay. But was it all with the same shiP? Cause I completely blow through that reverse track in a sharp-turning craft. As for flying off the mountain or accidentally barrel-rolling/boost-padding into a wall the answer is simple! Don't do it

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

The post you're quoting is over half a year old mate - I have since mastered Sebenco R as well, just took heaps of practice, and learning to accept the bumpy nature of this track.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

Sebenco is my fav track, both forward and reverse. Forward is enjoyable, giving the ships with more handling an advantage. Reverse is a challenge, requiring good airbreaking to make it though all the turns. I love it in AG-S or Feisar.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Tomeru

I would say just this, racing on Seb reverse has its good and bad moments. The part that I find isn't working well for racing is the downhill snake path - it feels like playing ladders. Your craft 'jumps' down from corner to corner, and the feeling of smoothness is replaced with a feeling of something out of a theme park. All other part of the track in reverse are ace, but the snake path is just not feeling right, feels like rappelling rather than racing downhill.

It's all fine though I guess.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Bendok

I know I'm late to the party, but Reverse Sebenco Climb is my second favorite track in the game, next to Sol 2... :/

PSN ID
    Lightlord

I feel that both sebenco forward and reverse are very enjoyable tracks at any speed except venom (too slow to fully appreciate!) I feel Moa Therma reverse is boring not much in the way of barrell rolls on there or so it feels.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    afatsuoM

Quote Originally Posted by Handmadelion View Post
    I cannot believe what I'm hearing. When I was going for Arcade Perfect, I did the 8 main tracks, and then I went left going through the reverses. Sol2 came up first, and it took about 10-15 Single Race redos before I found all my lines. Smooth sailing after that. But Chenghou?! oh lawwd! In all my life few times have I ever gotten dangerously close to breaking my controller on something, and Chenghou (forward AND reverse) was one of those times. Hardest thing I've ever done in this game.
    I have to agree with this. The only reason I won this track on phantom elite is because I got 4(!) consecutive auto pilots just before te sharp corner.

On SC reverse: I only started to like this track when I started to use sideshift. Before that, it was like hell. It's just about my favorite now, along with Sol2 forward.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    F3NRi5_u2w

Ok, I'm not a perfect pilot, though a pretty decent one.

Is it possible in any way to get 1st on Sebenco Climb Reverse
    without using Turbos and BR in Venom? On my way to Arcade
    Perfect I always start at Venom and try til I place 1st before
    I go on to the next class.

When I did a pretty good race with Icaras (hitting 90% of the
    Boost Fields/2 perfect laps), but didn't manage to BR nor get a
    turbo – I still placed 7th or 8th…wtf?

Sebenco Forward took me half an our to place 1st in every speed
    class on elite…what's wrong with that track or am I missing an
    important point or shortcut?

PSN ID
    shapealot

just incase you didnt know mate you only have to race phantom for this trophy

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    F3NRi5_u2w

I know that, but thanks for the hint.

The faster the easier, but how can it be, that you do an almost
    perfect race with the fastest ship and you finish it 7th or 8th
    without BR and/or turbo…?

In my oppinion it has to be possible to win a race without it…no
    problem on any other track – but imho this one is just broke!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

BR's are an integral part of the game, perfect laps are nice but they won't win a race against tough opposition. There are least 5 BR's on venom that you can pull off without the need of a turbo, and at least 7 with 1 turbo.

It's a pretty damaging track for your shields, especially since most of the BR's are all bunched together and leave little opportunity to recuperate lost energy.

The BR's are: (with the boost, use it at the ramp right after the first left and clip the peak of the hill leading into the tunnel with a BR so you can push into another BR), then the hill after the straight you can get 2 although it's impractical in most race situations to get the second, one down the next slope, one down the slope after that, and the obvious one on the bump leading into the last corner. They can all be achieved on Venom, and you shouldn't need to use all of them in each lap, but try fit one in where you can, as they are very helpful against elite AI and online.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    tug_14

no boost ... well, why not use boost when you have it ???
    And BR are not required to do HD campaign and pass it even in top difficulty level .
    Not a opinion , but a fact .... ( even with pirhana hd ship )

Practice , practice , practice .... is the way to win young padawan

i made it ( hd campagn elite ) before gone online ....

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    F3NRi5_u2w

As I wrote before: No problem in Flash, Rapier and Phantom
    (all elite), but in Venom…I have to do something wrong, but
    can't find any videos or other hints for Venom Class…

(I did win a race in Venom Class though, but just because I got
    2 Turbos and so could do 3 BRs per lap).

Many thanks to amplificated! There are 5 BR possible in Venom?!
    ZOMG! KK, after all it sounds like a lot of train is necessary here
    once more…

PSN ID
    shapealot

well theres actually 8 BRs mate if you dont already side shifting a lot in the right places saves a massive amount of time also experiment with it over crests and off slopes as you can get some cheeky BRs. go do a TT perfect those lines mate and youll win in no time

ship+air=BR=win!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    F3NRi5_u2w

Quote Originally Posted by shapealot View Post
    …go do a TT perfect those lines mate and youll win in no time
    Sorry…what? Timetrial or what do you mean?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

I've heard the you can get a boost BR at the start of Seb Rev, but I've never come close, is that the 8th? On phantom I know you can do a couple more or so, but on venom I only know 7...

@ TFU: yeah TT means time trial. He's just suggesting you get some practice in, as practice is the best way to get better, that's all

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

I know of 9 excluding BoostBR at the beginning, that'd be 10.

@TFU: Would you like me to make a video against Elite AI on Venom?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    F3NRi5_u2w

Quote Originally Posted by yeldar2097 View Post
    @TFU: Would you like me to make a video against Elite AI on Venom?
    Oh yes! That'll be sweet! Many thanks btw – this forum is pure awesomEness!
    If possible one without usage of turbo and BRs and one 1:13ish just to show off…hehe