Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sebenco Reverse is the new Citta Nuova

PSN ID
    HK-50 / XBL: WipeoutJunkie

Im really enjoying the track as it goes, not a fan of the reverse tracks in general but I love Sebenco Climb and really grew to love Citta Nuova after getting the better of it. I agree with what your saying about the flow of the track but its quite unique the way you have to battle with the physics as you descend and it wouldnt quite be Wipeout without that bitch of a track that laughs at you until you master it.

Although given the choice, i'd much rather have a Wipeout game without reverse tracks.

PSN ID
    TONY--T

Im really liking the reverse tracks! with sebenco reverse (phantom) im down to a 23.55 speed lap!
    Last edited by TONY-T; 30th September 2008 at 01:19 AM.

generally, nothing was made / studied to make engaging and thrilling reversed tracks, every ski jumps have disappeared, all alternative road have disappeared, it is definitively a quick addition from SL for the game...
    I think that sebenco is not worse than the others in regard to the reverse line, it pilots just in another way ,but on the contrary aesthetically speaking, it is for me (the only) completely missed (and however, it had means it to make something nice with this theme and snow-covered environment) ...

Quote Originally Posted by G'Kyl View Post
    No, you didn't. ;] They didn't even put Metropia White into HD. They just made better graphics for Metropia Black and reversed it - no more alternate routes like on PSP.
    I only just noticed your post. That's bizarre. I haven't played it in HD so I had jumped to the assumption that Metropia reversed was going to be the White route that appeared in Pulse. I guess reversing the tracks really was just a last minute thing and should probably be considered a bonus rather than actual WO tracks.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

While it's pretty clear that the reverse tracks weren't given the same amount of care as their forward versions, I actually like Metropia Reverse better than forward, and also better than Metropia White in Pulse (one of the very few tracks I actually tried in Pulse). Sure, on some reverse tracks it seems more like an afterthought, but hey, better than nothing, right? And some reverse tracks really turned out great. I absolutely love Vineta Reverse (apart from the most awkwardly placed speed pad since Altima's first... ).

+1 to every word, Martin. To me, Metropia Reverse is like Metropia white with all the annoying stuff taken out and replaced with cool stuff - such as the turn right and dive near the start, and the blind summit Very fun stuff.

Sebenco Descent is certainly interesting, looks spectacular and scary on your way down, but fun? Only for Citta Nuova fans, I think.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    zerojay

I'm starting to get a good line on Sebenco... but I still don't like it. Reverse is still just SO much better and fluid.

Timezone
    GMT -5

I'm curious (reviving a dead post here - I know)...

Have any of you changed viewpoints on Sebenco reverse? I used to hate it, but now it's one of my favorites (by a wide margin)

Actually, it seems all the tracks I hated initially, I love them now that I've learned their quirks.

By the way - anyone know what city that is in the background on Sebenco Climb? It's a lot easier to see on the reverse track, if you boost around the windmills and go into photo mode, you get quite the view. Looks like there are sub-tropical or palm trees on one of the streets... Unless they're conifers with the bottoms being hard to see. Anyone from SL care to enlighten me? I've been wondering this for a while now, even googled it - which brought me right back to this thread.

But yeah - I love Sebenco Reverse now.

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

Each to their own.

I love both versions of Sebenco Climb, reverse probably even more than forwards.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Moriarty79

I prefer only the forward track, all, the original used in campaign.
    Sebenco reverse is a nice track, i think a little easier than the others reverse.
    For arcade perfect i use 1 or 2 hours for each track, for sebenco reverse only 3 race!!!!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Funny you'd mention it, IH8YOU - I have indeed changed my view on Seb R. It is a great track once you learn how to fly it properly, and also ranks amongst my favorites now. Even so, I wouldn't exactly call it flowing

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

until reading your last post i was about to get medievil on yo ass
    sebenco reverse is my favourite track EVER (so i must defend it's honour). it's great because if you know how to fly it (i won't claim to), you can get under 2.00.00 in any ship without any turbos quite comfortably. what i mean is; in a chunky ship (a la 60 handling) reverse is way easier than forward, and in my opinion a lot less tiresome and frustrating.
    glad to see you've changed your view eL

PSN ID
    stinkleroy

Haha I'm still not a fan of this track (sorry Yeld), weirdly I can pull off more BR's in rapier speed than at phantom. Looove Sebenco fwd though, probably my favourite track next to Chengou fwd

Would love to see a video of this one Yeldar, if you are beginning your video project.

I love doing the big jump into the cave. That to me is what stunts are all about - creative and fun and BIG. Other than that, both Sebencos are just all about being overwhelmed by barrel roll spam tedium so have become not my favourites in TT at all. Although now that we realise even a "flat" track like Vineta K needs 35 BRs in an ideal TT Sebenco doesn`t seem too bad! Oh well, that`s the game.

For racing online I like Sebenco Reverse more than forward, but it is a real sod, in a good way, for trying to keep your energy full. I am often too conservative with shield energy on that track, but I like the way it challenges skills and makes me risk blowing up. You have to risk death or you won`t win it I guess.

PSN ID
    silverfoxy

I have the same opinion as quite a few others. It used to be one of my least favourite tracks but now I know how to race it (to my standard anyway, not below 2 mins on it) I really enjoy it. Plus getting to zone 51 on it was a right eye opener. For a long time never thought I could get to super zen.

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

i love seb rev. i love the silly amount of br's you can hit, i love boosting over the chicane, pitching a bit, and nailing it sweetly through the tunnel (very rewarding feeling), and i love the crazy speed brs + autopilot can take you round the corners.

i have one issue with seb rev: is it just me that can hit the weapon pads at the top of the hill? i don't think i've ever managed to get a weapon from one of them (unless i've been shot).

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    mic-dk900

No, at phantom you'll never get near them with the throttle nailed.

Since I have never voiced any opinion in this thread I can safely proclaim I've never changed my mind about Seb Rev.

I hate, hate, hate that fscking track! Air, BR, hard-left, Air, BR hard-right etc ad nauseaum.

For some bizarre reason I really, really like the forward version for pretty much the same reasons

PSN ID
    silverfoxy

It is possible to hit those weapon pads. I do it by pitching down (pressing up on D-pad - that always confuddles me !!) and can still do a BR.

no matter how much i pitch i still can hit them. what line you taking?

@ lunar: here you go

let me know if the video works or not, wegame doesn't really like me