Thread: Sebenco Reverse is the new Citta Nuova

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

While I don't see it as critically as you - it's better than only having 8 forward tracks, after all - I second the notion of your post. The only reverse tracks I really enjoy are Vineta K and Metropia, the rest is clearly a lot better in the original direction, and makes the reverse version feel like a ripoff.

Funny though that so many people seem to enjoy Sebenco Reverse - really didn't expect that! Tastes do differ, after all...

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

I agree [Albeit not completely] eL, but saying that it's the new Citta Nuova is like someone who suffers from amnesia saying "Deja vu?" without considering Outpost 7. Although, if you were to consider Spilskinanke....

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I never layed eyes on Outpost 7 (boycotted Pulse), and hey, leave Spilskinanke out of this - it was tough, but very smooth.
    The issue I am having with Seb Reverse is that the game's physics just don't fit with the flow (if you can call it that) of the track.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

That I can agree with. You fly over the chicane on Phantom, you basically fly down on the last half of each lap. It is indeed a very strange change of pace from all the other courses.

I think that is why I love it so much. But then again, I am a sucker for really technical tracks. Figuring out the best lines for a course like Sebenco is way more enjoyable for me than trying to catch times on a place like Anulpha.

eL, the very words of your thread title passed through my mind when I first played Sebenco Reverse. I agree! But as to whether I like it I don`t know yet; haven`t done enough on it to come to a conclusion.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I am a sucker for very technical tracks as well, I absolutely love Chenghou (both ways), Sebenco (forward), Sol2 (both ways), Ubermall (both ways). It's not the technical bit that I don't like about Sebenco Reverse, it's the fact that you are bouncing around like a pinball all the time, even if you pick a nice line. It's very obvious that when this track was designed for Pure, nobody ever thought of the possibility to reverse it. I would very much like to know if the developers are happy with how it turned out in reverse...

PSN ID
    infoxicated

I thought it was pretty cool coming back down the mountain when I played it for the first time tonight, but I agree that it just doesn't work very well in that direction. Generally I don't like reverse tracks at all.

On the original Ridge Racer, I used to turn around and race in the opposite direction [WRONG WAY!] toward the other cars. Just for fun.