Thread: Résumé Circuit ?? Menu translations.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    netsan

Thumbs down Résumé Circuit ?? Menu translations.

Hi there !

Am I the only one who figure out a BIG translation mistake in wipEout HD ? :-

I'm french, so my PS3 is in french and so is wipEout HD.
    In the Audio option menu there is this item : "Résumé Circuit", which can be translate by "Track description" for example (I thought it would be something like the Pulse track description). I enabled it before my first play and forgot it.

Several plays later, I've seen no track description but noticed that the music I was listening to keeps playing from when it stoped at the following track (I mean racing track, not music track).
    And that's the point !
    I didn't check the spelling in english but I guess this option must be "Resume Track" and being in the Audio menu, it make sense !

I was used to translation mystake in Castlevania or other Konami games (inverting "Buy" and "Sell" )but not in wipEout !!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Squallie

Maybe not worth an own thread? =P

And its french, who cares.

Tampere, Finland (Land of Xios and Outpost 7!)
    Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Shozovulnai

Yes, it's Resume Track in English and it confused me too a bit, since track could mean racetrack or music track, but it being in the audio department must mean that it's the latter. Never used it though.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Squallie

"Never used it though."

I love it

Tampere, Finland (Land of Xios and Outpost 7!)
    Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Shozovulnai

To me it feels kinda weird if the music track suddenly continues right where it ended in the previous race. But to each his own. Then again those 8-9 minute tracks can never be completed in a normal single race or time trial. Speed Lap and Zone is a whole different matter, I had fun with Venetian Snares' Szycag which started to go really insanely noisy in Zen.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Why are you playing WipEout in French anyways? It's much better in English (And my first language is French ) It will make you practice.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    netsan

Do you mean I don't speack well englsih ??!!
    I agree about the english practicing. Unfortunatly, I share my PS3 with my wife and a friend who are not very good in english so...