Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Wipeout HD disappointment

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GTAce

I dont own a PSP, so this game is my first opportunity to play a full WipEout with good graphics since ages.
    I cant complain about that. lol

PSN ID
    RozPT

Quote Originally Posted by Skvall View Post
    For that price, yes it is. :]

But now I want to pay sony more to get mooore. xD (a fullprice game!)
    Oh you will! With DLC!

PSN ID
    TONY--T

Quote Originally Posted by Jambo View Post
    Hi all, thought I would put forward my thoughts. I have been playing WipEout from the very first release on PS1. Saying experience than the average gamer.

The original amazed me great graphics, great music, great physics, really tough. The slightest touch of the wall flipped the craft on the side almost!

2097, XL in America then came. It was stunning handled smoothly, felt fantastic and ramped down the difficulty slightly, allowing us to skim the walls. It was an epic game.

Wip3out was next and this was/is my favourite in the series. It took 2097 and made it, in my opinion, bigger, faster, better looking and had split-screen. It had a few problems mainly a menu screen that looked great but wasn't the most functional but I loved that game.

Fusion is something I cannot comment on. Didn't get on with it at all to be honest for me the worst in the series.

Pure to me was a breath of fresh air in the series, it reinvigorated it for me it was fast, fun, difficult it looked great. The handling was fun and zone mode looked amazing.

Pulse I didn't play as much of, I had my PSP stolen and have never got round to replacing, have only played it on a friends and did enjoy the small amount of time I had with it.

I started to download HD at about 4.24 or so on launch day. My opinion up to now is that it is fantastic. Graphically it is amazing and the frame rate is just amazing. As far as he Physics are concerned the game feels much tighter than the earlier games, it is certainly different but I have to say I really like it, the Analogue Stick allows me to be much more accurate with my steering and personally I feel the weight of the craft is much more obvious compared with the PSP games. The multiplayer is epic and it is a game I am recommending to one and all.

Yes it is different to the earlier "Trinity" but all games evolve (devolve for some) and I believe that this can be put in game terms that the craft are more advanced and handle tighter due to advances in technology (compare modern F1 cars to 80's and 70's never mind earlier!)

i think we can assume the original physics style is gone and that is sad but the new one is great as well. Just different.

Another way to say it:

"The King is dead, long live the King!"

Sorry about my rambling by the way!
    could not have said it better myself!

The cars in SL`s F1 games handle just as much like Trinity Game ships as the ships in HD. Those car games do weight extremely well and you have to learn to manage it. You had to in Pure aswell, and that`s one reason why Pure with faster acceleration would have been a better handling system for this game, for me. Pure was "precarious" as Flash said - hence the fun, imo. Everything else is there in HD, and the game is full of great stuff and is fast and challenging, but as with Pulse it feels more like you`re maneuvering a graphical object than a possibly real world object that weighs several tons and is travelling at an insane speed. I would also like to see the possibility to fly sideways instead of pivoting all the time, and stronger brakes to compensate. It just feels better like that, to me. So I suppose I`m slightly disappointed about the handling, but what Dogg Thang said is true. If we are disappointed it can only be because of false expectations.

I think this is the right WipEout for the times. It is certainly a WipEout game and will hopefully keep the series going.

I thought Boost`s post was great, agree with most of that.

Tampere, Finland (Land of Xios and Outpost 7!)
    Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Shozovulnai

WipEout has changed. It's no longer about old graphics, floaty gameplay and one-shot-kill plasmas. It's an endless series of online battles fought by experienced and newbies. WipEout - and its consumption of time - has become a well-oiled mainstream game.

WipEout has changed. ID-tagged pilots carry ID-tagged helmets, use ID-tagged ships. Instincts inside their bodies enhance and regulate their abilities. Steering control. Airbrake control. Weapon control. Barrel roll control. Everything is monitored and kept under control.

WipEout has changed. The age of useless autopilots has become the age of control... All in the name of averting the weapons from hitting the audience. And he who controls the race... controls worldwide rankings.

WipEout has changed. When the ship is under control... ...race becomes routine.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Amon69it

Wow mate, that gave me chills

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Squallie

HAHAHA... thank you!

PSN ID
    Axellink

Superb!!! lol

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Ahahahahah!!!

The sad thing about it: it's not too untrue.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Flashback_Jack

Quote Originally Posted by lunar View Post
    I would also like to see the possibility to fly sideways instead of pivoting all the time..
    Like Pulse, I'm sure it's possible when you start to push the ships harder and harder around deep corners.

- F