Thread: WipEout-Game.com?

PSN ID
    technicolour

Default WipEout-Game.com?

Does anyone here know if WipEout-Game.com will be utilised for WipEout HD scoring in addition to the ingame display? If so is there an ETA?

PSN ID
    RozPT

True, it would make sense to include HD in the site.

ingame announcements do point you there to use your playstation network login, no stats as of yet, but they are probably on the way

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

wipeout-game.com has not been updated for ages. There was also a new(er) version finished months back that still isn't online.
    I doubt we will see a lot new updates to the site in future. Maybe one every half year or so, but that's it.
    Same goes for wipeouthd.com (and for most flash sites in general - they're very static in most cases and not made for big updates and changes).

Sony knows how to not promote themselfs very well!

PSN ID
    infoxicated

What bites is that the reason I specced out a non-flash site for the official community site was that I didn't want it to become stagnant and hard to update. However, the only one really driving the updates on it was me - if I didn't come up with something, then send it to be approved, translated, and updated, it never got updated at all.

It's a real shame that the site has just laid dormant for six or seven months, now. Checking out the QA version of the site, it hasn't had any updates since I worked on it. When I think of what I could have got done with it over that time I really feel like it's a wasted opportunity.

PSN ID
    RozPT

Too much bureaucracy Fox? It's really a shame, the site could serve the fans in so many coll ways..

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Especially because there's not only a link to the site over at wipeouthd.com, but also in WOHD itself!
    Not to mention the linking in WOPulse.

The site has so much potential to be a real forum (not in the sense of a message board) for the fans. And I cannot understand why nobody cares. At least it seems this way.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Because WipEout Pulse sold like **** and the site was based around WipEout Pulse.

Which meant all the nay-sayer morther****ers in London ended up looking smug because the site just didn't generate the kind of traffic it should have for the budget that was spent on it. Thus, the management got cold feet when they couldn't justify the development cost on it - not that they spent a great deal in the first place.

The end result is that I leave, nobody replaces me and the site becomes kind of orphaned. I'm gutted by the way things turned out - I'd work on that site in my spare time if I was allowed, because I poured a year of my working life into it against the tide and I want it to be a success. It wouldn't take much, really - a little nurturing, someone to keep the content updated, that kind of thing.

PSN ID
    Axellink

Sorry to hear that mate. Well the world moves on and we pick ourselves up. I'm sure someone will pick up the website sooner or later. Well thats if HD doesn't bomb as well.