Thread: neGcon support for WOHD PS3

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Wip3ou7pure

Default neGcon support for WOHD PS3

SL, what are the chances that you can impliment support for the neGcon into WOHD, if we say, had a PS2 to PS3 adapter (with a PSHOME button on it) such as THIS ONE?
    Last edited by Wip3ou7; 28th September 2008 at 04:49 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5

i don't understand why someone would want this. you can't afford a dualshock 3?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Wip3ou7pure

Wow did you even read my post? Obviously not, that or you have no idea what a neGcon is.

Timezone
    GMT -5

i sure did, skipper.

EDIT: "or you have no idea what a neGcon is."

^this. i'm assuming it's a pre-PS3 playstation controller. but again... i don't see the problem with using the dualshock.

RE: EDIT: okay, i looked it up. it's missing three buttons. looks awkward.
    Last edited by captain howdy; 28th September 2008 at 04:55 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Wip3ou7pure

There's no "problem" with the dual shock, its just that many of the OG-W'O"ers would perfer to use the neGcon if it were possible.

Timezone
    GMT -5

i'd like to see someone playing a game with it. it's an interesting design, to say the least.

EDIT: and after youtubing, it looks kind of cool.
    Last edited by captain howdy; 28th September 2008 at 05:09 PM.

We neGcon lovers are quite fanatic. And, I believe, justifiably so.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Wip3ou7pure

I'm suprised that this thread hasn't shown more of a response... Am I the only one that thinks this should be possible? Wtfz! Now that they make PS2 to PS3 adapters that actually have a PS button on them, WHY NOT?! EH? Seriously, I'd like to hear from Colin or anyone else from SL about weather they have considered this or not, and what the conclusion was and why?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Flashback_Jack

Quote Originally Posted by captain howdy View Post
    it's an interesting design, to say the least.
    Yes, and as it concerns games that require fine analog control, the Negcon is unrivalled in its precision. Nobody could count on setting world record times in Wipeout, WOXL, WO3 or Wipeout Fusion unless that person uses one. Such would also be the case in HD I imagine; not even motion-based control could potentially match it.

For driving games that support it, the Negcon is equal to or better than the best driving wheels -- that's why there's a demand for the device not only in Wipeout, but for the full range of games on the PS3 platform.

- F

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    phl0w

I'm suprised that this thread hasn't shown more of a response
    Because that "Will we be ever able to use a negcon with PS3" topic has been brought up numerous times since a WO(HD) for PS3 has been confirmed. I guess it goes without saying that everybody, except maybe for those "level-playing-field-radicals" would love to use their Negcon with PS3, or PSP for that matter.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Squallie

I want it! Patch plz. =P

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

I'm sure there was a response something along the lines of SL will not support a controller when Namco itself no longer supports it. Was the controller not seen as a failure in the eyes of many? I remember seeing it branded the worst peripheral ever by some gaming site with that in mind...

They (SL) would be spending time which costs money to implement support for a redundant controller that the majority of people arn't going to use on a PS3 the expression keep on dreaming comes to mind.

Personally I find the motion sensing features of the DualShock 3 excellent for controlling pitch and I appreciate the fact that I don't have to sit there twisting the pad round, which makes my arm sore after a while.

Also how come so many we want a Neggie for PS3 threads are tolerated and not locked in this forum?

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Beats me.