Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Races with weapons off.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Default Races with weapons off.

Friday night I was doing a race online with weapons off in phantom. This race was on Chenghou Project, within 2 laps my shield was critical because of all the BRs possible. Luckely I was able to do 3 perfect laps and survive the race. But later on I was thinking maybe I just should have let myself explode and get new energy for more BRs and be faster.

If this will be the way to be faster in races with weapons off, then it will suck big time. Does any of you tried this out yet? Otherwise we'll have to experiment with it to find out what is faster! I hope to be faster without exploding because otherwise there is no challenge in racing with weapons off.

Here is hoping for a good outcome for all our Avalon lovers out there.

Timezone
    GMT + 12

Sorry to be totally ignorant - Avalon?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Flashback_Jack

Non-weapon hotlap parties invented and generally hosted by Kanar. The operating principle is to be "the fastest, ever."

- F

Timezone
    GMT + 12

I gathered the fastest ever part from a quick forum search but i couldnt find any detailed info on it, thanks for that flash.

I feel like some sort of unsanctioned, underground rebel league has formed within our ranks! And slipped right under my nose in the process.

"Underground rebel league" Very much so, but peace-loving rebels too, and therefore not likely to win the war in the end.

Mad, I`m not sure if this is going to be a problem as when you respawn it`s only with 30% energy, I think - so maybe two or three more BRs and you would be dead again. I don`t think you would quite make up the time lost from dying, but we should test it I think.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback Jack View Post
    The operating principle is to be "the fastest, ever.
    How ironic then that someone with weapons on could pick up turbos and flatten these fastest ever records.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Mad-Ice, don't worry mate, getting eliminated sets you back A LOT, no way in catching up all that time, even if you had full shields after respawn.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

Hi guys,

Back from the lab (f----n' floaty fish)

Just noticed that thread, ok elhabib so no probs for online TTs good news. If I may; just wanted with that avalon thing to federate all the beat-music + TT/SL lovers. That's all. Peace Rapier LOL

Anyway I'm obliged to use these guns in my HD gold quest!
    Last edited by kanar; 28th September 2008 at 05:00 PM.

PSN ID
    Sphereshift

Hm, I guess I can use this forgotten thread for it. So, if anyone is interested in Phantom races without weapons, feel free to add me. Maybe we can gather enough people to meet more or less reguarly and play a nice tournament withount boom-boom. C u on the track!

PSN ID
    LJtheZombie/RichardDastardIy

Funny, I'd been meaning to create a thread for exactly that purpose. I'm not really any good at Phantom speed, but if anyone's interested in non-weapon races in Rapier class (or below), go ahead and add me as well.

PSN ID
    Ziz528

Yup, count me in for non-wep Rapier races too.

Malton (between Brampton and Mississauga. Literally) ,Ontario,Canada
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    shamarskii

I would join! When?

And add me for Endurance Races, every Friday-Sunday! More the marrier! (Weps are off too!)
    PSN: shamarskii

Timezone
    GMT -3
    PSN ID
    D_1998_BR

Too bad many people leave when I choose weapons off or zone battle...Most people i play today aren't good pilots,they win because of the accuracy with plasmas and rockets (I'm quite good shooting rockets on corners,but i'm not a freak like some people around the game...
    >.>
    <.<
    O.O

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    FlintFandango or RennFlint or Flint Fandango (PS4)

Sad but true. Recently, I hosted a single race "weps on"; A freak raced in front of me, just to fall behind all of a sudden and shoot my rear end. Or passing me to wait at the following corner and shoot rockets right into my face...this happened 2 races in a row. The whole time! WTF? It´s not an eliminator - it´s a damn single race!

I turned into weps off, and guess what: The freak left the room, sending me a message sayin´: German Coward.
    Man, I totally unlatched and gave her massive retaliation. No remorse, serves her right.

Timezone
    GMT -3
    PSN ID
    D_1998_BR

Quote Originally Posted by Flint Fandango View Post
    Sad but true. Recently, I hosted a single race "weps on"; A freak raced in front of me, just to fall behind all of a sudden and shoot my rear end. Or passing me to wait at the following corner and shoot rockets right into my face...this happened 2 races in a row. The whole time! WTF? It´s not an eliminator - it´s a damn single race!

I turned into weps off, and guess what: The freak left the room, sending me a message sayin´: German Coward.
    Man, I totally unlatched and gave her massive retaliation. No remorse, serves her right.
    Let me guess,her name is U_Love_Sheepgirl?

Yeah,she always does that,I race her really often,seems like she follows me,and I win most of the times...She started doing this to me yesterday,and I sent her a message: "U_Hate_Me?"

She replied,I replied,she replied,I replied...

Then she said I was no competition for her,even after beating the outta her

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    oliver_fighter7 - Olivariox

I love Weps off races, just give me a shout if you want to play

PSN ID
    SoA_Booney

yeah U_Love_Sheepgirl does that alot, many times she/he has sent me messages like that, its really pathetic and the way she/he plays is just not fun at all :L just ignore it really, its what i do

PSN ID
    Ziz528

Quote Originally Posted by D_1998_BR View Post
    Let me guess,her name is U_Love_Sheepgirl?

Yeah,she always does that,I race her really often,seems like she follows me,and I win most of the times...She started doing this to me yesterday,and I sent her a message: "U_Hate_Me?"

She replied,I replied,she replied,I replied...

Then she said I was no competition for her,even after beating the outta her
    The technique with her is not to appear angry in your messages, then she gradually just gives up She beat me in a 1v1 12 race tourney using that technique and I freaked her out 'cause I was perfectly calm at the end of it

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    P_Denton, hyperfluous

Warning, not for the the faint hearted :
    http://www.google.fr/search?tbm=isch&q=sheepgirl

Dunno where he got that alias, but his racing/messages seem awfully normal after seeing that *pukes* I shan't question sheepgirl's motives again for they are unfathomable...

Timezone
    GMT -3
    PSN ID
    D_1998_BR

I did the same search too,P_Denton...

That's the exact same results i had (of course,same search,same results, )
    I freaked her out some days ago since i had lots of shields and autopilots (after getting hit,use the autopilot,it will make it so that the hit never happened)

Then I started playing her game,i kept on side-shifting into her ship when she stopped,she couldn't shoot me and eventually left...Some time later she joined again and I made zone battle.She also plays the aggressive person in it too

Aaaanyway,i haven't heard any news about her for some time,maybe she give up "attacking" me...she saves the weapons she gets to hit the 1st place,anybody ever noticed?