Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bug reports, HD

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Default Bug reports, HD

Ok so I'm a bit annoyed (To say the least) about the fact that weapon pads don't work as they should online. Right now I'm doing an 8 race tournament (All forward tracks) with Leungbok among others, and NONE of the weapon pads give me a pickup, but they are red when I pass on top of them! Only the first one I touch seems to work for a while but then it stops working as well!

I can't be the only one who is experiencing this! I know KIGO and Leungbok are having the same problem as well, there must be more out there!

For the record, no I'm not stupid, weapons are on, the pads are red hot, but nothing comes up.

Please take this seriously SL, it's rather annoying.

=====
    Also if anyone else has bug to reports post them here (Apart from the friends list bug of course)

PSN ID
    JamboGT

I have found there is sometimes lag so that you don't receive a weapon until a
    second or so after crossing the pad. I have not had the problem where it doesn't give you a weapon at all though.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

I confirm, the red pads were here, but seemed switched off
    Last edited by Lance; 27th September 2008 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Redundant quotation removed.

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

I'd like to point out the one where when racing, pres[...] appears over the pos. counter. if you hit select, a wierd (html esque) menu appears, and if an option is picked, it freezes. if cancelled, you go to the maim menu.:S

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Wip3ou7pure

I noticed that online sometimes when people fly over pads they pick up the weapon but the pad does not change from red to black, and you can fly over it expecting a weapon but getting nothing.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Quote Originally Posted by mdhay View Post
    I'd like to point out the one where when racing, pres[...] appears over the pos. counter. if you hit select, a wierd (html esque) menu appears, and if an option is picked, it freezes. if cancelled, you go to the maim menu.:S
    Not just while racing. I had it in the menus all the time during my last session.

Plus, I once won two races of a tournament but ended up with 12 points. Might have something to do with me overtaking the last competing pilot (last 3 dropped off the race) in one of the races (Vineta)? It showed 8 points for the other race, so I believe it must have been the one with the overlapping.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    kilozebra

I saw the same thing... it said "Press Select for " ... something, but I couldn't see the whole message, even when trying to squeeze down the screen size.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    cybrpnk

Yeah...I experienced a bit of lag too with the time it takes to fly over a pad and the time in which the weapon gets activated...but I'm not too fussed on this...I guess...

Maybe I should blame this lag for me not being able to catch up to Asayeah...eheheh...

PSN ID
    JamboGT

No its not a big issue at all really. the lag I mean not the pad not working entirely!
    Last edited by Jambo; 27th September 2008 at 11:29 PM.

PSN ID
    RozPT

Unhappy

Well, the game froze up in my final race of the 8 race tournament I was doing online. I was winning and I got pretty mad actually. Since Pure that WO random crahses on me...

Quote Originally Posted by G'Kyl View Post
    Plus, I once won two races of a tournament but ended up with 12 points.
    I had a similar tournament. It was 5 races. First race Damsmeister won, I was second. Second race I won, Damsmeister was second (by a large amount) and he quit just before the start of race 3. Third race I went against the remaining guys, won, and had 17 points instead of 22. One of the players still in the tour(Rafbond) had 20 points instead of the 16 he should have had. I think Rafbond took on the points Damsmeister would have had - 14 when he quit after two races. Then Rafbond scored 6 for coming second in race 3 to make the false 20. I hope someone could follow that!! I have no idea why my points didn`t add up to the right amount, but it looks like the Pulse points mayhem is not completely gone.
    Last edited by lunar; 28th September 2008 at 12:40 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I have had the same problems that Lunar and Darkdrium777 have had.

Quote from my reply on topic from Darkdrium777 other thread.

Yeah, it's happened to me twice now, both times I was playing it was when nearly all the online hosts were from the USA or Europe and I'm in Australia.

And both times there were 5 players or more.

I think it must be an internet throttling [distance] thing, where all the information except the weapon pads gets realtime updating.......Bug Report!?

I should add that one,if not both times it was in a tournament.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TheFrostE

having your XMB open while races or when custom songs are loading can cause loss of music, happened to me twice online. also, had xmb open after a race when returning to lobby. when the lobby came back, i left XMB and even though i was the host, i could not start the race or edit any settings or select ship. i was forced to leave and remake

Timezone
    GMT -5

The game totally froze on me three times now. Twice during my first few online races when the game was released and just now after I had been playing online for about three hours. So it's not a problem that's kept me from playing online, but it does annoy me when I have to shut the PS3 down by the back power switch.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I had the same bug as Lunar with the strange points divided and the game crashed on me only once, while I was online! Furthermore the game runs Ubersmooth for me, no lag!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    oggob

Quote Originally Posted by mdhay View Post
    I've been getting that as well... mainly in the menu sections, pushing select brings up the a menu with broken programming code...

Selecting an option causes a freeze and you either have to soft/hard reset the console...

so just have to back out via the Circle button...
    Last edited by oggob; 28th September 2008 at 11:21 AM. Reason: I can't spell... :p

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

For some reason I can cycle through and I can see my name amongst other things.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

With "pushing select" do you mean selecting an option or actually the button "SELECT"?
    Cause if it's the button: who cares?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    oggob

On the screen it says...

"Press Select for..."

That's all I can see of it... even by taking the screen image down to 80%, but it overlays other parts of the menu... or I'm guessing the issue mdhay has was that it was coming up on the in-game screen... mine was in the top right hand corner, so it doesn't really pose a problem with actually impeding things, but it shouldn't be their in the first place.

remembering now, it came up at the end of a race for me, this was the first time and I did it, it took me back to the Main Menu and i didn't get the Gold Result for the event...

and yes, you have to press actual "SELECT Button" for something to change on screen... but like I said, it then displays broken code and possibly freeze your game.... so while you say it doesn't matter and theoretically it is minor and doesn't need to effect the gameplay element...

it's still a bug and one that should be addressed...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

I had a point bug, in a tournament online, after 4 races I had 16 points instead of 32! 2 races gave me 0 point instead of 8 (I won them)