Thread: Unlocking chrome/platinum skin?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Miths000

Default Unlocking chrome/platinum skin?

I saw a post on this forum a few days ago, saying that there's a chrome skin available for all ships, in addition to the three regular ones.
    Does anyone know if this is unlocked by reaching 100,000 loyalty points or rather by finishing all eight grids in the campaign, as the description for one of the trophies sort of suggests (calling it "campaign skin")?

Considering how much I'm getting my a** kicked already in Grid 5, I rather suspect I'll be hitting 100,000 points for several teams before I manage to finish the campaign - if I ever do at all .

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Miths000

Alright, I guess that there's absolutely no chance in hell I'll ever get a chrome skin then .
    Hopefully a custom skins feature will be added at some point in the future - along with Elimination mode.

I guess that also means that, aside from a trophy, there are no further loyalty points based rewards after you unlock the final HUD at 10,000 points. Or is it like Pulse where reaching 60,000(?) with one team will unlock the skins for the remaining teams?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Actually, you get the chrome skin just for going all gold in campaign, no matter the difficulty. I just happened to have it on elite

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Miths000

Okay, I guess that leaves me a tiny chance of eventually making it then .
    Last edited by Task; 27th September 2008 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Quotation of previous post removed

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Wip3ou7pure

Ugh it really ticks me off that it doesn't tell you which difficulty you have completed a race on... It's going to make getting this trophy alot harder as I will have to note on paper which ones ive finished on elite.

PSN ID
    technicolour

It does actualy, on the grid screen it'll display Best: Medal (Difficulty)

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Wip3ou7pure

It does on the PSP, but I was looking for that specifically in HD last night (i cant double check right now because Im at work). All it said was Best: Gold (DUH!) it didnt list what difficulty it was completed on.... then again, maybe i wasnt looking at a race, maybe i was looking at a speedlap or something.... ill check again tonight when im home

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    taqili

it does say, just look more carefully..

Unless there is more than one 'shiny' skin, I just cleared all events with mixed medals and gained it. I'm not particularly good at wipeout (Played 1, 2097 and Pure briefly and owned 64).

I used assist throughout and played races on novice. As it got tough to get the point allocation to unlock the next grid, I generally wouldnt accept less than a gold on races, and a silver on laps. I'm sure most people here will get medals in all events in the next few days.

Timezone
    GMT + 12

im having trouble beating the Elite AI, and i refuse to play on a lower difficulty, so it might be a while till i get these skins - might have to wait until i get my own PS3, which is definitely on the cards after borrowing one off my friend for HD's release!