Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Trophy Help Thread *All tricks and tips welcome*

PSN ID
    TearsToShreds

Quote Originally Posted by eLhabib View Post
    This is RIDICULOUS. I'm glad I got the Beat Zico Trophy now, and I am proud to have achieved this with only 2 (TWO) barrel rolls. Same line as I described in an earlier post, just perfected it (sideshift over the diagonal 3 speed pads, instead of turning, sideshifting into the apex of turns, finding exactly the right moment to turbo boost off the ramp, etc.)

This trophy has lost it's appeal completely to me, due to the fact that you can achieve it with a **** racing line, as long as you do 4 BRs.

Rob, I surrender. You were right all the way. BRs are destroying the game (in parts). Guess I will only be competitive in the long run on tracks that don't allow stupid BR exploits, since I still can't consistently pull them off...
    I must say I unfortunately agree. I was having a lot of fun today doing speedlaps on Moa Therma (Phantom), which I thought was one of the only tracks without BR's. I kept perfecting my racing line and beating my own records, and then I discovered the BR at the end of the track (and got a trophy for it! ). Fun was immediately gone.

That said, I haven't beaten the Zico challenge yet. I got a lap time of about 31.70 using two BR's (the only pretty obvious ones). I might try turboing in the section after the first turn (where the 3 speedpads are) to get 3 and beat the time like that, soon, though.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Flashback_Jack

Quote Originally Posted by The Muse View Post
    I discovered the BR at the end of the (Moa Therma) track (and got a trophy for it! ). Fun was immediately gone.
    Now we're reaching about these barrel rolls.

You completed an objective, Flatland Flyer to be precise, and won a trophy for it. Was that not fun?

- F

PSN ID
    TearsToShreds

I was just disappointed that after all that practice I could easily break my old record by doing that barrel roll, there. It just takes the challenge away for me.

Timezone
    GMT -6

I guess Im the only one here that plays zones.

PSN ID
    narren

Default beat zico

All this barrel roll hating just baffles me; I find them great fun and adds an extra layer of handling and technical skill.

Claiming that barrel rolls are killing the game and compromising its realism is absurd; it is afterall an arcade racing game based on floaty ships in the future. All the tracks are from pure and pulse and where designed with barrel roll opportunities in mind and they are an integral part of modern wipeout gameplay.

Above all it makes excellent trophies such as beat zico possible, which not only requires the player to devise a strategy but also requires skill to follow it through and beat the challenge making it one of the better trophies/achievements out there!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Wip3ou7pure

for the life of me i cant pull off that BR from the ramp to the highway... not enough air and not enough time, and if i take it from as far right as possible then i never land on the highway! it takes me way too long to do a BR to get one in that little gap.

EDIT: Dammit! For the life of me I can't seem to do this! My time now is 31.24 and it's driving me nuts! I save the turbo from the previous lap, use it right before the start line, hit all the arrows on the left hand bank, go over the hump and boost+BR, land and go up the big hill and BR, and then take all the following corners as straight as possible, hit TWO arrows on the left turn before the jump, jump to the highway (and even finally pulled off that BR) then hit all the arrows, drop off the left and BR+boostpad, and STILL 0.42 off... wtfz.
    Last edited by Wip3ou7; 30th September 2008 at 01:16 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    zerojay

Quote Originally Posted by conrad View Post
    All this barrel roll hating just baffles me; I find them great fun and adds an extra layer of handling and technical skill.

Claiming that barrel rolls are killing the game and compromising its realism is absurd; it is afterall an arcade racing game based on floaty ships in the future. All the tracks are from pure and pulse and where designed with barrel roll opportunities in mind and they are an integral part of modern wipeout gameplay.

Above all it makes excellent trophies such as beat zico possible, which not only requires the player to devise a strategy but also requires skill to follow it through and beat the challenge making it one of the better trophies/achievements out there!
    The problem is that after three games with barrel rolls, it's still almost impossible to pull them off at will.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

They are much easier to do in HD than in Pure or Pulse, but still, sometimes, they don't work. :-

Anyways, there's a barrel roll thread somewhere.

PSN ID
    SouthendRage

I find it weird how you guys talk about 'Pefect racing lines' And 'no BR's' The thing is, if you combine Perfect Racing Lines, and BR's it takes MORE skill and MORE precision if you do it all perfect, anyways BR's are a part of the game, and if you don't like it go play A PS1 Wipeout........

PSN ID
    CurlyPutz

I have got down to 31.73 with just two BR's. I guess I am too old for 3+ BR's these's days, been wiping out since the very first version back in the day when I was clubing every weekend and then caning wipeout until the sun came up. I have caned all versions with many freinds on here ever since.

I can't get the air to get the BR's in past that first corner but then I still play "tap tap" with the d-pad cos I am old school/stuck in my ways I guess.

I am sure I can do this(nico) time with only 2 BR's so thats what I am going to stick too.

I am not saying BR's are bad, just that for me they don't sit well as I am more used to out and out fast lines without trying to squeeze in these left right left actions every couple of seconds thats all.
    Last edited by BaldyCurly; 30th September 2008 at 08:44 AM.

PSN ID
    RozPT

EDIT: Dammit! For the life of me I can't seem to do this! My time now is 31.24 and it's driving me nuts! I save the turbo from the previous lap, use it right before the start line, hit all the arrows on the left hand bank, go over the hump and boost+BR, land and go up the big hill and BR, and then take all the following corners as straight as possible, hit TWO arrows on the left turn before the jump, jump to the highway (and even finally pulled off that BR) then hit all the arrows, drop off the left and BR+boostpad, and STILL 0.42 off... wtfz.
    That's odd. I did exactly the same thing and ended up with 30.58. When doing the second BR, try to nail the pad before the straight narrow one. It's a pad that near another pad in the downhill. I don't now if that's necessary but it'll help I think, although it's pretty hard to actually time the boost and BR's and land straight on top of it.

Anyway, I would say to improve your racing line but the majority of people here in WZ are quite experienced and don't need trajectory tips, so, keep trying and GL =)

It just seems that even with 4 BR's you can't beat the record. Bad racing line or not...

PSN ID
    narren

Barrel rolls aren't the only factor; you need to make good use of the sideshifting to shave more time off your lap

Being to lazy to go back through the whole thread, how on earth are people catching 4 or 5 BR's?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

You're gonna have to read the thread, I'm afraid

PSN ID
    Axellink

LOL I was gonna say the same thing. I tell you one thing, it's a good thing i'm not bothered about the trophies. Sounds like people are having headache fun lol. I'll probably get serious with the trophies a month down the line.

PSN ID
    keenandinho10

When I get home, I'll update the first post with the numerous techniques posted

hey fellas, here it is the VIDEO that shows how to beat him

ENJOY

CLICK " WATCH IN HIGH QUALITY" to see it better

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=O877da7BrTs&fmt=18

glac

cheers
    Last edited by Glaciuscreations; 30th September 2008 at 08:48 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Flashback_Jack

Nice run, though I think you killed off the effect of the initial boost by crossing the first speed pad. You likely could have gone faster if you avoided it altogether.

- F

yeah i know, i did thought about that to , thats why im gonna do a better run this weekend

cheers
    Last edited by Lance; 7th October 2008 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Redundant quotation removed.

PSN ID
    Nunalho

Well, first of all this is my first post in these forums.

I ve been a Wipeout fan since the first one came out, and its still my favorite racing game of all time.

I ve been trying to do all the trophies but some of them seem really hard, one of them WAS zico, yeah i did it today with 30.73...took me days to do it but i finnaly got that guys mug (chinese it seems) on my trophy list!
    Last edited by Nunalho; 1st October 2008 at 02:13 AM.