Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Trophy Help Thread *All tricks and tips welcome*

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

MEH! I was really hoping there would be a clever racing line involved, not ****ing BRs :-

PSN ID
    keenandinho10

Quote Originally Posted by rushin View Post
    re the 5 BR's to beat Zico..

I am not a big barrel roll hater, but it's stuff like this that makes me i think if you could exectute them only when you get big air then perfect, but when it becomes possible to get so technical and frantically do LRL's over every tiny jump then they lose their appeal and start to break the game.

Having on big jumps great, just adds excitement. having all over the place ruins the concept of racing. you dont need to race well to win, you need to perfectly line up a jump to just about manage a BR and forget about racing. dont like this.
    QIA

I believe the challenge loses alot of it's appeal due to this

PSN ID
    CurlyPutz

Default Nico Max BR's in one lap trophy....

Quote Originally Posted by SouthendRage View Post
    All you need to do to get the three rolls is keep that nose pointed up! Boost off the second small hill. Just hit the boosts on the track right and do the rolls as fast as you can.
    I am right in thinking you have to chain BR's together then, so left right left, then another left right left before you land = 2 BR boosts and so on??

Shame, I perfer racing to rolling but if is how it has to be then so be it.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Well... actually... that are old news.
    BRs distract from the racing. I have no problem to one once in a while, but TT is just no fun if you know you're good at racing and that it's just total irrelevant because there's always someone who will find this or that jump to execute a BR.

The worst thing about it is the fact that tracks itself are misused just to get another BR. I mean: the panels at Sol2 for example - they can be used as a ramp to do another BR, even though they're actually not made for it. And that's just one of dozens of track sections that can be used for BR. Track sections that were supposed to be track sections and not BR sections.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Default Beat Zico

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    taqili

Regarding the 16 gold medal at phantom level trophy -- can I do them @ Elite difficulty in the final grid and the rest in Racebox to count, or do I have to do them all in Racebox?

PSN ID
    SouthendRage

See you guys are annoyed about the rolls. It is a bit of a shame yes. It still take some precision to do it right, like if you boost at the wrong time you go too high, don't land both rolls on the boosts, and you fail.

Anulpha pass isn't a very technical track, what did you expect?

By the way in that youtube vid, he only does two barrels after the first straight. You can do three, because if you keep the nose sticking up, boost at the second bump, you should go pretty far, land the first quite a bit before the boosts at the top of the hill (the boosts at 0.16 secs in the vid above) you should bounce and have enough time to do another barrel, land and bounce again and do another, then land on the boost in the narrow bit at bottom of the hill. That is THREE rolls! Also when you land a roll on a boost, you seem to go much faster.

Let me make myself clear: You can do 5 Barrel rolls in one lap

This is why you can beat the Zico time by half a second and get 30.32.
    As long as you do the five rolls perfect, get the lines right, this should easily be possible.

With all these rolls:

Oh yes, the reason why I only got 30.62 with 5 rolls, and some of you got faster with 4 rolls. Lets just say it wasn't as clean as it could have been >< But I think the reason the SL guys say they can beat it by half a second is because they have done a good 5 roll lap.
    Last edited by SouthendRage; 29th September 2008 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Explanationinginging

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Whats the point of doing five rolls anyways? With four you get rid of the most stupid trophy ever (Perfect racing line my ***, more like perfect roll line). Seriously, four rolls, yay :/ Five is just too much annoyance. With only four it is quite easy so five it just takes more practise for almost the same result, and when you've done two 99 laps sessions trying to beat the time, you don't want to do anymore, trust me.

PSN ID
    SouthendRage

I know, I done three full sessions before beating it ><.

I was just saying that if anyone wants to go purely for the WR, they might wanna do 5 rolls, since it must be a bit faster if you do it right.

May do it one day, but no more thumb cramps for me

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

This is RIDICULOUS. I'm glad I got the Beat Zico Trophy now, and I am proud to have achieved this with only 2 (TWO) barrel rolls. Same line as I described in an earlier post, just perfected it (sideshift over the diagonal 3 speed pads, instead of turning, sideshifting into the apex of turns, finding exactly the right moment to turbo boost off the ramp, etc.)

This trophy has lost it's appeal completely to me, due to the fact that you can achieve it with a **** racing line, as long as you do 4 BRs.

Rob, I surrender. You were right all the way. BRs are destroying the game (in parts). Guess I will only be competitive in the long run on tracks that don't allow stupid BR exploits, since I still can't consistently pull them off...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

Default Beat Zico

I may never achieve the Beat Zico trophy. Playing with the internal cam makes doing too many BR's stupidly hard.

Congrats to those who pulled it off.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthendRage View Post

Oh yes, the reason why I only got 30.62 with 5 rolls, and some of you got faster with 4 rolls. Lets just say it wasn't as clean as it could have been >< But I think the reason the SL guys say they can beat it by half a second is because they have done a good 5 roll lap.
    Actually the time was set with 3, and beaten (by us) by half a second using 3BRs, not 4 or 5.

I do think it raises an idea though of some challenges for future that require a time to be beaten without BRs, which I'll mention to those still working on things
    Perhaps in future we could see some BR challenges and some none BR ones, though I cant promise anything

PSN ID
    RozPT

This trophy has lost it's appeal completely to me, due to the fact that you can achieve it with a **** racing line, as long as you do 4 BRs.
    **** racing line? Hardly. Even with 4 BR's if you don't get the trajectories right, you won't get the trophy. Sure, it may not be the PERFECT racing line but you can't zig-zag all the way and win with just BR's.

It must be good a combination of all techniques.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Flashback_Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Rubix42 View Post
    I may never achieve the Beat Zico trophy. Playing with the internal cam makes doing too many BR's stupidly hard.
    It sounds as if you don't want to part, even temporarily, with the "stupidly hard." Set your view to external and give it another go.

- F

Quote Originally Posted by eLhabib View Post
    Then, to be frank, one could suppose the record was **** to begin with, because barrel rolls and ideal racing lines aren't necesarily mutually exclusive. In fact, true world record times cannot be achieved without a combination of both. Case in point, I challenge anyone to score a lap below 17.50 on Metropia White (Phantom, Pulse) with anything but razor sharp, wall-fornicating lines, and with the three barrel rolls and one boost needed to do it.

Having said that, one could imagine Zico's record being beaten by more than the average half second everyone is creaming it by -- perhaps a lot more if lines are run as optimally as possible.
    Rob, I surrender. You were right all the way. BRs are destroying the game (in parts). Guess I will only be competitive in the long run on tracks that don't allow stupid BR exploits, since I still can't consistently pull them off...
    If we took a quick poll of those that share this point of view, in your estimation, what percentage of people who could consistently pull them off would agree with you? What's clear is that there's a clear correlation between those that don't mind them and their ability to execute them consistently and repeatedly, vice versa. And I imagine it's those that can't consistently pull them off who are driving the changes to the barrel roll system, starting with the Pure-esque re-nerfing of them in HD.

- F
    Last edited by Lance; 7th October 2008 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Merged two consecutive posts by same author. READ AND FOLLOW THE RULES OF THE FORUM..

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

That's simply not true, sorry. If you need proof that the Zico time is possible with a **** racing line and 4 BRs, go check youtube. He even scraped a wall... tssshhh

EDIT: I just realised that in this video, he does not actually beat the time, just show how to do it. Still, if you do 4 BRs, there's enough leeway for even missing a speed pad.
    Last edited by eLhabib; 29th September 2008 at 08:16 PM.

PSN ID
    SouthendRage

Hell! You SL guys done that time with 3 rolls? How is that possible. Oh well good for you, I can't imagine how perfect that lap must have been! :O

PSN ID
    RozPT

So I guess a **** racing line for you is everything NOT perfect? My racing line was not perfect but I sure as hell tried it to be.

And it's not like Zico's times is the uber time or any world record to praise on. From what I can tell it was meant to be a difficult trophy not impossible.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Flashback_Jack

Quote Originally Posted by eLhabib View Post
    If you need proof that the Zico time is possible with a **** racing line and 4 BRs, go check..
    I've seen the video, and we can conclude the trophy was a benchmark meant to be fast and tough to achieve, but clearly not set to the level of perfection we're accustomed to. That said, why not claim the mantle of perfection for yourself? Wring out the lap, set an uncatchably fast time and go down in HD history. Do it with a Piranha too, land all five barrel rolls and tie your lines so tight that they threaten to cut off anyone's circulation -- then everyone will be wanting to "beat Elhabib" instead.

- F

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

@SouthendRage: If you had read my post thoroughly, you would have learned that I did it with TWO. 30.70 to be precise.
    @Jack: maybe in the future, yes, but right now I can't be bothered with trying 5 BRs per lap. It just ain't fun... (and I ain't that great of a TT pilot anyway, more the multiplayer type )

EDIT: and if you need to 'beat eLhabib', come over to my house in Vienna, that's the easiest way to do it
    ...alright enough of the smacktalk
    Last edited by eLhabib; 29th September 2008 at 09:05 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Flashback_Jack

Well okay, but Zico is now an afterthought. Plenty have defeated him with their chosen number of barrel rolls, so whoever holds the bottom line fastest time is now king of the hill, so that's the man to beat.

Can't wait to get HD installed on my PS3 to see what this Zico thing is all about.

- F