Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Trophy Help Thread *All tricks and tips welcome*

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Wow, congrats Charlie! Don't you dare telling me how you pulled it off!

PSN ID
    Sumimasen

Default Beat Zico

I have managed to get a 32.20 so far. Pretty pleased with that (what with my 'dad' hands, and all!)

I reckon I have a way to get the trophy, but don't think I have the skill to pull it off. I'll keep trying though...

Here's my theory... Which may be old news, or a load of old poop...

Save a boost for the start of a new lap, then boost over the first pad. Hit the next three in the first turn, then set up to go diagonal over the three further on. This is all pretty straight forward, so I'll skip to the end... As you approach the raised track section, take the high line, then boost and barrel roll onto the track, hit 4 speed pads on this section, then drop off onto the main track on the left, barrel rolling. You should land and hit another speed pad when you land. Speed pads hit - 17, 2 x boost and 2 x barrel roll.

That's my theory. This is how I got my fastest lap, so I'm going to try to perfect it now.

Shame the online records system is a shoddy load of old shite, as these fast laps appear to be for nothing...
    Last edited by Sumimasen; 28th September 2008 at 07:42 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Wip3ou7pure

My time right now is 31.8x, grrrrr!

Going to have to give "Beat Zico" a go soon! Sounds like a right challenge!!

For anyone struggling with Flatland Flyer here is a video on one of the places to do it - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Vv4o6A8h7kc

Default Mod message.

Note to all posters in this thread:
    Please give a subject title to your posts that is the name of the trophy or trophy type that you're giving tips for or discussing. This would make it a lot easier for people to keep track of the ones they're trying to get at the time.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

Default Arcade Perfect

Anyone have any tips for beating Elite on Phantom? I can handle Elite on Venom, Flash and Rapier no problem. Is it just sticking to a tight line the whole way?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Default Bling Brigade

Ok guys seriously this is a bronze trophy. Need seven other players with unlocked skins (Not the default ones) to meet up with me at some time and do just one race. So come on, it isn't that hard.

PSN ID
    Sumimasen

Default Bling Brigade

I can be online in a minute, if you need another racer. As long as we race on venom or flash...

I'm just a bit pants today - been a stressful weekend, and as this will be my first online race, you'll need to go easy on me!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Quote Originally Posted by Rubix42 View Post
    Anyone have any tips for beating Elite on Phantom? I can handle Elite on Venom, Flash and Rapier no problem. Is it just sticking to a tight line the whole way?
    Basically, yes. That, and luck with weapon pickups.

PSN ID
    RozPT

Talking

Phew... 30.58 for Zico on lap 98! 2nd place in boards, Nº1 is a 30.57

And it was not a perfect run, there was room for improvement! Yay!

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Quote Originally Posted by Rubix42 View Post
    I'm finding it depends on the track, if you don't use pitch control properly on Chenghou for example they will beat your ass back to the stone age.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Default Beat Zico

Found the way to beat him, and I did (30.72). It's even a video. :O
    Come on guys, search a little, and you'll find it.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    taqili

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    Ok guys seriously this is a bronze trophy. Need seven other players with unlocked skins (Not the default ones) to meet up with me at some time and do just one race. So come on, it isn't that hard.
    we're already friends...I can do it with Icaras (only skin I have unlocked, Icaras loyal!) and will be on tonight whenever you want.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

I will try that in a 99 fast lap mode and go at the end, with luck i'll have enough laps to beat zico & earn two trophies in a row

PSN ID
    RozPT

That's exactly what I did leungbok, it's not that hard! Just need patience!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Sure roz, not the most fearing's trophies, to me (the most boring, maybe )

PSN ID
    SouthendRage

Talking

Woo Hoo! I finally beat it! Just. 30.81, but I discovered by accident that it is possible to do 5 Barrel rolls in one lap. I got 30.81 by doing 4 BUT....I didn't manage to do the barrel onto the thin track!

I'll give you some help tho. I used motion control for pitch, to keep the nose pointing up. It is possible to do three barrel rolls after the first turn and over the hill. Then the last two on and off the thin track.

All you need to do to get the three rolls is keep that nose pointed up! Boost off the second small hill. Just hit the boosts on the track right and do the rolls as fast as you can.

Even if you knew the complete method you will still find it very hard.

It takes time to learn how to do the three rolls correctly.
    EDIT: Just got 30.67 by doing 5 Rolls. Must be the way to do it then!
    I hope the Leaderboards update soon.
    By the way knowing the right way to do this will NOT make it any easier. It is still very hard to do and it will take you a while to do it.
    Last edited by SouthendRage; 29th September 2008 at 06:46 AM. Reason: Knew info

Timezone
    GMT -6

Default Zone Zues

Hey I was wondering if anyone has gotten or know of anyone who has gotten the Zone Zues trophy yet. I got mine yesterday, but seeings how the leaderboards arent working right Im not even on there

PSN ID
    rushinmonkey

re the 5 BR's to beat Zico..

I am not a big barrel roll hater, but it's stuff like this that makes me i think if you could exectute them only when you get big air then perfect, but when it becomes possible to get so technical and frantically do LRL's over every tiny jump then they lose their appeal and start to break the game.

Having on big jumps great, just adds excitement. having all over the place ruins the concept of racing. you dont need to race well to win, you need to perfectly line up a jump to just about manage a BR and forget about racing. dont like this.

PSN ID
    RozPT

The only BR I think is quite desperate is the narrow path one. But that would risky to perform in races since it's kinda dangerous to do it. If you miss you go out of the track or you don't do it all and must regain control of the ship, so I think this BR is only really needed for this challenge. As for the others, the hill BR's seem perfectly natural for me, since I'm taking advantage of the boosts

EDIT: Just got 30.67 by doing 5 Rolls. Must be the way to do it then!
    I did 30.58 with 4 BR's and 13 pads! Maybe that extra roll isn't that good?