Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Trophy Help Thread *All tricks and tips welcome*

Timezone
    GMT -3
    PSN ID
    D_1998_BR

Talking

Beat Zico is easier than it seems,try side-shifting through corners and making them as close to the wall as possible,don't miss a barrel roll opportunity or your done,in straight parts keep on a straight line.My best so far is 29.54 (Number 28 global,but the leaderboards didn't update yet).After some tries you will surely do it.After some more tries you will beat him on your 2nd lap easily

Zone Zeus is quite hard,as i did it only once when i was bored (anulpha pass zen-cruising relaxes me).Got to zone 70 and magically i stopped hitting walls then got to zone 89...My average zone is 73,i never got to supersonic again...

Elite Campaign Legend is by far the hardest trophy in the game for me.Takes way too long to beat those Elite Phantom AIs at Meltdown (You will get angry on that single race on chengou project).Tournaments are quite fair,since you just need to get 2nd or 3rd everytime to snatch that gold medal.Speed laps,zones and Time Trials are easy,the problem is the AI-based games.

With some effort you will get Transcendent when your less expecting it

~D~

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    araos1

I skimmed the first 31 pages of this thread and didn't see the question so I'm gonna ask it.

Here's the one I'm having trouble with.

"Flatland Flyer - Bronze Trophy - Execute and land a successful barrel roll on Moa Therma"

How do you get enough air to even do a barrel roll on this track? There aren't any jumps.

PSN ID
    Ziz528

Last hairpin corner, take the speed pad on the exit, then airbrake left and aim for the track, which should give you just enough air to BR as there is a little ridge on the left hander.

See Hellfire's video tutorials or any video of forum members on Moa Therma for clarification

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    araos1

^ Thanks for the tip. I might get it yet.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Archon473

I lack a second Dualshock 3. Is there any way to finagle split-screen races using only one controller so I can earn "Gemini?"

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Archon473

Got it! I ran Venom time trials on TDR reverse, finished with 1st player, then barrel rolled 2nd player off the bridge and into the mountains until he blew. Da Bomb is next. I think I'm going to try Vineta K or Mallavol to avoid the bombs spawning in unreachable places. Then it's on to the hardest of all... Stats Life--er I mean, Zone Zeus!

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

Well I finally finished my trophy videos. They've taken much longer than I planned, real life has got in the way sadly. Anyway here they are. I hope they're of use to someone, I know there are many great vids out there, but here's my humble contribution...

Flatland Flyer
    Motion Master
    Amphi-scenic route
    Sharp Shooter
    Stay On Target
    Cannon and On
    Da Bomb
    Elimin18
    Hold Your Fire
    Just Passing Through
    Zen Evasion / Zone Battle Legend
    Airbraker / Zone Zeus
    Tournament Ace
    Beat Zico
    Arcade Perfect - Part 1
    Arcade Perfect - Part 2

Channel Page

Cheers,

Adam

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Azurooth

Truly well done on the videos Gadam. =)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

I have a question for you guys. I am heading for the "Elite Campaign Legend" throphy, actually the second last thropy missing for me...
    Actually everything was pretty easy or good to handle until Meltdown.
    I already finished most of the events, including the speed laps and time trials. But I stuck at winning races on Chenghou Project, Sol 2 or Sebenco Climb. Especially on Chenghou Project I am happy [well, rather fortunate] if I can finish the race without destroying my ship. I finish on the last place most of the time, even the field is directly infront of me.
    I am desperate... How is it possible to win this race??? I have to admit I even tried that pilot assistance system but that's utter crap... Steers you away from one wall directly into the opposite wall.
    Is there a special trick where to use turbo and what else to do? I was not even close to win it after 1 week of trying...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    zdravkelja

Yeah, Chengou is the most anoying one. It took me more than 20 tries to win that race. Than i switched to Feisar and got it on the 3rd try. I have the impression they are slower when I use Feisar and it's great ship for the Meltdown races.
    Keep trying and stay focused. For hard places: use sideshift on the first 90 turn, barrel roll on both jumps. Than on that wide bend pitch nose of the ship down so you have more control. Else should not be so hard. Absorb everything except when you are 2nd and you can use rocket to overtake the leader or if you have shield and are in the middle of the pack. Use turbo after the 90 turn, after the wide bend or after the last pair of bends. Ideally you can overtake the leader after 3 or 4 laps.
    Sol 2, I got it on the first try with Feisar, I was probably a little bit lucky, I got turbo in every lap.
    Sebenco was one of the easier, but I love that track and I'm good on it. Sideshift every bend and hit speedpads on every. If you hit speed pad after the 4th, barrel roll on the big straight fall before the tunel. Tunel exit is ideal place for turbo.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Thank you for your tips. I will keep that in mind and keep on practicing.

I won Sol 2 forward in a single race [for the "perfect pilot" thropy] with Feisar pretty easy surprisingly... But in the campaign I somehow can't make it. And I used Feisar everytime for every race so now I switched to Piranha on Chenghou. Will post a video from today of my failure as soon YouTube is ready with the upload. Maybe you guys find I am doing something wrong

And thanks for the tips on Sebenco, *sigh* I have a free weekend infront of me, so I hope I can win at least one of these races.

Oh btw: I won the Ubermall race on difficult & phantom in the campaign but in the stats it didn't get added to the list to optain the perfect pilot thropy. Campaign races do not count?
    Last edited by docfo4r; 17th February 2012 at 02:30 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    IoannisVita

Quote Originally Posted by docfo4r View Post
    Oh btw: I won the Ubermall race on difficult & phantom in the campaign but in the stats it didn't get added to the list to optain the perfect pilot thropy. Campaign races do not count?
    If I remember correctly and you are reffering to the arcade perfect trophy, you need to win the 8 main tracks in single races both the fwd and the rev versions. Do this by selecting single race/Phantom/Elite from the main menu.
    So to answer your question, no, I don't think campaign wins count towards the trophy.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Alright then, makes sense now! Thanks

EDIT: I won the race! Unbelieveable! I picked the normal HD Feisar instead of the Fury Piranha. And before I picked the Fury Piranha I always raced with the Fury Feisar. Was it really a matter of the choice of the race craft??
    Anyway: Here is my noobish Piranha fail video from this morning. Even I won the race now, I am not so happy because I think I still don't have enough skill to repeat wins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Fz7CCwjgk50
    Last edited by docfo4r; 17th February 2012 at 03:32 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    zdravkelja

Oh, I forgot to add that even though I had Fury, I played HD campaign with HD crafts.

Judging by that video, you have to learn the track a little bit better and learn sideshifts. Seriously. I have played so long without them. And then, month ago, I picked the game again, finally learned to use them properly and it drastically improved my results. Suffice to say that since I got into the game again, I won probably more than 80% of races I entered online.
    Last edited by zdravkelja; 17th February 2012 at 04:49 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Yeah, I know. You're right. I actually never used sideshift in WHD except for the Zico thropy. For me it's difficult to launch a sideshift. I tried it, it won't happen while steering, is that the same for you? I always have to leave the left analog stick straight for making a sideshift.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    zdravkelja

I have never used analog stick but it should work. For examle, Chengou 90 degree turn, steer left, one long, two short airbrake taps and you shold be able to hit speedpad on the left.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Liod19

Does anyone have any recommendations on how to get the double kill-trophy?
    First I thought I would get this automatically just by racing against the AI, but was never lucky. And after a hundreds of races deliberately shooting the AI I still don't have it.
    So can anyone tell me which track, speed class or ship is best to shoot them? (I guess it's Triakis) And is it better to set them on Novice or Elite?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Sorry, I can't recall how exactly I did it. All I know is that I used Feisar and raced on Moa Therma fwd.

I'd say, use novice and slow speed since you will have more time to aim correctly and you won't waste too much time catching up with the field. Make out one enemy and shot him only, then go to the next one...
    But on the other hand, on novice you will only have 3 laps to go... You need to find a balance for yourself and practice. That's how I did it

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Liod19

Ok, thanks for the help anyway. I'll try it again and again and again... God, I'm so annoyed by this trophy already <.<