Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Trophy Help Thread *All tricks and tips welcome*

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    keade

I've got the "Da bomb" trophy today and I noticed something strange (sorry if that's been mentionned before) : I'm pretty sure sometimes, the announcer doesn't announce the bomb. It happened to me, like, 1 time per try. I don't know if it's a bug, or due to the announcer being busy saying something else, though.
    Last edited by Kaede; 16th May 2010 at 09:36 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Yeah that happens, you'll also find that depending on the track, you will get a bomb place somewhere "Unshootable", off track.
    The first time I had this was on Anulpha Pass forward, I was coming around the bend that leads to the bridge and noticed that the bomb had been placed on a ledge way up on the left, pity I never took a photo, it was a classic WTF moment.

PSN ID
    Curufinwe5503

I was just looking at my Trophies on the Playstation website, and for some reason Wipeout HD isn't on my list of games.

Anyone else having this problem? This is my PSN name if anyone wants to check it for me:

Curufinwe5503

[EDIT] It seems this bug only affects the American version of playstation.com since Wipeout HD is there on my Trophies page if I sign into eu.playsation.com instead of us.playsation.com where I usually go to.
    Last edited by G-Hob; 16th June 2010 at 04:21 AM.

PSN ID
    ooze_dat (PS3 - thinking of getting a PSP-Go)

is BEAT ZICO trophy possible to get? I keep trying and failing. Its not possible with a Piranha I dont think. I see the videos on youtube and try to copy the moves but I cant do it. big downer.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    Dark-Twisted

It certainly is a tricky one... personally, I found this very helpful > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66VL_K7kXt8 . A step-by-step guide, if you follow what he says and keep practising you'll get it eventually... it's a tricky one, Zico...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

A fast method to get arcade perfect and tournament ace at once (you can even respawn, lol)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X3re...x=0&playnext=1

PSN ID
    Seraphim1982

Ok so I'm finally digging in and going to get the last couple of trophies on this game. All I've got left to get are Airbraker Zone Zeus and Elite campaign legend. I know elite will just take practise and some grinding away until I get lucky but can anyone recommend any tips for the zone ones? I can't get above zone 45 with normal steering never mind just airbrakes and sideshifting.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    IoannisVita

for the 3 zone trophies use Syncopia.
    its the easiest track.

for Airbraker turn off the motion sensor from options, and DONT touch the d-pad or analog stick or you'll never get it.
    i know it seems impossible at first but keep practicing and you'll get better everytime.
    some tips: never try too many times in a row. i find it much easier if you take a break and try later
    putting your fav music or turning off music helps too.
    also if it starting to get frustrating stop and try later when you feel better.
    to do well in Zone you must feel good, if u aren't concentrated you'll crash all the time.
    and remember the secret of wipeout: practice is the key...

PSN ID
    Seraphim1982

Grrrr I got as far as zone 44 on Syncopia, all seems to go well up until super phantom then the little mistakes start creeping in, by the time I get to Zen certain sections of the track are bouncing me around like a pinball. I'm starting to get that twitchy feeling like when I first started playing wipeout lol.

__________________________________________________ ___________
    Airbraker in the bag
    Last edited by SaturnReturn; 23rd September 2010 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Merged double post. Please avoid double posts within 24 hours. Use edit butotn.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Javariko

Zone is ALL about practice. Try again, again, and hey, again. If you really want this trophy accept the fact it's gonna be hours of work mate. Die, try again, repeat.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Maybe Syncopia isn't the easiest track for you, it wasn't for me.
    Mind you I had just managed to get Zone Zeus before Fury was released, so it wasn't a option for me at the time, but it still rings true.
    Try Anulpha forward instead, most people seem to have got it on this track, mainly due to the none zone practice you get by normal racing, you just tend to know it better and how to adjust your lines on it at any given moment.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Javariko

Yep, did it on Anulpha Pass too. Didn't have Fury either though. Still, I would probably play AP if I had to beat it again. Although I get 120-130s on AP nowadays so it wouldn't really be a problem anyway. Not showing off, just saying that practice does really pay off. Do people truly expect to get Zone Zeus in a few races?

PSN ID
    wirehang

Hi folks,

I've just got another PS3 having sold my old one about 18 months ago. First thing I did was redownload Wipeout HD.

So my problem is that the trophies I earned way back are in my profile, but they are not unlocked in the game. Do I have to do anything to get them to appear?

Cheers,
    matt
    Last edited by wirehang; 26th September 2010 at 10:03 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Trophies are linked to your PSN ID, unless you have changed your user name they should appear when you look in trophies.
    Did you backup your data from the old PS3 and put it on the new?
    You need the Wipeout game save data from your old console to be put on the new one to have everything back the way it was, otherwise the game will treat you as a new player and you will have to play through again to open everything up.

PSN ID
    wirehang

The trophies show up outside of the game, but not in game. Sadly I no longer have my old save data.

I hoped it would be like GTi Club+ where the game was clever enough to adjust it's menus to show unlock status based on your trophy record if a save didn't exist.

Ah, well, never mind. I don't have the time to replay it all so I'll just jump into Fury.

PSN ID
    wirehang

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by wirehang View Post
    Sadly I no longer have my old save data.
    I found my save data on an old 128MB(!) USB stick. So happy!

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

Can somebody answer me this please - what is the trophy immediately beneath "Elite Campaign Legend" in the trophy list. Most people seem to have it but it appears as a hidden trophy to me. I have a feeling it's something pretty easy to get.

Cheers.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

It's Deadly Momentum isn't it? Get elim'd in a Single Race against Novice AI. That one.

Check if you have it, that might be the one

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

Thanks Yeldar. I was perhaps being a bit lazy, after I'd posted I looked at the first page of this thread and was sure that was the only hidden I didn't recognize.

Actually I'm quite chuffed I don't have it

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

I don't know if this has been posted before on this thread,but...
    If you have the Fury Expansion pack,you can get Gemini by selecting Player 1's ship,then reassign controller to Player 2,then choose Player 2's ship.
    To get it the short and efficient way(I feel cheap),set the track and target as follows:
    Track:Anulpha Pass Forward
    Zone Target:15
    Fill Player 1's boost to max twice to win.Repeat until that notification pops up.