Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Trophy Help Thread *All tricks and tips welcome*

PSN ID
    Seraphim1982

I appreciate the offer but I got it now, strange thing is I felt that my own ghost was putting me off. I was getting so irritated when I overtook myself after the first bend then it pulling ahead of me just before the jump to the thin track so I switched the ghost off.

Daft thing is I almost didn't realise I had beaten the time. Best advice I can give is know where the barrel rolls are and once you got that just try to perfect the racing line through the corners. It takes so long to get it all right on one lap though, so often did I miss the second or third BR's.

PSN ID
    Drizzit42

I tried to beat Zico this morning.......after 50 Laps I was at 32:08, still a long way to go
    Is it even possible to beat the time with 3 Barrel Rolls? Would be great since I can't seem to get the one on the overpass right.

Hopefully Amorbis' ghost will help me a bit

edit:
    now at 31:75 with 3 BR
    Last edited by Drizzit; 26th April 2009 at 02:15 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    zeeZinator

I managed to get it down to 31:04 without the overpass roll. I think it's possible. Doesn't mean it's gonna be easy though

PSN ID
    silverfoxy

I think I've read on this site that Zico actually did it with only 2 BRs. I know people have done it with only 3 BRs so it is possible. Use sideshifting as much as possible instead of steering as this slows the craft down less. Get as little air as poss when using the boost, just enough to do the BR. The higher you go the more you slow !!

It should be a lot less frustrating to try now that you can undo using the speed boost by pressing select. That was one of the most annoying parts of beating Zico was only being able to try it every other lap. That and the BR onto the bridge. For that keep as close to the left round the corner and then go as far to the right and turn your craft 45 degrees so it is pointing towards the overpass. Pull back as much as poss and then hope. You may need to use a little bit of airbraking just to correct yourself to land on the bridge. Make sure you sideshift off the overpass as well rather than turning off.

Good luck with it though

PSN ID
    kgb1971

I recently beat Zico, I did it with 3 BR's.

Leading up to the good lap i managed to Br onto the overpass constantly, but on the good lap I failed but still managed to equal zico's time.

Make sure you take all the corners tight, but the place where you can really make time up is with a very good line on the first BR: Turbo up the small bump, BR and aim for the right hand side of the track, if you can keep in a straight line from the first BR into the next one then it could be the deciding factor.

EDIT: Don't know if it is just me, but it seemed easier to do since the update and Zeus!

PSN ID
    Seraphim1982

Ha! I'm working on Zeus and Airbraker now and they don't seem easier at all, having said that I don't play zone at all so it's probably just practice needed for me.

PSN ID
    silverfoxy

Zone is definitely a lot easier on the later zones (IMO) since the update.

Not sure about Airbraking as once I got that trophy I never tried it again.

Zones do need a lot of practice though but just set yourself the target of beating where you got to last time and beating the number of perfect laps and zones that you did. Anulpha forward or reverse are the easiest to do it on.

got Arcade , endurance , 2kills ,Livery Liberation ,,WipEout Disciple ,10wins,

all in this weekend, pretty happy with that just when i did Zone Zeus , i got the zone 74,8 ! it made me so madi was 2 sec away and then it would have been mine but i didt make it =( but now i know i can get there

glac
    Last edited by Glaciuscreations; 8th June 2009 at 09:24 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -8

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox073 View Post
    Zone is definitely a lot easier on the later zones (IMO) since the update.

Not sure about Airbraking as once I got that trophy I never tried it again.

Zones do need a lot of practice though but just set yourself the target of beating where you got to last time and beating the number of perfect laps and zones that you did. Anulpha forward or reverse are the easiest to do it on.
    How did the update make Zone mode easier? Not that I don't believe you, I'm just wonderin.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Thegide

Quote Originally Posted by Drizzit View Post
    I tried to beat Zico this morning.......after 50 Laps I was at 32:08, still a long way to go
    Is it even possible to beat the time with 3 Barrel Rolls? Would be great since I can't seem to get the one on the overpass right.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfox073 View Post
    Use sideshifting as much as possible instead of steering as this slows the craft down less.
    Quote Originally Posted by KGB1971 View Post
    I recently beat Zico, I did it with 3 BR's.

Leading up to the good lap i managed to Br onto the overpass constantly, but on the good lap I failed but still managed to equal zico's time.

Make sure you take all the corners tight, but the place where you can really make time up is with a very good line on the first BR: Turbo up the small bump, BR and aim for the right hand side of the track, if you can keep in a straight line from the first BR into the next one then it could be the deciding factor.
    Also did it with 3BR, failing the one onto the overpass. The key is a tight line, and sideshift while crossing speed pads, where appropriate. This includes two of the three pads at the start, the one after the tunnel, and the pair of pads as you make the sharp left before the bridge. SS on top of pads rewards you with extra speed.

PSN ID
    silverfoxy

@ getting money - I think Zone is easier than before the update as the steering is a bit "crisper" particularly at higher Zones. Makes it a lot easier to do perfect zones and repair damage to your craft. Practice also helps a lot to get used to the different lines you need at different speeds.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Timezone
    GMT -8

Wooo, I just read that thread and it seems like it makes getting the Zone trophies much more feasible to me because I completely suck at Zone. I'm not one to complain about a trophy's difficulty and I'd rather developers didn't make their games easier just because people are complaining, but if I can take advantage of those fixes, I won't be upset.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Maybe late because many zoners have already won this trophy, but here a video showing different methods to beat zico http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91mn8hVOwG8

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

Can't remember if i've linked this or not, but it should help.

http://www.ps3trophies.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18438

anyone want to help out with the Assasin 50 ppl online trophy im serisouly having problems wiht it as i cant kill anyone lol =(

my psn in " Glaciuscreations " like we can do turns in killing each others, hope anyone is up for it cheers

glac

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Eh, I guess I could help. Send a message to "Mistywing", I need to get it done for that other account.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Spece2goin

i have a question

AI is f***ing weird, and so scandalous sometimes.
    what do i need to get arcade perfect?
    in french the trophy is described like i have to win all races at phantom on each track, with elite AI on a TOURNAMENT!! o_O

but the english description does not mention a tournament, so
    can i win them separately?
    cause damn, i beated my best time, but there was always a piranha or a EG-X at first place, which can arrive with a time that could be ranked under #100
    and i could win even being slower (got Elite legend)

so? hope it's not a tournament, i can't have 100% success over AI...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    tug_14

come on arena espèce de ......
    U'll find what u looking for .
    No need to race in tounament , win each race at phantom class is enough .

PSN ID
    Reezellthia

For arcade perfect, EG-X works alot better than Feisar on the tricky reverse courses (Chenghou, Sebenco, Sol 2).