Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Trophy Help Thread *All tricks and tips welcome*

PSN ID
    Constrictor4U

Thx! Tried the PS2 controller USB adapter version - rented from my neighbor - and it worked.

@mbd: THX for the S/C hints. I used Feisar for my attempts - handles very well for the 90 deg turns. Will try AG after my thump is feeling better ...

Default Assassin Trophy help

Hey there everybody!

I'm trying to get this assassin trophy. If there's anybody out who needs that too or just want to help out,... pleeeaaaase contact me via PM or directly in PSN, nick: Finn_87

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Tomeru

Well, after watching several videos of Beat Zico, I am certain that it is not that hard. After 3 tries I am down to 31:00, so getting from there to 30:82 is easy if I just don't grind walls and such. It is tricky only because of the BR you have to do when you get on the overpass. 31:00 after oh 150 laps (half of which is making a lap just to get the speed boost, so technically, its 75 laps. Good music and some food is yer best friend here).

So what I'm saying, after a friend of mine quit trying to beat Zico is: Don't fret! I know it looks impossible, but people are still doing it, and none of them is superhuman. Hell, if I let such a small thing stop me from playing, I would've stopped playing racers when Gran Turismo came out!

Have faith racers!

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Tomeru

And to back it up: I beat Zico with 30.63! Do not fret!

PSN ID
    Dwb_SWE

I just won my Flatland Flyer Bronze Trophy Moa Therma! I don't know how many nights I've tried this in frustration! I chose Piranha in Racerbox at Phantom speed and when i got to the curb i just punched off my turbo... And bam i was flying up high in the sky. I wish that i had this on film, It's a beautiful view up there.

So to you trying for this trophy, just chill and don't try to hard! That's what i did and with a simple Turbo Boost - not a too fast left-right-left-right maneuver i came through with a perfect BR. And if i can do this so can you. Don't ever give up!

Happy about my new trophy

Happy New year to all of you great people in here! <3

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

Quote Originally Posted by H3avyM3tal View Post
    Well, after watching several videos of Beat Zico, I am certain that it is not that hard. After 3 tries I am down to 31:00, so getting from there to 30:82 is easy if I just don't grind walls and such. It is tricky only because of the BR you have to do when you get on the overpass. 31:00 after oh 150 laps (half of which is making a lap just to get the speed boost, so technically, its 75 laps. Good music and some food is yer best friend here).

So what I'm saying, after a friend of mine quit trying to beat Zico is: Don't fret! I know it looks impossible, but people are still doing it, and none of them is superhuman. Hell, if I let such a small thing stop me from playing, I would've stopped playing racers when Gran Turismo came out!

Have faith racers!
    Hi, I remember when I thought Zico was sooo hard, and today I tried like 40 laps
    on AP venom (with Icaras), and correctly executed the BR onto the overpass maybe
    34-35 times!!

I was expecting a much lower success-rate, but I'm glad, obviously.
    Whenever it failed, it was because my ship wasn't sufficiently on the right
    before the jump, or because I wasn't coming in a diagonal (left => right) before
    the jump.

A month ago I would do a successful BR out of 3... so what has changed?
    I think I wasn't really feeling BRs, I knew I had to put the ship to the right,
    pitch it up and do a left-right-left combination, and land it more to the right
    of the overpass, but I was always thinking too much of how to do it, instead of
    just doing it like now... (Nike: just do it.) hehe.

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Well, I have managed to beat Zico last night!, to be honest, that was so bloody hard!

Before, I have tried anything without somebody`s ghost, took me just under 800 laps and got to 30.01. I was getting demented by it.

After, I decided to try their ghost through El`s website, I did tried Rubix42`s ghost, but wrong type of codex and lastly I went for Armobis`s ghost 30.72.

And now, just under 200 laps later, alot of really close times stupid BRs and eventually done it! Hooraay!!

My time is now 30.56 and a trophy!

here is my link as proof! ---->http://cid-abbbe002add06a0b.skydrive...Zico%20003.JPG

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    FrenkyV

Nice

I managed not to beat him but get exactly the same time 30.82 , but its enough for the trophy

First i got like 100 laps till get to 31.00. Then another 100 to get me to 30.86 (!)
    Finally i got it, and got the trophy, but i don't think i ever can go faster then 80.82

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    abukii

Arrow

Beat Zico- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeTmo2EMWQ8
    You guys are right...it is difficult. Ive only been ably to get a low 31.

Flatland Flier and Lapped Out- Go into Racebox
    Select Speed Lap (99 laps)
    Select Moa Therma
    Select your ship and run it!

It only takes 30-40 minutes.

The second to last bend on the track elevates in the turn. You want to boost while going up. Its somewhat of a tricky landing, but you have 99 laps to figure it out. 2 tropies

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by abukii View Post
    The second to last bend on the track elevates in the turn. You want to boost while going up.
    can be done without boost so you can just do it in a race, but then again; two birds, one stone. just a tippie. but to be honest, most people will almost certainly do 99 laps trying to beat zico, i know i did
    Last edited by yeldar2097; 15th March 2009 at 10:36 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    machiasu

Just to clarify: for the Arcade Perfect trophy, both Tournament races and Single races in Racebox will count. I've seen people saying that only Single races will count, but that's not the case. I just got the trophy myself , and I've won the races in tournament mode.
    Last edited by machiasu; 3rd February 2009 at 10:42 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Them Youtube comments always give me a good chuckle

PSN ID
    stinkleroy

Haha "I want to shoot his dog and his family". Gotta love youtube

PSN ID
    Seraphim1982

Ok I've manged to nail all four BR's on this God forsaken task and my lap time is 30.83!!!!!!

Will I get the trophy if I hunt Zico down and literally beat him to death with a rubber chicken?

Failing that does anyone have any tips? I've hit all the BR's according to the YouTube videos but im still 1/100th of a second off.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

lines are more important than br in wipeout. If you can perform all the br, just concentrate on the best lines and you'll leave zico behind soon, for sure
    Ah, also when you boost/br don't fly too high, the lowest you fly, the fastest you go !

PSN ID
    Drizzit42

I haven't beaten Zico myself yet (32.51 atm with three barrel rolls) but anyway:
    - make sure you hit all speedpads in the first corner
    - after the second barrel roll you should land on the left speed pad for some extra boost
    - optimize your racing line
    Last edited by Drizzit; 25th April 2009 at 08:24 PM.

PSN ID
    Seraphim1982

Maybe thats why I'm just slightly off then, I've put the motion control onto pitch and when ive been taking off ive been practically throwing the controller over my head to get as much air as possible.

I'm about ready to throw my console out if the window, I get the feeling that I would have done this by now if I'd gone for it pre update.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    zeeZinator

I must have done well over 700 laps, didn't even get the barrel roll on a tenth of that. Thanks to the update you can now retry the next lap and don't have to waste time doing another lap just for the start boost.

I was chasing after Amorbis' ghost to improve my line - up the the point I managed to be always ahead of it... except for that <insert hefty language here> overpass barrel roll

PSN ID
    Seraphim1982

I got it!!!!! 30.67, my girlfriend has left me but it was worth it lol.

PSN ID
    Amorbis

I can't agree with Zeez enough about the use of ghosts for beating Zico. They show you the best lines without having to refer to videos. You can chase them in game, learn their racing line, learn shortcuts, learn where to barrel roll and eventually overtake them.

You can download my ghost here..

The overpass barrel roll is very finicky so the only advice I can really give is to pull up and go as far as you can to the right before the jump so you get the most height. Keep pressing left, right very fast if you're like me and are useless at barrel rolls .