Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Trophy Help Thread *All tricks and tips welcome*

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    trentdf

i could understand 3, because you still hit the triple speed pad. I can't understand how it's possible with 2

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Nadia_Elenova

Quote Originally Posted by LordOmega View Post
    -Blind Brigade (can anyone help me to get it =P?)
    Count on me on this one, anyone else joins?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    ElSuperNova

Angry

Zico, Why art thou so cruel!

I got 30.87 on my 97th lap

PSN ID
    Nunalho

I only lack one trophy and i am close to giving up...

I need the Arcade 16 tracks on Elite/phantom.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    ElSuperNova

HAHA, Eat it Zico!, i Got 30.52 , I counted all the laps, i beat zico in 220 laps

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Eh! 220 laps! At Venom that didn't bore the life out of you no?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    ElSuperNova

Talking

Hehe, damm right.....at least i got some 10,000 loyalty for my Piranha
    Really now, it should be 110 official "Attempt laps" the other 110 using the boost at the line

well...at least i gave zico a good whopping...although that 30.87 really put my morale down

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Park34

Good work Nova, just think that you've beaten him, forget all the other things xD.

Great, yesterday was epic, I got in 2 hours:

- Campaign Legend (Elite)
    - AG Assasin
    - 100,000 loyal points with my Feisar =D

Now I just need people to get the Blind Brigade...what a stupid last trophy, isn't it?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    trentdf

SuperNova, i see your 30.87 and raise you 30.85

But, finally, 20 Laps later... 30.68!!!!!!!

How sweet it is

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

RE:Lance's last post in this thread

Colin said ZICO did it with 3 B/R's and elhabib said he managed it with 2....which 2 B/R's and where I don't think he ever mentioned.

With getting the frustratingly difficult Elite Campaign Legend trophy, I found on Meltdown - [phantom] that it was best to attack only up to 5th place by the third lap,otherwise the AI comes out of nowhere if you manage to find yourself any further ahead and just creams you....then you will find the front running AI will separate from the rest and it is just a matter of catch up [and luck on pick ups]absorb anything that doesn't make you go faster or autopilot.

Again on Meltdown ECL ,on C/Project and Sol 2 you basically NEED to use Feisar to get gold,just absorb as much as you can to keep your shields up and follow the advice above.
    And don't B/R over the jump on the first lap of C/Project,you lose too much shield for far too little gain position wise in a 5 lap race IMHO.
    Sebenco can be done with AG Systems as well,you just have to use a high thrust craft for that one,I actually found getting the Rapier ECL in Vertigo harder than the Phantom one in Meltdown.

The hardest one of all,the 8 race phantom tournament Elite in Meltdown.
    You want to place first in the first 3 races and third or better in the next 3 to stand a chance of getting gold.....if you haven't then you might as well start again because the AI will get you on SOL 2...you want it so that you have enough points ahead at the start of SOL 2 that if you come 5th or better on SOL 2 you'll win the tournament,it will count back to previous races if you have equal points with another craft at the end of the tournament,another reason for the need for 1st's at the tournaments start.

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

Default The gospel according to WipEout, HD 25:17 (Ezikiel 25:17)

Why art thou so cruel!
    The path of the Piranha is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil Zico. shielded is he who autopilots the Icaras through the Anulpha of darkness, for he is truely his records keeper,and the finder of lost racing lines. And I will strike down upon thee with great rockets and furious missile, those who attempt to leech and eliminate my brothers.And you will know my name is Mirage, when I lay my quakes upon you.
    Last edited by mdhay; 2nd November 2008 at 07:50 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Aaaaamen

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

I can't even begin to say how many times I had to watch Pulp Fiction to remember that.
    -----------
    My advice to anyone is don't try to get them and turn notification messages off - treat it like The Game.
    Crap.

PSN ID
    chboing

ok, so now i own wipeout since 7 october, 1 month
    just miss the "Zone Zues" trophy ... i can only get to zone 60 for the moment ...

i miss the AG assassins one too but this one is just spending time online ...

damn mach1 is fast !

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    b4p-

i'm having a lot of trouble on the ag assassins one. is there some trick i dont know about? I am stuck on 0 kills after a few nights of playing :/

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

It really is all down to either patience, or setting up an eliminator-style race. The latter was how I eventually managed to get it.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    b4p-

is anyone still organizing those races? i would love to join one sometime.

edit: i finally got the zico trophy. i tied him at 30.82

edit2: i finally got the AG Assassins trophy. Thanks Bendok.
    Last edited by b4p; 16th November 2008 at 07:31 AM.

PSN ID
    Constrictor4U

Default Gemini trophy as single player

Hi, maybe a really stupid question: How do I obtain the gemini trophy without buying a 2nd controller - and maybe hiring a 2nd player ?

btw, even that I'm not playing that much I seem to get physically handicapped by playing W'O" for too long. My right thump is feeling numb from continuously pressing (too) hard on X and O *sic*. I don't know how many laps I flew in Phanton elite race on S/Climb - the only Gold I'm missing for Campaign Elite ... I'm down to < 2:10 but never got it better than 3rd place.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Danterich

For Gemini I used my old PS2-Controller with Speedlink-PS2-USB-Adapter(only difference is Vibration doesn´t work), but it was annoying to fly against myself this way over and over.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Constrictor View Post
    Hi, maybe a really stupid question: How do I obtain the gemini trophy without buying a 2nd controller - and maybe hiring a 2nd player ?

btw, even that I'm not playing that much I seem to get physically handicapped by playing W'O" for too long. My right thump is feeling numb from continuously pressing (too) hard on X and O *sic*. I don't know how many laps I flew in Phanton elite race on S/Climb - the only Gold I'm missing for Campaign Elite ... I'm down to < 2:10 but never got it better than 3rd place.
    You can obtain the gemini trophy by continuously remapping the DS3 controller between channel 1 and 2 (just press the PS-button) when selecting ship for player 2. It feels a bit silly but hey it's one more trophy completed!
    I managed to get that campaign elite trophy and I actually think that Sebenco Climb forward was the most difficult one of all 16. Absorb everything except turbo, autopilot and quake! Sideshift a lot in the beginning of the lap! Don't make to many barrell rolls, you'll get blown to pieces before you know it. Barrell roll over the crest if your shield allows it. If you have a turbo, you can boost over the chikanes in the end of the lap saving a lot of time! First lap is really important. If you get hit by rockets or mines you're smoked, just start a new race. I used AG sys or Goteki 45. You'll need that acceleration!
    Good luck, you'll make it eventually!